View Poll Results: Would you eat it?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would eat it.

7 28.00%
  • No, I wouldn't eat it.

6 24.00%
  • I would feel horrible afterwards... but my wish would be worth it.

4 16.00%
  • I would try to be friend with it and protect it from all the bad guys out there.

8 32.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you eat it?

Blog Entries

Unhappy Would you eat it?

Ok, so... let's pretend you walk around in a forest for some reason (searching for blueberries, maybe?) and then you find a rather strange-looking mushroom. When you walk closer, the mushroom says "please, don't eat me!". Yes, that's right! You've found the one and only living mushroom in the world.

Now, you would probably either go like "WTF?" or "OMG! HAXX!" but let's pretend you actually managed to come up with a... well... NOT extremely retarded and nerdy phrase, for a change, like: "Who are you?" or "How come you can talk?"

The mushroom explains that he/she/it contains a magical, un-natural energy that makes this possible. This magical energy is also so powerful that if someone would eat him/her/it thus consuming the magical energy, the one who eated him/her/it would be granted 1 wish.

Yeah, so by eating the mushroom, you would be able to have ALMOST any one wish granted. The magical energy still got its limmits so wishing for more wishes, wishing for world-domination and wishing to be god etc, wouldn't work. But almost anything other than that would be possible. Also, even if you wished for the ability to revive people, you still wouldn't be able to revive the mushroom as the magical energy was spent on that wish, and the mushroom can't live without that energy.

The mushrooms seems like a really nice creature, and wants to go to many places and see more of the world as well as making friends etc.

But... all you need to do to have (almost) ANY one wish granted, is to eat that poor thing. If you don't eat it, then maybe someone else will do it! Maybe, if you do it quickly, it won't feel any pain.

But then again... who wouldn't like to be friend with a talking mushroom? Mushrooms also have the right to live!

It's a hard choise, to me atleast. What would YOU do?

Oh, and please take this seriously. I almost considered posting it in EoEO. But then I figured more people would check it out if I posted it here instead.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 08-11-2006 at 11:33 PM.

I wouldn't eat it. I don't like Mushrooms. They taste icky. And if I was gonna eat and wish for something, it would be more wishes. But I couldn't wish for more wishes even if I did eat the poor thing. So, there you have it.

It really depends on what fungi it has similarities to in my World of Fungi highly illustrated and underated hand book.

Erm. >.>

Nothing wrong with eating mushrooms from woods, I'd gobble that thing whole....get a wish too :p

I can't really think of anything I want that would really be worth eating the mushroom, so there wouldn't really be any point. I'd try to befriend it. A mushroom friend would be awesome. =D

C'mon C'mon

Only if i could wish for a never ending supply of wishes. That has always been my first choice wish.

i don't like mushrooms, they kind of scare me

I would ask for the ability to (if of course i wanted to none of that king midas and his golden touch crap XD ) touch someone and heal them . any affliction . cancer or broken bones mended and i could do it forever . who knows maybe i could cheat death somehow and live forever healing people ... also if i was the greedy type i could make a killing by going town to town healing for money or something. if i was greedy >.<
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fuego View Post
    I would ask for the ability to (if of course i wanted to none of that king midas and his golden touch crap XD ) touch someone and heal them . any affliction . cancer or broken bones mended and i could do it forever . who knows maybe i could cheat death somehow and live forever healing people ... also if i was the greedy type i could make a killing by going town to town healing for money or something. if i was greedy >.<
    Yay! Finally someone who understands the potentional of eating a mushroom!

LMAO thank you Ultima Shadow

what would you wish for ?
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Regardless of your explanation, Ultima, if I came across a talking mushroom I would suspect that I had already eaten a mushroom or two.

That aside, I wonder why a talking mushroom's first words upon seeing me would be, "Don't eat me!" Why would it automatically assume I would eat it? After all, it's not common knowledge that eating a talking mushroom will grant someone a (limited) wish. Maybe subconsciously the mushroom wants to be eaten! Therefore, if I ate it, I would be playing into it's psychological manipulations...so I wouldn't eat it. Unless...the mushroom somehow knew what my reaction would be , and cleverly tricked me into not eating it, in which case, I would eat it!

Then I would wish that friction did not exist so that we would all have many laughs sliding helplessly all over the earth...

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fuego View Post
    LMAO thank you Ultima Shadow

what would you wish for ?
    Not completely sure yet. But wishing for the power to use any kind of magic is probably what I would end up choosing. Both healing and general kick-ass magic! Yay!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

My first thought was 'I'd be its friend!' then I looked at the choices and saw that that was a choice and I was happy.

I'm sorry little shroom, but I would eat you. I would wish for the power to control time, and however far shroomie's magic can take that is what I'd be happy to get.

Nice ... i shoulda thought of that ... XD