Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: America Under Attack thread (read first, please)

I'm don't even bother to comment that your previous comment Angel.*_*

What also starts pissing me off are those coward pilots who controlled those planes.
    I kinda doubt that these terrorists are capable of flying these huge passenger planes, at least to crash so accurately.

If these pilots crashed on these buildings just to get few minutes more living time, that's so despisable.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

Bongo Monkey

Another plane has been spotted on its way to Washington, and a squadron of fighters has been dispatched, under orders to "take it out".

This is really scary stuff. Even if it doesn't lead to war, we're looking at a global stock market crash. I'm just thankful I'm probably too old to be called up (I hope).

As for 6 people confirmed dead. Come on. All the eye-witnesses reported seeing hundreds of people leaping out of the windows. And I'm not just talking about the lower floors. A lot of innocent people have died today.

A minute's silence, please.

Your worst wet nightmare Recognized Member Squally Leonharty's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former Help Forum

Some facts:

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Terrorists struck the United States Tuesday morning in harrowing, widespread attacks that included at least three commercial jet crashes into significant buildings.

• In the first attack, a plane hit the north tower of the World Trade Center in Manhattan shortly before 9 a.m., followed by another plane into the second tower about 20 minutes later. Both towers later collapsed.

• American Airlines Boeing 767 that had been hijacked after take-off from Boston. American Airlines told CNN that it lost two planes in "tragic accidents," one leaving Boston with 81 passengers and 11 crew aboard, and the second leaving Washington Dulles airport with 58 passengers and six crew aboard. Both planes were en route to Los Angeles

• About an hour later, a plane crashed into the Pentagon in Washington, part of which later collapsed.

• Sources say a second plane was heading toward the Pentagon; F-16 jets were in the air monitoring it.

• The Pentagon, the White House, the State Department, the Justice Department, the Capitol, the CIA and all other government buildings in Washington evacuated.

• In the first ever national ground stop of aircraft, all flights nationwide have been stopped at their departure airports.

• All international flights were diverted to Canada.

• Israel has evacuated all its missions around the world.

• President Bush cancelled an appearance in Florida to return to Washington, calling the crashes "apparent terrorist attacks" and "a national tragedy."

• In Chicago, the Sears Tower was evacuated; United Nations in New York evacuated.

• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta was evacuated.

• The New York Port Authority said it had closed all bridges and tunnels into the city.

• New York's Bellevue Hospital was designated command central for handling the catastrophe. Several hospitals have already reported receiving victims with burns and head injuries.

• Large plane crashed 80 miles south of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, but it was unknown if this crash was connected to terrorist attacks.

• U.S. stock markets were closed after the New York attacks.

Apparently 156 people were on the two American Airlines aeroplanes. The news reporters / experts etc... are guessing at hundreds of fatalities.

It's sick.

I've just seen pictures of Jerusalem with Palestines (literally) partying in the street. . I know they don't like America but that is ridiculous.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't believe that I woke up to this this morning! How can people do these things? This is just way too scary! Doesn't feel good at all. Our radio station is talking WWIII! My prayers go to all of you who are out there.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

'The news reporters / experts etc... are guessing at hundreds of fatalities.' ~ Burtsplurt

I'd say thousands..

I heard on the news that airlines are reporting missing planes all the time.. but I don't know.. Oh my..

Oh my dear Doctor Recognized Member Wyllius's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm in the thinking that this is the work of Binladen with the support of some shadowy middle east Governments.

I hope they prove this and serve his head on a plate.

Mad-psycho

Angry Oh my god.......

I didn't come home from school expecting this kind of tragedy to be on the news. I hope it doesn't lead to anything more major IE. war. I don't live in america (scotland) but no more bloodshed is neccessary. The people who did this.....words can't describe how evil and cold hearted they must be.
    I doubt this'll be WWIII though.
    I really hope you are right about that

Gimme my pie and chips! Recognized Member Cactuar2000's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The FBI has been after that guy for years though, he'll be ever more low-key though now. Although he won't have done himself any favours with all this.. the whole world will be after his ass now.
    If you don't know who I am you were clearly of single digit age when I stopped posting on this forum.

I'm old skool.

..and FF8 is clearly still the best.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Meh. I hope everyone is okay there (Families, friends and all).

I heard about it during a break this afternoon.
    This is so sick.

My thoughts are with all of those who have to face the situation.

And then there is Death

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

There have to be tens of thousands of people dead. Both whole WTC Towers fell completely over. This is worse than anything that's ever happened to America.

I've heard there are 7 planes "missing", four of which are definitely highjacked and still in the air. All of the ones that are definitely highjacked are in CA, most heading for LA.

I doubt this'll be war though. Most countries will side with us. It won't be a war. We'll just fly over whoever did this and bomb them out of existence. We could probably do it ourselves, let alone with all the other countries behind us.

Some girl just came running into our room here because she has relatives who work in NYC, and in the Pentagon. I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank God for the great job he's done so far. THANKS GOD!!!!

Rawr.

Originally posted by Mikztsu
    I'm don't even bother to comment that your previous comment Angel.*_*

What also starts pissing me off are those coward pilots who controlled those planes.
    I kinda doubt that these terrorists are capable of flying these huge passenger planes, at least to crash so accurately.

If these pilots crashed on these buildings just to get few minutes more living time, that's so despisable.
    Don't throw the blame on the pilots, they could have used proffesionals to control the planes and just shoot the pilots. Maybe they tried their best to prevent this from happening...

Gimme my pie and chips! Recognized Member Cactuar2000's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The people behind it are allegedly the FDLP. Being an organisation and not a country it'd be awfully hard to go to war with them, they live secretive lives, spread everywhere, and rely on attention grabbing attacks like these, along with car bombings and such.

If they were to try anything like that, they know that all the miltary superpowers would side with the USA, people appear to have mis-interpreted Tony Blair's vow to help the United States.. he meant aid in tragedy, not ally in revenge.

Don't forget that once a plane is in the air, it's not hard to keep it there..civilians have flown them in emeergencies many times...
    If you don't know who I am you were clearly of single digit age when I stopped posting on this forum.

I'm old skool.

..and FF8 is clearly still the best.

Rawr.

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654

O_O

Fluttershy Recognized Member Ashi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

The most annoying thing is that .. the planes that crashed into the trade centre were civilian planes. Normal people, like the rest of us, were in them when they were hijacked. It's not fair.

If the pilots who hijacked were forced to do this, or paid or whatever, and like, didn't care if they died ... the rest of the people on the plain probably wanted to live.

It's so not fair.

I know, I'm late in talking about the planes but ...

Everyone's scared ... *hugs everyone*.

Godspeed..