Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Movies that dare to be different.

Michael Jacksons Moonwalker springs to mind.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Pay it forward. That one really made me think, and it was heartfelt, because when it came out, something similar had happened to a kid at a school near mine.

Survive Style 5+, So bloody awesome and unique.

Tarantino's work has always left me wanting more and I loved the whole messed up narrative. Instead of the begining, middle and end, he totally messed it up perfectly!

The Truman Show
    Rock Star
    Man On The Moon
    eXistenZ
    V For Vendetta

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

Survival Is Ruthless The Real Dark Messenger's Avatar

Hmm... There are a lot of movies that comes to mind, but in my humble opinion Quentin Tarantino is doing a great job making movies that’s the exact opposite of other movies. Therefore, in my mind, he makes only movies that dare to be different – here I am especially thinking about Kill Bill. Also, Sin City comes to mind. Wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Dark Messenger View Post
    Hmm... There are a lot of movies that comes to mind, but in my humble opinion Quentin Tarantino is doing a great job making movies that’s the exact opposite of other <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1lace w:st="on">Hollywood</st1lace> movies. Therefore, in my mind, he makes only movies that dare to be different – here I am especially thinking about Kill Bill. Also, <st1lace w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Sin</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">City</st1:PlaceType></st1lace> comes to mind. Wonderful.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Quick question, Is kill bill really that original or was it based on his love for kung fu movies, other movies before it?

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Hmm... There are a lot of movies that comes to mind, but in my humble opinion Quentin Tarantino is doing a great job making movies that’s the exact opposite of other <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1lace w:st="on">Hollywood</st1lace> movies. Therefore, in my mind, he makes only movies that dare to be different – here I am especially thinking about Kill Bill. Also, <st1lace w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Sin</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">City</st1:PlaceType></st1lace> comes to mind. Wonderful.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Quick question, Is kill bill really that original or was it based on his love for kung fu movies, other movies before it?

Well, it was actually based on old chinese martial art movies and spaghetti westerns, but the combination of those two, the overall style and the gory action was kinda different here in the western world. At least I thought it was different when I saw it for the first time, and I know many people who just think it's too different.

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post

Well, it was actually based on old chinese martial art movies and spaghetti westerns, but the combination of those two, the overall style and the gory action was kinda different here in the western world. At least I thought it was different when I saw it for the first time, and I know many people who just think it's too different.
    Ah, point taken.

Anyway, I'll add Happiness of the katakuri's by Mike takashi. Anyone who's seen it would surely agree (if it hasnt already been mentioned).

The Great Train Robbery.

Eternal Sunshine, as has been mentioned before and before and yeah. I also quite like The Notebook as something quite different; perhaps for the same reasons as BoB mentioned? I thought Big Fish was slightly different from the norm.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

These films are the reasons I've not lost faith in Hollywood completely. There's just too many to name, and pretty much all been listed from what I can tell. I'll have to check out several, like Eternal Sunshine.