Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10202425262728293031323334353640 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF's Top Artist

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

I made a video showcasing the first challenge's pieces and comments from the judges. It's not done yet, and about 30 seconds in the end is just black with some dramatic music because I haven't finished that part yet. Sorry the music is so cheezy =P

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m...gAnch=imgAnch1

Feel free to post any comments you have on the video :D

Anyways, I want to make a video for every challenge, but I do not think I will find the time, so if anyone wants to be the official EoFF Video maker, PM me for more details.

Also, the Top Artist deviantart hasn't been updated with the second challenge's pieces, and I don't have the time to do that either, so if anyone wants to become our official "Top Artist Deviant Art" person, PM me about it too :D

I hope all of you are mostly done, because the deadline is on Sunday and I will not be accepting late entries!

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

Mine's almost there!

EDIT: CHALLENGE COMPLETE!

*falls over*
    Last edited by ValkyrieWing; 09-09-2006 at 05:32 AM.
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

Add Me to Your Mana Pool 41-Inches-Wide's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I broke the rule since my partner didn't submit the MS Paint piece.
    (the thing about only one partner can do one part of the work)
    But I'm passing something still.
    Oh well, if it's any consolation, my 8-year-old niece did the MS paint for me. Quite pretty, I am obliged to say.

*passes to tan*

Happy Birthday to Me

I drop out. Im done with the contest. I apologize. I know its not very mature but I just dont have time for this anymore. Im sorry. I drop out. Dont let my partner fail because I chose to fail. It wasnt her choice that ultimately has effected our group. I dropped out by my own will and I effected the project in the way that I did she had no part in it.

I drop out. Skip this contest or whatever but I drop out.

Ive been sick and Ive been buisy . Im afaird that I cant go on with this any longer. Im sorry.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Might aswell just erase us both, as I was going to drop out after this task was over.

Its going back to School. Thats all my reason is. Im coming home exhausted

Im sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    Might aswell just erase us both, as I was going to drop out after this task was over.

Wait if she really wants to do this we are still in . If she tells me to make a pattern Ill make one right now but if not I quit.

Said it before but Im serious now.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by lovehurts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post

Wait if she really wants to do this we are still in . If she tells me to make a pattern Ill make one right now but if not I quit.

Said it before but Im serious now.
    It was due in 15 minutes ago, and Im falling asleep at the keyboard.

It was due in 15 minutes ago If it follows my timezone

That's ok it can be late ....Here it is only 7:19 pm i have time to work on it

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by lovehurts View Post
    That's ok it can be late ....Here it is only 7:19 pm i have time to work on it
    Whats the sudden change of heart? You was all set to drop out 5 minutes, I said erase us both and now you wanna do it again?

You know I couldn't really be totally arsed with it, but I thought Id be nice, and not leave half way through a task, but it dosn't matter. Whatever. Its too late. Im really exhausted. Its gone Midnight, here

Ok then I guess I wont go on. What's the point then. Forget it.

Catch you later.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Clone#01 and I have finished, even though I became a missionary of projectile vomit and high fevers.

As soon as I get ahold of my friend that has the scanner, it will be sent off to tan.

I enjoyed this challenge, and I very much enjoyed working with Clone#01. He came up with a pattern that was rather ingenious, even if him or I didn't know it when he first made it. He was also quite patient, and understood that projectile vomitting makes it difficult to draw efficiently. Again, many thanks Clone#01.

EDIT:Also, since Zeldy has dropped out, I'll just be a free judge if you want, tan.

Also, I would ask that Zeldy still judge mine even though she has decided to drop out. It would definately be appreciated, Zeldy. However, if you feel like you do not wish to do that, than simply say as such.
    Last edited by Nominus Experse; 09-10-2006 at 01:12 AM.

Health comes 1st for me. Inbetween my college which is the future of my life and resting to try to get better for college I didnt have time.

I take my hat off to you though for working through your sickness.

Im out, sorry Tan.

"Go die in a hole."- Kat

Anyways, since that's everyone (Mum and Zeromus_X sent theirs in a while ago), we'll just start the art showcase now.

Team #1:
    Zeromus_X:
    Mum:

Team #2: Zeldy and lovehurts are erased for dropping out.

Team #3:
    Clone#01-
    Nominus Experse-
    Team #4:
    Phil-
    41-inches-wide-
    And, of course, we have our winner from last challenge, ValkyrieWing, who had to do this challenge by herself because she has immunity. She did one pattern and both the front and back drawing of the dress.

Here's the criteria that you'll be judging on:

For the patterns:
    Originality
    Artistic value
    How easily it can be translated into clothing

For the clothing pieces:
    Originality
    Detail
    Believability (i.e. if you saw this dress if you were walking down the street, what would think of it?)
    Ability to translate the MS piece

Here's who will be judging who:

ValkyrieWing: Clone#01
    Nominus Experse: Mum
    Zeromus_X: Phil
    Mum: ValkyrieWing
    Zeldy: Nominus Experse
    41-inches-wide: Zeromus_X
    Clone#01: 41-inches-wide
    Phil: Nominus Experse

I did ask Zeldy to be a guest judge, and she can be an (extra) guest judge, in which she'll have to evaluate all of the pieces, but she's not obliged to :)

Anyways, guest judging reviews are not due on a specific time, though I would like them soon.

P.S. With so many people dropping out, I am requesting anyone who is
    on the verge of dropping out to do it now, before the start of the next challenge. I'm not angry, I'm not annoyed, I'm not the least bit perturbed, but I want to make sure everyone who doesn't want to compete just doesn't so I don't promise guest judge spots to people, then have to skip the challenge that they were promised a guest judge spot. I had already planned out 11 (now 9, so there are 7 challenges left) challenges, and if someone drops out and I don't find a replacement, I have to skip a challenge, and it's not because I want to, it's because I have to. This is simply because we'll end the challenge early (it doesn't make sense if there are one 7 people and 8 challenges to do :\).
    Last edited by tan; 09-10-2006 at 07:24 PM.

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

Mum is judging mine?

I am SO dead...:P
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

Sorry tan and the art work is beautifull guys.

Not so many memmbers left. Soon there will be a winner.