Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: America Under Attack thread, part deux.

And you think the civilians will just LET us impose democracy on them? Isn't that kinda why the attacks took place? Western oppression, and telling their people what to do?

The Beatles/1967-1970 Cyan Highwind's Avatar

Angry

PLEASE STOP THIS SENSELESS FIGHTING OVER THESE STUPID ISSUES!! Now is a time to help. Help the victims and the victims familys and please please please have respect at this time of crisis

the remainder of this .sig was slaiking the tables, and I didn't know what you were trying to do, so I couldn't fix it, and had to remove it. -Bleys

Psst, we can't exactly help people save lives via messageboard...

What do you think the 'peacekeeping' force is for? You and I both know that they won't enjoy it, but realistically we can't just wipe out their government and let them go on without monitoring. We would set up our government style for a few years, and if it proves successful in aiding the general good of the country, then chances are that when we leave they might stay democratic. If they don't, then they will be bitter, but they will know that they don't stand a chance in an all out war, and that we will not tolerate cowardly acts of terrorism. That is the point of this whole thing.

[EDIT]
    Originally posted by Cyan Highwind
    PLEASE STOP THIS SENSELESS FIGHTING OVER THESE STUPID ISSUES!! Now is a time to help. Help the victims and the victims familys and please please please have respect at this time of crisis
    I myself have already donated blood, and agree that it is very important that we aid those who were injured in this catastrophe. However, I also find it important to know what the world's reaction is, and how we all will react to it. This will change all of our lives in one way or another, and I think it to be a good thing that we are sharing our ideas about this.
    Last edited by Red Wizard; 09-13-2001 at 02:20 AM.

Unhappy

I am truly sorry...
    But at this time my heart is filled with anger fear hate resentment and sorrow but most of all horror. horror of the images on the t.v. of people jumping out of the towers from the top of the towers, screams of people, and most of the images and screams of those not seen those trapped beneath the rubble.

the remainder of this .sig was slaiking the tables, and I didn't know what you were trying to do, so I couldn't fix it, and had to remove it. -Bleys

Cyan, I thank you for bringing up the fact that there is more than just the political aspect of this. We all need to be reminded of that sometimes, you should not feel as though you need to apologise because you said what you feel. That is what this is about, sharing our ideas/what we feel. I will admit that I will have nightmares about the death and suffering caused by this.

[EDIT]: My addition has been re-posted
    Last edited by Red Wizard; 09-13-2001 at 02:48 AM.

Unhappy

I would like to thank all of our allies thoughout the world Nato saying that any crime agianst america is a crime agianst Nato tony blair expressing his condolences to our loses and all of our allies saying that they help us in the effert to find the people who comitted this horrible act of war. But I agree with whoever said that revenge will; not bring back those who have died.

This was posted on the Palladium Mailing List:
    (begin snip)
    Taken from STP 21-1-SMCT page 546

Standards:
    Follow the "Soldier's Rules" conducting combat operations in accordance
    with the law of war.
    1. Fight only enemy combatants.
    2. Safeguard enemies who surrender.
    3. Do not kill or torture enemy prisoners.
    4. Care for the wounded, whether friend or foe.
    5. Do not attack medical personnel, facilitites, or equipment.
    6. Destroy no more than the mssion requires.
    7. Treat all civilians humanely.
    8. Respect pricate property and posessions. Do not steal.
    9. Identify the rights and duties of prisoners of war.
    10. Report all violations of the law of war.

These are the laws most soldiers follow, in one form or another. These bastards violated laws 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7. That's 60% of the conventions recognized by the civilized world. Now, I admit that the Pentagon is a valid target, but 50,000+ civillians? I don't think any nation in the world has ever specifically targeted civilians for extermination, and has survived. No group that has ever tried this will survived. We, the civilized world, will make sure of that.
    (end snip)

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

i'd like to say that i think everyone has been great, that is...look at all the volunteers giving blood. all the firefighters and the doctors and nurses helping victims. all the journalists who have gone without sleep to bring news coverage to the people. people who have laid flowers at the embassy. or are holding memorial services. or just praying and thinking of the victims. it's nice to know that we can semi-get along in a crisis. thank goodness.

Angry

(Note: 32,000 people are employed at the pentegon every day)
    I agree with red wizard these evil criminal ( Bastards!!!!!!) should pay for this crime and I assure you that this nation will act directly and if Bin laden is behind this he is a dead man! But this needs to be a signal that the united states will not allow terrorist attacks of any magtitude

Death of Grammar Recognized Member Rirse's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to the community

"It is open to a war resister to judge between two combatants and wish success to the one who has justice on his side."
    - Gandhi

I'm just remined of this quote from the great Gandhi that related to the tragery and the signture maded by Angela.

What if the military sets up medical camps at their nerve centers and there are civlians all about, but also enemy soldiers? We just let them pick us apart?

we must send a message that america will prevail and survive. The most beautiful thing was the members of congress singin God Bless America on the steps of the capitol and the members of other countries observing a moment of silence at 8:45 Am this day August 12 2001. showing the truth that this diastater has brought this country, no, this world closer together than his ever been.

Guess what. If Congress was all in the same building, and a kamikaze flight hit it, we'd all be royally f*dged up the bum. Seriously. Tom Clancy wrote a book about it.

Angry

It was that it was beatiful that the country could come together during a time of crisis. People like you make me furious having no respect for the victims and there famliys. Oh, and the United stated has the worlds largest army, air force, and navy not mentioning the us soliders in the embasses around the world.

Edited by Unne: please don't insult anyone. Things are bad enough already.