Thread: A Thousand Miles (Yeah!)

Default A Thousand Miles (Yeah!)

Yeah so, this is a video I made using Windows Movie Maker featuring clips from Vanessa Carlton's A Thousand Miles and FFX/X-2. I was inspired by Angela Aki's FFXII video. :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK4HPMSG1sU

edit: // I have removed said video, so someone can close this.
    Last edited by feona17; 08-08-2006 at 08:19 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Some people will neglect to look at a Video like that because of the time it takes to look at it & that, but i really must complement you on your video making quality. This is really nice work, and the song fitted very well with your video. Keep up the good work, because i would like to see more. Good job.

Str8 Pimpin'

yah I was too lazy. I enjoyed the video and the choices you made as segments but you should not use clips from previously made music videos...

I like it Great song, and the video is really nice. Good job!

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by lovehurts
    yah I was too lazy. I enjoyed the video and the choices you made as segments but you should not use clips from previously made music videos...
    And using clips from previously made FMV's is any different?

Yes because once already a professionally made music video, well done and with purpose stealing it to serve the same purpose but to stake claim to the video as a whole as if you deserve credit for that half of a music video, which was already a music video is wrong.

All I'm taking credit for is the way how I put it together, I didn't say I made it. And I specifically put it in the description on YouTube that the clips are not mine, as should anyone who uses anything that they didn't make themselves. Personally, I don't see how it's any different from using Square Enix's work. It's still someone else's art. You can take it up with all the people who've done this already.

AS you will but as an artist you can expect critism every now and then. I still say that useing clips from other music videos to stick in your music video is wrong. I dont say however as I have not said that using squares video game clips is wrong.

Take it or leave it if you please but you cant change my mind.
    Last edited by lovehurts; 08-08-2006 at 03:29 AM.