Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This can't be right can it?? *FF3 DS*

Default This can't be right can it?? *FF3 DS*

Ive just been looking at some of the screens and vids for the DS version and i saw this page. It says that it comes out in Japan on the 24th of August, Nov 2006 for the US and Sept 2006 for the EU. Surely we can't be seeing the day that Square release something in Europe before North America can we?? I assume it's wrong because I havent found an English site to preorder it from yet!!

http://uk.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/finalf...?mode=versions
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thank you Owen Macwere for the rockin' sig!

I Spaced!! :luigi: Simon Pegg rocks my socks :luigi:

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Default Re: This can't be right can it?? *FF3 DS*

And give me one good reason why me and my fellow Europeans aren't allowed to get a game before you guys and girls in the US?

(Of course it's very unlikely to happen but I have no complaints.)

actually, FF Origins on the PS1 was also released in Europe before the US.

i think maybe they're trying to compensate for the fact that they pretty much refused to acknowledge europe even existed prior to FF7, and even then ignored it for a lot of games (Chrono Cross, Xenogears, FF Tactics etc)

Hmmm... I've been hearing September for North America.... Anyway, don't put to much stock in that. Online game sites/stores are notorius for posting false release dates (like Gamestop's online store listing a December release date for FF VII PS3 remake, right after Square denide any such remake).
    When life gives you a cactus, hug it. When life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and say, "Lemons? Who ever heard of hugging lemons? give me a cactus!

Renial.tripod.com/: A budding Legend of Mana site

your arrogance is astonishing.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Who was that directed at? And yes, it's true, store dates can't be trusted. Nor can SE's delaying things constantly. See: Advent Children.

I've heard it'll be September, and October. I hope it'll be September, but we'll have to wait and see.

It is still being released on September 12 here in the U.S. I went to Comic-con and met up with some employees of Square-Enix. They said September 12, unless something goes wrong. September 12 is on Square-enix AND Nintendo's site.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, thank goodness. I don't think I could handle waiting for October 3rd.

It's only 4 0r 5 weeks till release right? I can't wait that long

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Half of me is jumping for joy at the prospect of FF II before the end of September. The other half is cursing Square-Enix for not releasing it sooner. Oh, and somehow I have a third half that's creating a little dance that I'll do in front of the counter at GameStop once I recieve my game.
    When life gives you a cactus, hug it. When life gives you lemons, throw them back at life and say, "Lemons? Who ever heard of hugging lemons? give me a cactus!

im not being arrogant i live in engand for christs sake!! my point was my surprise that we might actually see a square game come out over here before the US!! its a good thing people!!
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thank you Owen Macwere for the rockin' sig!

I Spaced!! :luigi: Simon Pegg rocks my socks :luigi:

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Has the European release of FFIII DS been even announced yet? I haven't even heard of that one, let alone a release date. I wonder if it's true that the European version is out next month. That would be bad, I'd have to spend 150+70 euros on a DS and the game, and later 70+50 euros on KH2 and a PS2 memory card.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

sorry, when i made the arrogant comment, i was referring to the post above me by kari-ga...something.

it just seemed like he tossed aside the prospect of square releasing smoething first in europe as "obviously a mistake".

You mean, "Angi-Kaiser." And I wasn't tossing that aside. What I was saying is that almost every I have gone, I have seen a September release date for the US. I was just saying not to put to much stock in what that one site said because alot of sites BS about dates, and that since only one site posted those dates as compared to many other sites posting another date that it probably wouldn't be wise to think that the GameSpot dates are the final dates. Sorry if I came off as arrogant...

cool, i guess it was just a misunderstanding, my apologies.

altho as i said earlier, FF Origins was released in europe first, so it could happen again :o