Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Thread: America Under Attack thread (read first, please)

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

As Tony Blair said over here in England:

"This isn't a war between the USA and Terrorism, it's a war between the WORLD and terrorism. It's a new evil that must be erradicated. We stand shoulder to shoulder with our American friends..."

It's nice to know something is being done...I think...
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Prima Donna Celes

I still can't believe all this, it seems like I'm watching a movie. But it unfortunately is not. It's going to take weeks, if not months, to get a final death toll, which will probably be an unbearable amount. My school closed at 1:00 and a vigil is planned for this evening on campus.

This will be one of those events everyone remembers where they were for the rest of their life. I remember where I was during the Oklahoma city bombing and when Princess Diana died. This is another I will always remember. I will always remember the reaction I had when I turned on the news this morning.

As to a war . . . I kind of doubt there will be one. We don't even know who did this yet. Plus it was probably a group not a country.

This just doesn't seem real. I keep expecting to wake up and this will be just a bad dream...

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Well, I finally made it to a computer. As many of you know, I live in NY. Well, my family picked a bad weekend to take the 12 hour drive from hom to NYC. I am in the city now, and I had just been in the WTC yesterday. It's very frightening. I never thought about this happening and I haden't expected I'd never get into the WTC again... I did get to see the planes fly into the trade center, and I can honestly say I am thouroughly scared. I wont be home until the 14th so I hope everything is alright back up in western New York.

I am terribly sorry for anyone who was hurt or had relatives who were hurt..

My family and I were luckily very far away from the attacks, but still visible... I am really sorry for you all...

Twisted Heat

I live in canada...I dunno if giving blood would help...

Yes....things are being done...and it's good that they are! Oop...O_o...better call Sarah to see if she's okay

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Just...:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:ed up...

I walked into fourth period today, Advanced Life Science, and my teacher had the TV on. I had no idea what it was. I thought it was a memorial for a bombing in the past. But after watching it a while, I found out it was all too true. My friend and I were both shocked.

Later that period, the principle said not to watch it but to continue with class. That's what sucked. It's really stupid to sacrifice history in the making for a day of learning, which could always be re-done.

I'm really outraged with my school system right now. I also hope that the terrorist die a slow, painful, awful, disgusting, and unsanitary death. This is just wrong.

I live in north Carolina and only a few miles from Camp Lejune and on the news they said that they think there will be a plane crash in Camp Lejune too. My dad and many of my friends moms or dads work there. The roads in and out of Lejune are closed right now and my dad is stuck there. Since they think that Camp Lejune will be the next to be attacked they are now shooting down all passenger planes that fly over Camp Lejune. I'm just praying that this does not turn to using atomic bombs on the cities of the US because if that happens, Camp Lejune will be the first to go...............
    "To the world you are only one person,
    But to one person you may be the world."

My mother wasn't a bad person,
    Kuja was pursuading her......

Zidane was there to protect me,
    that's why I'll always love him

is very female. Recognized Member Daryl's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel so useless. I can't even donate blood (medical reasons).

But, I've made a small impact on campus but talking with and reassuring my residents (I'm a hall leader) and fellow students. So there is that.

I just want this all over. Each hour brings more good news, though, which I'm glad for. So far, I've lost no family or friends.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I doubt the people behind this have access to nuclear weaponry. If they did, they most likely would have used it on their earlier targets.

Morticia

I can't even get the pages to load...so I've not read all of this thread.

No one knows who is behind this attack on the US, this despicable act that MURDERED INNOCENT CIVILIANS! And just because they were Americans!

Christ; WHY? WHY? Vicksburg is on complete lockdown; so is Clinton.

And the WTC...just falling...until the day I die, every night in my nightmares I will see the images from the television.

Why is the US so hated? Why? All we've ever done was try to make the world a better place by sending food, money, and aid to other countries. For years, we have ignored the terrorist stings...are we now to go and destroy the very countries we have tried to be patient and we that we have tried to help?

I hope whoever is behind this has to watch as their families are slowly devoured by napalm and irradiated into ASH!

And then I hope they rot in hell as Satan's lap bitch for all eternity!

I cannot stop crying for thinking of all the innocent people who were murdered just because they were American.

Phoenix

I just saw some footage on TV that I hadn't seen previously; people hanging out from the windows of the Trade Centre.

I'd seen the pictures of the explosions and the aircraft flying into the buildings, but this was something else entirely. It really hits you when you see the people. It's devastating.

Not praying, just hoping.

Twisted Heat

Princess....and everyone that knows someone in a place in danger

I pray for you and their safety

This is just plain horrible. I was in study hall today when the intercom came on. It was the Principal. She said that two planes hit the WTC in New York and another hit the Pentagon. I was totally stunned and more so when I went to 4th period when I saw that one of the Towers were gone. When i saw the second collapse and all the other damage I was in shock and still am.

This (hopefully) will not lead to another WW. My prayers go out to all the people and thier families who fell victim to these horrific acts of terrorism. *prays*

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654
    For those of you who either do not understand the significance of this quote or refuse to see it *cough*Unne*cough, here goes my explaination:

In the City of God there will be a great thunder
    I would hardly call New York 'the city of God', but then again who's God are we speaking of, which city? There could have been numerous other signs in other cities.

Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures
    Well, the Twin Towers (world trade center) have collapsed after a chaotic morning. The pentagon, even though it was hit, is still standing.

the great leader will succumb
    Well, if it is referring to the President of the US, his retreat to an 'undisclosed location' could be seen as succumbing to fear/danger.

The third big war will begin when the big city is burning
    Well, NY isn't burning, alhough there were reports of fires in DC, and nobody knows whether these terrorists have finished or not.

Of course these striking similarities could be explained in a few ways, I will discuss a couple:
    1) These similarities are human adaptions of a situation to a vague prediction.
    2) The events were premeditated to conform to the prophecy.

Other than that I am extremely greif-striken as I hear more and more about this. What kind of perverse mind comes up with these sorts of plans. Who would plot out the times of the hijackings, the targets, and all of the other details involved in this intricate act of terrorism? Even more important: Who gave the terrorists the money they would have needed to fuel this attack?
    I also firmly believe that all those resonsible should be punished, but I am not crying out 'NUKE THIS PLACE' 'KILL (insert country here)!' I hink that we should do a couple of things first:
    a) Treat our wounded, and save as many lives as possible.
    b) Determine the persons responsible for this act of violence.

{UPDATE}
    One: Many builidings in the World Trade Center area are on fire, and building 7 has collapsed.
    (The big city is on fire)
    Two: The 'thunder' in the 'city of God' could be interpreted as the rejoicing in Jerusalem...
    Eerie, huh?
    Last edited by Red Wizard; 09-11-2001 at 11:12 PM.

This is scary...my Mother taped the footage, so I could watch it, specifically the trade towers collapsing..and to think that last night I was worried about myself.

This is quite possibly the worst terrorist attack...ever. Most likely more than 50,000 killed, up to 100,000. Downtown Manhattan is essentially gone...I live in Canada, but this is quite scary. The US will hunt for a political scapegoat...what will come of that remains to be seen.

This is sickening. Truly sickening. My Dad, for one, has lost friends, and he's really emotional...I have trouble grasping this.

Some grade 9 girls were laughing about it near the end of the day...I suppose they don't understand the magnitude of this. I can only wish for the best for the survivors and offer my condolences to the victims...*sigh* this may very well be one of the blackest days in history. Let's just hope the bombing stops here.
    No matter what your opinion of yourself may be, within every insecure person lies the thought that you are better than s/he.

Hmph, no more World Trade Center.

Jeez this is so scary, i've got a lot of family living in New York but they seem okay.

But whats bothering me is how 4 planes were succesfully hijaked at the same time. How did this all work?
    Draxyle/RedMage/Windurst/Level 12+