Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: America Under Attack thread, part deux.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am SO not warning anyone, again. Do not get insulting. It is the absolute last thing anyone needs. Okay?

The Beatles/1967-1970 Cyan Highwind's Avatar

Quote " What Suffering, what dramitic events! But, also what incredable achievements."- Pope John Paul II
    I'd like to apolgise for what I said before I know this isn't an excuss but I have a very short temper...

the remainder of this .sig was slaiking the tables, and I didn't know what you were trying to do, so I couldn't fix it, and had to remove it. -Bleys

Who says I'm not sympathetic? You ever stop to think that I might know people who were majorly affected by this incident? Well I do, and have been trying to confort them for the last 24 hours. Just because I don't talk about giving blood and such doesn't mean I have no sympathy. Besides, I'm too young to legally give blood or do anything that would make a difference.

The Beatles/1967-1970 Cyan Highwind's Avatar

Unhappy

I'm Sorry...
    I am a friend of some people who are affected by this tradgey and also am affected by it and have been very high strung the past day and a half so once agian I'm terribly sorry

the remainder of this .sig was slaiking the tables, and I didn't know what you were trying to do, so I couldn't fix it, and had to remove it. -Bleys

Trigash

I live in Sarasota, Florida !!

Well when President Bush was in Sarasota, Florida ( Where i live ) he was going to Booker Elementry. I got to Booker High School. Wich really isn't that far from Booker. Maybe 2 blocks i think. I think it a great tradegy what happened. I know my friend's ( Dalpha 2000 ) brother was in the WTC when the planes hit. I think he actually comes to these forums. Many people across the world are shaken terribly by this act of terrorist. In Venice, Florida. Wich is about 10 minutes from Sarasota, Florida is where the terrorist learned to fly actually. I haven't actually heard the whole story, but i do feel very bad for all the people who have lost loved ones in that terrible accident.

Morticia

I've read the two pages of this thread to see admins/older members acting like everyone is supposed to want to be fair. THE TWIN TOWERS WERE DESTROYED. OVER TWO THOUSAND PEOPLE ARE KNOWN TO BE DEAD.

Wanna tell me where the "fairness" is in that?

I've got a friend still trapped in the rubble of the WTC.

She's probably dead.

Where the f--- was your "fairness?" and how the f--- are your "ideals" going to work against madmen? You can't reason with evil; you can reason with radicalism. Wake up.

We need to hunt down those responsible like the carrion eating dogs they are; we need to drag them behind the chariots; we need to strip them naked in the streets; destroy their bodies, and THEN kill them.

All on international live television.

Is it fair? Just?

Go take a look at the tear streaked eyes and faces of those who have family dead in these attacks. Go take a look at the joyful faces of those g-------- Palestinians as they DANCED! Then tell me what "fair" is!

Go and dig my friend Katie out of the rubble and ask HER what SHE thinks should be done!

Phoenix

This is so...phenomenal. It's like a movie, and I want out. The worst part is...I can't do anything. Nothing at all. Who KNOWS what will happen? And here I am, useless, trying to block it from my mind with other events. It's all so unreal...
    "It's a plastic bag, you stupid bastard!"

ew2x4

Default In USA, There is a rebirth of patriotism

I don't know what the goals of the terrorists were. Anything I say about it would be pure speculation. But, the only thing that seems right would be that they wanted to ruin America. They wanted to ruin America's economy, America's image, America's military, America's government and on and on and on.
    Tonight, I have realized that they have brought America closer then it ever has been. Never have I seen so much botherly love in a time of dispair. Never have I seen so many people proud to be an American. Never have I seen people wave thier flag and the nation reacts.

Tonight on TV, there was a Candle light vigil in a Minor league baseball stadium in Wichita, Kansas. I live near it. What I saw gave me goosebumps. People were enthusiastically aplauding men in uniform. They have never given more support of our government. Never have more people been there for one another.

To fellow Americans, our country will get through this. Our world will get through this. I haven't had as much faith in that as I do now.

Only time can tell how this will play out.

ew2x4: Exactly. Pull together guys not apart.

Society is dividing. The United States of America is starting to crumble. Which is exactly what the perpetrator of this elaborate scheme planned to happen.
    --Neel

We're crumbling guys. Please, I plead to you to stick together. We don't need hate. See what hate has produced? More hate.

The same ideas Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr. expressed, of ahimsa and passive resistance, nonviolence... it won a country's freedom, it ended a race's persecution... what can it not do?

Please, whatever religion, whatever system of beliefs you have. You need not be orthodox or agnostic, but still, please, I beg of you to have faith in yourself as a person and yourselves as people.

You're all I have now. My friends are not with me anymore. Don't crumble like they want you to.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I dont know about all of you, but America is being a [edited]. ... we are truly the nicest people on earth! but now, if we wanna save lives? we need to be the bad guys and kick some ass. but if I am saying that, will I go to the army? .. I probably wont. if we are gonna take some action, we need to get out buts up and do something about it, I hope you all understood that. we need to stand up as a nation and say to all those laughing in out face that we are a country, and we can make it!

this is something extra
    YOU MUST READ THIS!

this is a normal step in humans

first the "I cant believe it" state of what is happening

then the "Shocked" state of it actually is happening

now we are in the "Anger" state. of why/who the :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou: did this?

we want answers and are comeing to any conclusion necessary to get revenge .... we need to be calm, calm down everyone, everything will be ok. and I am saying that cause everything will ....

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Phoenix. We, or at least I, am not debating the rightness of punishing those who are responsible-at least those that aren't already dead. What we are against is war against a country. I've already stated many of my reasons for this position in the first thread. I'm sorry...there's nothing I can say to comfort you, and to say I'm sorry about your friend and hope she's alright is trite and plastic sounding...even if I do mean it. So...yeah. *hugs you*
    Popping up like a psychotic jack-in-the-box to get the Oldbies off their rocking chairs on the EoFF Assisted Living Home's porch >=D

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree. Phoenix, you have no idea how much I hurt for you, and your friend. I do not oppose at all the torture and terrible, drawn-out deaths of those that have caused this. But I do not sanction war against another country. I deplore the people that have caused this, as well. *hugs* I hope everything is okay, Phoenix- I really do. You know that I, and everyone else, cares. I'm very, very sorry.

I think many people's sentiments can be summed up by the following:

War against a country - bad.
    War against terrorism - good.

Of course, the methods in which this second 'war' should be carried out MUST be diplomatic. What would all the dead people say: "Don't f*** this up." That's what they would say. That's what my cousin would say, despite her... well.

So, America, don't f*** this up. Please, I continue to stress unity.

Chris Lionheart

First I just have to say that those terrorists will pay for all the pain and suffering they have brought upon our great nation. Terrorists have now officially crossed the line when they pulled a stunt like they did yesterday. We all know that this has shocked the world and not just the United States. I still cant get it out of my mind how one day things could be all nice and dandy and the next the whole nation is under almost every kind of alert known. I read that we are crumbling? WHAT? WE ARENT CRUMBLING! WE will only become stronger from this experience. Those bastards who did this are only trying to make us crumble, but like President Bush said, We will pass this test the world has given us. Like everyone is saying though PLEASE dont do anything stupid such as hate crimes, you'll only be sinking down to their level. Finally I just want to say this on a personal level..... "WHO EVER DID THIS YOU HAD BETTER COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS REAL FAST CUZ WE'RE GONNA FIND YOU AND KICK YOUR ASS!"

P.S. MY condolences and sympathies go out to everyone affected by Tuesdays tragic event.

ew2x4

Has anyone heard the rumors of the Taliban holding bin Ladin under house arrest? I heard them from two different places but it's unconfirmed.