Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This can't be right can it?? *FF3 DS*

Okay, some new news: 1up.com just posted a bit saying that FFIII DS has been pushed back to mid November. Then again, they also said that it ws being pushed back from a date of November 1. The American SE site still says September, but they don't give a specific date.

1up article

Square-Enix America
    When life gives you a cactus, hug it. When life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and say, "Lemons? Who ever heard of hugging lemons? give me a cactus!

Renial.tripod.com/: A budding Legend of Mana site

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

More news: The game is out in some stores, I believe. On other forums I met people who have the game. And the ROM is out as well, I saw it, but it's useless, anyway, as no DS-emulator exists to run DS-ROMs. So people, better believe 12 september for the states, it's very unlikely for a game that's already finished to get pushed back 2 months.

I thought it wasn't going to hit Japanese stores untill August 24th. How do people already have the game? Oh well... just goes to show that the world is an interesting place.
    When life gives you a cactus, hug it. When life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and say, "Lemons? Who ever heard of hugging lemons? give me a cactus!

Blog Entries

Some stores decided that they'd sell it a week early. If only they sold it in english.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I went to Gamestop* and they said they'd have it by November 1st. -_-; What is it? Is it September or November? I just game up and reserved it. At least when it does come out I won't have to pay for it. I do hope that it's all a mistake or something, I just can't wait any longer.

*I don't care if you think Gamestop is a crappy store or [insert whining here].

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    I went to Gamestop* and they said they'd have it by November 1st. -_-; What is it? Is it September or November? I just game up and reserved it. At least when it does come out I won't have to pay for it. I do hope that it's all a mistake or something, I just can't wait any longer.

*I don't care if you think Gamestop is a crappy store or [insert whining here].
    Well, as far as I know, the SE-site of FF III still says september 12. All the dates on other sites are fake, until SE tells us themselves. On another forum, somebody mailed SE, asking for the released date, and SE still said september 12. I don't know where those stores and sites get their dates from.
    Well, until SE says otherwise, hang on to september 12. That's what I do. *Shrugs* And if it does not come out september 12, oh, does it matter? We're waiting for more than a year by now for this game, what's waiting another one or two months?

Hmmm... I find it rather funny (and suspicious) that they never say "September 12th." On their site, and even in that email, they just say, "it's coming in September." I wish they would officially anounce the actual date, because when it does come out, half of the people won't even know that it's out yet. Oh, by the way: I was on the Nintendo of America website, and I saw a picture for the cover of the October Nintendo Power: FFIII!!!

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by jj984jj View Post
    The official US date is now November 14th:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152937
    Is that confirmed by SE? Is it? I can't view the page, so I don't know. Does the official SE site say November? Does it? IS it logical for a game that's already out and finished to be delayed 2 more months? Even if they have to translate it, it can't be logical? SE themselves said in the email (link posted above) that september is their set date. So why is everybody getting on my nerves with their stupid november release date?!

Give me an answer now and calm me down: Did SE confirm the date to be delayed to november, or is it just that site and some other stores who think they are interesting by giving such dates who say that?

I want official word from the game's creators. I want this to get cleared up for once and for all.

The official US date is now November 14th:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3152937

Yeah, but hear this.

1) No proof.
    2) It was never delayed on November 1st. There is no site that even said November 1st.

Oh and edit.

Nintendo is also saying September.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Stores like Amazon, EBGames, and GameStop make up release dates for games. News sources do not.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, thank goodness.

1up is a huge and reliable source though, they have many connections and probably knew all along that the game wasn't coming out in September. Square-Enix has not given is a specific release date yet and September is next month, September is looking very unlikely, especially when S-E gave us a specific date for Dragon Quest Heroes in September and not Final Fantasy III.

FFXIV Character

1up is a huge and reliable source though, they have many connections and probably knew all along that the game wasn't coming out in September. Square-Enix has not given is a specific release date yet and September is next month, September is looking very unlikely, especially when S-E gave us a specific date for Dragon Quest Heroes in September and not Final Fantasy III.
    SE gave us four dates:
    At E3, they said September.
    The release of the FFIII website, they said September.
    At Comicon, the said September.
    In the e-mail, they said September.

So why can't you guys believe SE? The game is out already. It only needs to be translated. Translating cannot take 3 months, now can it? 0_o

SE never said any other date than september. Anybody who says otherwise is lying, until SE confirms it. Well, at least for me.