Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819

Thread: America Under Attack thread (read first, please)

It's amazing how some can try and justify this attack. America, a festering disease? Pushing our culture violently? McDonalds? The reason our culture sticks is that people like it. When a McDonalds moves in, it's successful because people like the food, and convenience. No force will make you eat a Big Mac if you don't want to. They can't compete with what we offer? That's not our fault. Our companies spread around the world offering them something new. If they don't want to see our culture, make something better. Our movies are too pervasive, well they're successful because they're good. Don't like it, do better. We're not pervasive or pushy, we're successful. If people don't like something they won't use it. We plaster their walls with stuff they don't want? Most of them like it, especially the youth.
    So one discontent rich guy (Bin Laden) wants to keep things the way they were, that makes it ok. If Bin Laden had came to America and promoted Islamic culture, we'd have welcomed it. Same with any culture. They all have something good to offer. Last I knew, being close minded was a BAD thing, not a justification to commit atrocities. There's nothing to understand about the motives. There's no need to discuss moral issues with a terrorist. If you dedicate your life to bombing innocent people (what a goal...), you've given up any claim to a "higher moral standing" and being considered human. Americans, and the rest of the civilized world are above sympathizing with the likes of whoever did this (terrorists that is). No, there's no justifying this.
    Last edited by Garland; 09-13-2001 at 12:12 AM.
    Knock yourselves down.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not responsible. I have no say in my free government. Those men do not represent me. So be careful where you point the finger, my friend.

I can understand what you are saying, though I disagree. I will allow, however, that America is far too involved in foreign conflicts. I have believed that for a long time.

I just got to listen to mom go on a tangent about how Afghanistani life is worth less than American life, and how if she could drop a bomb on the crowds of children in the streets of Palestine, she would. This is a popular opinion right now. Yet, she gets worked up about the life lost at the WTC? It's hypocrisy like this that makes me ill. I can't stand it.

Incidentally, in light of complaints about this thread's being too long, I'm closing it and starting a new one. Thank you.
    Popping up like a psychotic jack-in-the-box to get the Oldbies off their rocking chairs on the EoFF Assisted Living Home's porch >=D

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

DUH!! How can you sit back and say "oh, i'm not responisble, the government is." Or "what can i do," I don't know, you're only a CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTRY! So if you're not going to do something about it, someone who doesn't have influence the way we do will. And they are going to do it in a way that works for them. And if you say, "i didn't know about it" thses people are intending to reduce your ignorance on the situation. I can accept the anger that people who have lost loved ones feel right now, but I am SEETHING WITH ANGER at everyone else who ABSOLUTELY REFUSES to look at this from another view than their own! Pleeeeease excuse my intrudence on your limited vision on the situation but you probably know less than I do about what these people feel. I've felt it myself, I've felt oppresion, i've felt trapped and i've felt the need to strike back against those who wish to view me only through their eyes.

Please, about all else, don't be insulting. To insult another's intelligence or comprehension is unecessary. I see your point, as well, but do you see ours? At any rate, please calm down. We really, really don't need any huge arguments, right now.

This thread is now closed- a new one has been created.