Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 304044454647484950

Thread: EoFF's Top Artist

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

Wow...i never thought it would end like this.
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

congrats mum and happy mothers day~

looking forward to see your work again

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

Quote Originally Posted by ValkyrieWing View Post
    Wow...i never thought it would end like this.
    Well, I was hoping that the final challenge wouldn't end up like the rest of the competition did (where someone just ended up dropping out and no one gets eliminated, but in this case 2 people dropping out and one person winning the competition). I don't know whether it was the timing of when I gave the challenges, how much time I gave for the challenges, or even just the challenges themselves, but it all sort of just ended up this way. I do believe that this competition did succeed at one thing, though, and that is that it showed the rest of the forum the hidden artistic talents of you, Mum, and Nominus, along with the other competitors, even if they were eliminated. Though it didn't turn out to be a grand finale, I do believe it was a satisfying finale, because at least we got one final collection, rather than naming no one as EoFF's Top Artist because everyone dropped out. As I said before, it was bittersweet.

As for Nominus, I have decided that I will allow him to join the next round of the competition in May if he wants to join it. Though he is a really meticulous artist that does sometimes miss the deadlines, I do believe that if he were to come back it would be a great competition again.

I will be watching the Artist's Forum now and then and deciding on who I want to compete and sending them invitations, so if anyone didn't get to compete this time around, if I notice them they may be able to be in the next round. I have also decided to cut down the number of competitors to 8 (from 12 this round) just so things get moving quicker and people don't have to stay attached to this competition for so long. I may even cut it down to 6 (and the final challenge competitors to 2) but who knows.

I'll see you all in May for the next round of EoFF's Top Artist! :D

"I would post her final collection, but I want her to post it herself before this thread gets closed and archived; however, I haven't seen her in awhile and I don't know why she hasn't e-mailed me back."

Sorry Tan, I haven't received any emails since you sent the draft of the video. I sent back an email saying a couple of changes and you replied "I'll get your video as soon as I can (I just need to fix a few things with it) and I'll post it on Youtube where everyone can watch it. I'll make the announcement soon and then you can post your final collection and its video."

Thanks for naming me the top artist, even if I did win by default. I feel pleased with the pics that I did and I'm also pleased that I was able to complete each round, so thats something.

Do you have the address of where the video is so I can email it to my friends so they can see? Did you want to send me the final version first?
    Last edited by Mum; 02-11-2007 at 11:27 PM.

I was excited by this final challenge and chose "TIME" as my theme. I drew out 18 pics, completed 12 and chose these final 8 to submit. Tan kindly did the video for me under my direction.

Here are the first 5:
    Attached Images Attached Images

...and here are the other 3:

(If you hover your mouse over the image it shows the titles)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mum; 02-12-2007 at 12:04 AM.

great pics mum. also to tan i dont mean this in a bad way just something to note: i think the competition was too long drawn out,i no it takes time to do pictures but in some challenges there were multiple pictures had to be drawn and just in my opinion because evrything took so much time people wernt wiling to commit for one reason or another.i think it wud have been more succesful if it was shorter.
    maybe u agree maybe u dont but its just something to think about with the next competition.

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Clone 01 View Post
    great pics mum. also to tan i dont mean this in a bad way just something to note: i think the competition was too long drawn out,i no it takes time to do pictures but in some challenges there were multiple pictures had to be drawn and just in my opinion because evrything took so much time people wernt wiling to commit for one reason or another.i think it wud have been more succesful if it was shorter.
    maybe u agree maybe u dont but its just something to think about with the next competition.
    Oh yeah, I totally agree. I think that's why so many people dropped out. That's why I'm going to just get 6 competitors with less challenges. I mean, yeah, I'm halving how many there are, but it would probably be wiser for people to commit to this competition for 2 months rather than 4 like I did this competition. I mean, 2 months does sound long, but considering I'm giving two weeks per challenge (besides the final challenge)

Anyway, I'm uploading Mum's video on my Youtube account right now, but it's taking too long to upload, so I'll just post the link tomorrow.

Well, I never really gave a proper sendoff to either Nominus nor ValkyrieWing (as I usually when I announce the results) and I didn't fully give Mum the full congratulations, so...

ValkyrieWing, Nominus Experse, you're both erased. Both of you were great competitors, and I really do hope you can compete in the next round! If you don't want to compete, I would also be honored if you either of you could be a judge/guest judge :D

This means that...

Mum, you are EoFF's Top Artist. Thank you for sticking with this competition, and you truly are (and have been) the best artist in this competition. Your collection was great, and, if this thread stays open any longer, I'll post what my comments were going to be about your collection :D

Ooooh, goody! I can't wait!

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKI3SroA5Cw

There you go :D

Again, congratulations for winning Mum! You were a great contestant the whole way through.

Congrats, Mum I just saw the video on YouTube, and you've managed to create some truly great pieces - and I loved the way you used your theme.