Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Who gave the teen girl a guitar?

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Indie is not a genre. It is a lack of being signed
    I've always wondered why people like indie bands and bash on the ones that got signed. If indie bands were good, wouldnt they be signed?

At one time it was considered cool to not sing like kelly clarkson. now there is so much emphasis on having this "soul" sound where it sounds like your bringing notes from the other side through your voice. honestly half of the people who are heralded to be godly singers in one form or fashion use computers to fix the pitch or sync up the speed or whatever the reason they may have ... even effects like distortion and chorus and echo or reverb ...
    i don't understand why its such a monumental thing, esp since its being done more and more. When you see your favorite band playing they are using harmonizers and equilizers etc., there is actually a purpose for the big rigs of equipment stacked behind them ... they aren't just to look pretty.
    Before you think i am "Completely wrong" i agree to use Computers instead of singing is pathetic, however to use one to clean up the track or whatnot ... thats just how the biz works.

***EDIT***
    And for your question snoopy
    "I've always wondered why people like indie bands and bash on the ones that got signed. If indie bands were good, wouldnt they be signed?"
    Its a status thing ... to make it big just by following alone is what indie is all about ... not getting a butt load of money to promote and distribute (because you signed a contract)... it means more cause you did it all yourself.
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Aly & AJ *shudders*