Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Why so Many People Thought that Kuja was a Girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_20 View Post
    He's a transvestite.
    I don't think that he is a transvestite. In the past, people(principally the nobles) wear very weird clothes(comparing with today), and some of them could be considered transvestites if they lived in the present.
    To me, Kuja is just a eccentric noble man.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Kuja is not a transvestite. He is not trying to look like a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLadyNyara View Post
    Okay, he's a hermaphrodite then. Does that make you happy?

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RiseToFall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLadyNyara View Post
    Okay, he's a hermaphrodite then. Does that make you happy?
    No, because that isn't accurate either. :rolleyes2

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

Kuja likes to dress pretty.

When Kuja first came on, I got confused, his appearence was feminine so he looked like a girl. I did a double take when the dialogue involving him introduced as him as a guy, so I thought, "Um, well maybe that's why a rich guy dresses on Gaia." It could also be his way of hiding his tail. I like Kuja as a villain, a well dveloped character, but sometimes I have to make some inside humor. Like here's a sample if I ever get my spoof session started.

Quote Originally Posted by Auction House
    Kuja: "Never would I have imagined running into you in a place like this. It must be fate. But you cannot rest your wings yet... Fly home to your mother, my little canary. *screen fades to black* I, too, will welcome you home with open arms."
    The original translation of this piece of conversation was, "I'm going to say I have a crush on the lead female to prove to my fellow FF villains, appearence doesn't define sexual-orientation."

Quote Originally Posted by *~Dagger Trepe~* View Post
    Well, so does Zidane, but we don't call him a girl...
    Um, no. Zidane looked like a guy. He was dressed like a guy. He looked like David Bowie every now and then, but it can't be near as bad as Mr. Meg Ryan one game later.

I didn't actually think he was a girl, I just thought he was very effeminate, I guess it was rather amusing hearing others think he was a girl. He is pretty though.

Kuja has always been my favorite FF villian, probably always will be. His character is fairly complex, and apparently so is his appearance since a million of these topics are alway posted on boards. It IS pretty obvious to tell he's a man just because all the dialogue calls him a man...and he has no breasts. xD So what he wears funny clothes? It doesnt make him a tranny, nor a hermaphrodite (and that suggestion is stupid anyway, we'd have to strip him down just to tell if he was one).

Kuja's also obviously quite comfortable with his body, since he shows it off, and why shouldnt he be comfortable with it? He's an effeminate male, he has softer and prettier features than someone like say, steiner, does. So really, i think that he would actually look out of place in something more "manly" or whatever ya wanna call it.

That was dilerbarate though. The inteview I saw on FFIX decribed Kuja as a "Binshjuon" (Sp?) which is a common term used in anime's - it is japanese for a tranny.
    You mean "Bishounen" or "Bishōnen " and it does n't mean tranny. It means "beautiful boy." It is a popular Japanese art form dating back quite a long time. I really have no love for anything Japanese except games and bishy artwork. Their history is kinda...stupid. And their rock seriously needs to listen to more Iron Maiden and get some talent.

Anyway, I never thought he was a guy. And I have an eye condition. So, I never got why no one else could see it. This was further compounded when i showed 2 girls a picture of him *they had never seen him before) and they fully agreed he was definitely a man. The face, again, is distinctly a man.

The whole "Kuja is a girl" BS was started by people trying to slander him. Also, I have nothing against trannies (they can be sexy even) but Kuja is not a tranny. he does not wear a bra. Or act like a girl. His Thongs can be worn by any gender obviously and the lower garment is just to hide his tail. The feathers might even be part of his head as they stay on and change after he goes into Trance.

Originally bespoken by Forsaken Lover:
    Their history is kinda...stupid. And their rock seriously needs to listen to more Iron Maiden and get some talent.
    WTFH....if you werent defending Kuja... *eye twitches*

Anyway, yes, what he said is good. If kuja was a tranny, he'd be in a bra and most likely have makeup on as well. He doesnt talk girly either, he talks like a rich snob.

Frankly, i like what he's wearing, but for all you insecure people who are made uncomfortable and cant tolerate what he wears, consider this: he never really had anyone to teach him about fashion. All he had to learn from were the Genomes and Garland, so considering what he lived with, i think he did pretty well.

Well, come on. Dir En Grey is better than Iron Miaden? Black Sabbath? What guitarist do they have that matches with Randy Rhoads, Eddie Van Halen, Dimebag Darrell? Drummer that matches with Dave Lombardo, Neil Peart? I didn't think so.

And Feudal Japan was all about having massive armies kill each other for 2 inches of land. There was no rhyme or real reason for half ot eh wars and battles that took place then.

And samurais and ninjas ae cooler in animes than they ever were in real life. Most Samurai simply abused their position, no better than a modern day politician except they had a sword.

BUt yes, Kuja rules. Very, very sexy man.

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Kuja wore an attire of effeminate nature to reflect his deeply narcissistic and self-admiring personality.
    Translation: He dressed like a girl because he's conceited and is in love with himself.
    This is a signature.

Originally bespoken by blitz_king10:
    Translation: He dressed like a girl because he's conceited and is in love with himself.
    Um...DUH...

Ya know, i wonder just why people make such a big deal about kuja being femme? Does it threaten the american perception of what a male is? Face it, thats the way japanese are, they like femme guys. Its in their music, their games, and especially in their anime. But ya know what? I never hear people whining about their anime or music, so why always the "omfg, is kuja gay?!" threads?