Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An interesting inconsistency.

Except at one point Laguna DOES directly respond to a thought Squall has, and in a way that he could only respond in if he understood the thought.

So your objection falls through even IF Posession and piggybacking are functionally identical, even though they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Viator
    That fact is wrong
    Oh sorry, wrong person.

Anyway, FE, I'm interested in where you're going with this. Edea acts as if she knows Ulti's plans, so does this mean that Edea has been acting and scheming something this whole time?

Perhaps she's got a deal going on with the Shumis who are possessing people, and Edea is planning on the reign of propagators far into the future.

Thank you Hysterian!

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

id imagine that edeas knows a lot about what ultimecia might do because of experience in these sorts of matters and she doesn't know all that much about ultimecias plan until esthar where a lot more info is uncovered by odine and people like that so edea doesnt know that much, she just seems experienced in this kind of matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Except at one point Laguna DOES directly respond to a thought Squall has, and in a way that he could only respond in if he understood the thought.
    Where did that happen?

Possession relates to Elloneīs ability.For instance,at Winhill you can make Laguna take a path different than its usual.And he gets surprised.

Laguna can have control over himself because he has not lost his memory.
    Flo:Honey,the clock is late.Go out fix it.
    Mayor Dobe:What hours is it?
    Flo: 15:30
    Mayor Dobe:Hey do you wanna to send the Estharians to Centra or what?
    Flo:Ok,let it be on 3:45

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Future Esthar View Post
    Possession relates to Elloneīs ability.
    They do have some similarities, but they're not the same.

Laguna says-"I usually didnīt take this path" or something along these lines.
    Would Laguna have lost his memory before this event he wouldnīt remember the path he used to take and would not realize he was doing something abnormal.This way he wouldnīt prevent the forces acting on him.
    In fact,a person without memory didnīt have an identity and thus he thinks he IS the person possessing him.He donīt try to act like himself because he didnīt know this "himself".
    That is what possession is about on FF8.

Images removed for being utterly colossal. Please use images that conform to the size limit.

Regards,
    Big D

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Future Esthar is Life.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Jesus is Life,not me.

Regards,
    Big D

Laguna says-"I usually didnīt take this path" or something along these lines.
    Would Laguna have lost his memory before this event he wouldnīt remember the path he used to take and would not realize he was doing something abnormal.This way he wouldnīt prevent the forces acting on him.
    In fact,a person without memory didnīt have an identity and thus he thinks he IS the person possessing him.He donīt try to act like himself because he didnīt know this "himself".
    That is what possession is about on FF8.
    What's that Lassie? FE's making ANOTHER wild claim without any supporting evidence? Oi.

And to respond to when- Several times Laguna directly responds to Squall. First when he says "Huh? Excuse me?", and it confuses Laguna. Another time, Squall says "where am I", and Laguna knows it's 'the faeries' immediately. That's with only a minimal connection and no real time together. Imagine the possibility with a total connection over months, if not years.

*hugs FE*

You have an interesting point! So, what do you think this could mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaven View Post
    *hugs FE*

You have an interesting point! So, what do you think this could mean?
    That's what I've been asking him, but he wouldn't answer.

\`,

Thank you Hysterian!

Good God. Future Esthar. The legendary Future Esthar. Let me just start by saying I'm a huge fan and it's an honor to finally get the chance to respond to your outrageous (but wonderful) theories.

But that cannot be the case because we know that neither Laguna neither Kyros neither Ward were able to understand what the faeries were saying while sane,let alone on a crazed state.
    I know she was possessed, but when was Edea crazy? Just curious. Not challenging you or anything. Not yet, anyway.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I am back!
    Welcome!
    People say that Edea knows about Ultiīs plans because she became aware of her thoughts while possessed.

But that cannot be the case because we know that neither Laguna neither Kyros neither Ward were able to understand what the faeries were saying while sane,let alone on a crazed state.
    It is a good thing I dun understand what you are saying either. Cheers.
    Yep.

What crazed state? :S What faeries ?

Edea knows Ultimecia's plans because she was possessed; Ultimecia's thoughts were controlling Edea's body (as well as Edea's thoughts, I assume).

I have no idea what Faeries you're talking about, or when Kiros and Laguna and Ward are ever in a crazed state, but if what you're saying is that Laguna and co. cannot sense Squall's presence therefore Edea could not do the same for Ultimecia you are wrong. Squall was watching through Laguna's eyes, while Ultimecia was CONTROLLING Edea's body. There is a difference between Edea's possession and what Squall and Co. deal with when they're sent to the past. Hrm. I'm clear as mud, eh?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't see anything strange like that in the game...
    The only strange thing I see is this thread!

Here we go friends. This is what the game tells us depending on where you are in it. Spoiler warining maybe. Anywho Ultimecia used a machine created by Odine that replicates Ellone's power to send people into the past. A machine that imitates Ellone's power coupled with the fact that Ultimecia is a sorceress could give her the power to possess and not just watch. Btw Faeries is what Laguna and the others called it when they felt Squall and the others presences. (Hoped that helped.) Also, Squall and the others never tried to take over or control Laguna and the others. They simply observed. As for Edea knowing about Ultimecia's plan it is at the ending of the game that you find that out. Spoiler During time compression Ultimecia traveled to the past and as she was dying she gave her powers to Edea. Squall went along and told Edea about the Garden and SeeD. Hope that helped ya all.
    If your not living on the edge then you are taking up too much room.