Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: America Under Attack thread, part deux.

Can't say that I've heard that rumor being confirmed or not. One thing is for sure...if he is in one place and can't get out...well, his goose is a cooked and cooked well-done.

Let's face it from the military viewpoint of what happened. They went after the Pentagon. Good thought, didn't completley work. What happened as a result? You humiliated the military "head" of the US. Do you think they'll stand for that. Hell no. If the military can get Bin Ladin alive, they will most certainly do it as long as it doesn't cost lives. Why? Because if he is behind everything, then the population of the US will want that trial aired, and they will be expecting that death penalty ruling. And when it comes (and believe me, if it goes to trial, he will get the death penalty if he lives that long) to that ruling being anounced, you'll see a lot of Americans dancing in the streets.

Of course, I doubt they'll be able to get him alive, if he is the one behind everything. If they can't get him alive, they'll have no problems bombing him all the way to East Bumblef***.
    "Game over? Damn right I'm over!"

SubmoDuck

The man is already on the FBI's Top Ten Most Wanted.

-Submo Duck

Morticia

I no longer know what to think.

War...or no war?

These people think it is holy to kill Americans. To them; our deaths are a step toward bringing perfection to the world. Our blood in the streets is a sanctifying sight for them; the broken rubble of American buildings and bodies is good to them.

How but war do we end this threat, not only to America, but to any nation that these goddamned people decide it is holy to hate?

And how can we kill the society which indoctrinates this hate without killing civilians?

Do we let these madmen sit and preach their poision until all of America is gone? Who do they go after next? The UK? France? Spain? Russia?

Part of me says they have a right to live as they want and believe as they want.

Part of me says how long can we ignore and pacify these goddamned madmen? Do we wait until all non-Muslims are dead?

Some of my friends I feel I will not see until we stand before our Maker. And God help me if I can't restrain myself from spitting on those goddamned Palestinians when we all bow before the Throne.

Phoenix

David

I think Lott has said it best: "We're at war whether or not we declare it."

This offense has triggered the anger of a nation. The senate has released any limits on the budget of the military for now by a vote of 100-0. Bush's approval rating right now is skyrocketing as Americans, Democrat, Republican or whathaveyou, stand behind him in hopes that, like his old man, he will not stand by and make idle threats. 90+% of the US wants firm and swift revenge. Religious leaders in the community have gone on record as saying that revenge right now would be justice.

I watched a trained fire fighter cry as he told reporters that he watched his entire squad die in front of his eyes during the collapse. I saw a professional, experienced doctor struggle to maintain his sanity on live telivision as he told what he saw through tears. A couple took their lives together as they both jumped hand in hand from the upper levels because they didn't want to die painful deaths. One person said that the hospitals looked like it would on any other busy day...except that it was eerie...because no one was sick...because most of the people in it were dead. I see husbands crying over lost wives; wives over lost husbands; children over lost parents; parents over lost children. Friends, family, community alike all sharing one broken heart as each family in the country feels the pain of lost loved ones.

There will be bodies that won't be recovered. There will be empty coffins that are buried in remembrance of a person they can't find. Children will watch their parents be buried because of an unprovoked, insane attack and they'll grow up with a hatred deep in their hearts. People who survived the collapse will die in rubble as it has been said that it could take weeks before it's all cleared. Innocent people with families and friends and things to live for have died painful deaths at the hands of unseen killers. People took their own lives to lessen the pain of the attack. People are going to kill themselves because it shattered their world or took the only person they were living for. People are going to be crying for decades after yesterday. Reports of people of arabic decent getting beaten in the streets are coming in as angry, bloodthirsty americans seek their own kind of twisted justice.

Bush will retaliate with full force. The US public will not allow him to not do so. And if he doesn't, Congress will do so despite him. And once whoever has done this dies the death he so rightly deserves, I hope the devil has a special place for him when he gets to hell.

Midnight Sage

My emotions are skipping from deep sadness, to pure hatred and anger. Sure, war isn't a good thing. But if that is what has to be done to stop those damn fools from killing us all, then so be it. To see all those idiots dancing in the streets and grinning like a bunch of mad men and women, and to see their children, laughing at our pain and suffering...this is how they are being raised, to hate Americans. And if we don't take action now, then sooner or later we will all be nuked. Look at how hi-tech weapons are today. It scares me, thinking somewhat of Armageddon.

And, lets face it. We can't calmly talk to these people. They are violent. With suicide, they believe they are dying for a good cause as long as they take as many Americans out with them as possible. We cannot let them get away with just a slap on the wrist. I don't know what emotions you felt surge through you when you saw those poor people jumping from the top of the Twin Towers, but I broke down crying. Is this the beginning of a new era? I don't like war, but if it will take care of matters and finally stop those fools from murdering all of us, then I hope America nukes those suckers good. I suspect it is that bin Laden guy and the sooner we get rid of him and his followers, the better.
    God is with us. He will not let man destroy himself.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Originally posted by bossker
    "The whole middle east is a giant trout hole. They have so many terriorist groups and wars over there that it just doesn't matter any more. We need to go over there and kick some ass! Demand that the governments over there help us search for the terroists. We have had a bunch of terriorists attacks in the last years and they keep getting worse. We know that a majority of them come from the middle east but they are uncooperative. If we are not harsh and make it known we will not stand for this trout anymore these attacks will come more frequent and more harshly. If we go to war like we did in Desert Storm then I hope that Bush will give the order to kill the leader unlike his dad who let Sadam go. [[edited by Asorie]] They went WAY to far and any country could be next if they anger that area like the US some how did. Terroists need to be taken down with a big-ass bitch slap" ~That one guy...you know....*forgot his name* The antagonistic foo'

Anyways, in response to this, all I gotta say is "Hah!" Its pretty humorous how you automatically assume its the Middle East. What if this operation was AMERICAN based? Do we blow up Florida (where the cell phone call went)? How bout send a couple of nukes all over the USA to see if we can get them??? No? Don't like that idea? Well...why do we allow it in other places? And in regarding the Middle East, from the first hand accounts from my relatives, people in the Middle East are the single NICEST people in the world, they just don't like Americans. Which I think is understandable, I don't like America in general either. Anyways, theres quite a bit of "justification" for this attack. America has EASILY claimed 100,000+ lives in collateral damage in like Iraq alone. This attack was 1/10 of that magnitude. Although I don't agree with the violence, I can understand it.
    That was me yo. While I probably do make a few assumptions that the whole middle east. I always forget that the Upper part of Africa is part of the middle east.

As for your whole Nuke the USA thing. Dropping a nuke on yourself is just ignorant. Alot of people from the middle east are nice but that doesn't change my perception that it is generally a trout hole. It seems like they have been at war forever. They seem to have the most terrorists groups in the world also. Almost every country has had a civil war so thats not a big deal but they have also been at war with each other for well over 10 years now. I imagine 50 years since that is when the US gave the Jews their own country over there since no one wanted them in Europe after WW2 and they had no place to go. Ever since then there have been nothing but problems over there.

As for killing 100,000 people. Your probably right but with all the problems with desert storm and Bio weapons over there I can understand it. I would not agree with it if we dileberatly just attack cities and no military targets at all but we did it the other way around. Sadly innocent people probably did die. Thats war. But when you only go after civilians, that isn't war. That is mindless slaughter.

I am very saddened that you think mindless slaughter with being at war is justifyable. They may think it is okay over there because that is how they were raised and how they were taught. That is fine and all because that is their culture(as twisted as I may think it is).

As for a comment of yours about the crusades...those were wrong. Go and try to take back the holy land? That all swell and everything but do it in a peaceful manner. You are the church and Pope who serve God who said "Thou Shalt not kill" so the crusades were really wrong and backwards.

Off to make some maccaroni!

Rawr.

I don't think war will bring back those who died, it will only cuase more innocent lives Midknight Sage. Sure it was horrible, but those people who died that day would never and never want that to happen to more innocent people... This proves how sick humans really are.

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design
    I've been watching it all on TV for the past few days now. It's so tragic. God, it's the ultimate tragedy! Without reading the other posts, this is what I have to say:

I don't know which is worse, the realisation that someone would actually DO such a thing, or the realisation that so many innocent people have died unexpectedly. It can happen to anyone. We are all different people than we were before this all happened. I didn't actually realise how global or significant this actually was until I saw it on the news, and until I started talking to people in IRC I'm...just so sorry. I don't know how to express how sorry I am, all I can do is tell you how much I care about everyone's feelings here.

Don't generalise. Judging all the people from the Middle East by your perception that is based on that of the hijackers (going with the belief that they were from the Middle East)...isn't right. How would you feel if 2 psychos from your country bombed another, which caused the rest of the world to sterotype and hate your culture? Thought so. It's not fair is it?

Part of me thinks that the rest of the world sees America as the "invincible" country, a supreme country that can stand up to anything, which added to the terrorists determination to bring it down :\ That makes me so mad. It's frustrating that the people responsible killed so many others, and treated the whole concept of life like crap by killing themselves! If there's a war, God help us.

OK, I think I'll stop now.

sparkfist

My father was in New York the day it happened, luckily he was late for work there. Thank God.

Hi, I'm from outside of the US, but as you all would no doubt know, this has become somewhat of a world issue. I would like to express my deep sorrow for the unthinkable acts of cruelty committed against the people of America, especially those who have suffered losses of family, friends and other close relations as a result. I know this does sound "plastic" and "trite", as someone put it earlier, but the truth is many people around the world are sharing your misfortunes with you and also feel for your loss.

I would just like to say that it is important not to identify friends as enemies. I'd hazard a guess that people of certain races currently residing in the US may be feeling very vulnerable and threatened in light of the actions supposedly executed by their kin. The situation highlights a real threat that innocent members of certain ethnic groups will be singled out and blamed upon for the disastrous consequences of the terrorist act.

EDIT: I believe Rinoabella has previously raised this point. Therefore, I'll just reiterate.
    Last edited by Guru Clef; 09-13-2001 at 02:23 PM.

Bongo Monkey

Before anyone flames me, I must point out that I am not in favour of going to war, I just feel it's inevitable if a country harbours those responsible. If this happens, the goal of that war is not annihilation. It's to bring the terrorists to justice. As soon as the country in question hands over the responsible parties, the troops will be called off.

Support Justice, not Slaughter. That's an excellent slogan, and I'm about to go and put that sig in for myself, but: Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that Bin Laden is found to be responsible, and Afghanistan continues to shelter him. America decides "We can't go to war, civilians could be killed". So Bin Laden gets away with it. Where's the justice?
    Posted by bossker
    Now imagine if the United States had to hold England responsible for what happened to us yesterday?
    If anyone from Britain was involved, the british government would hand them over without question. So why would the US feel the need to fight us?

I don't understand how some people think that war isn't the answer. I feel that military force is the only way to retaliate. These were acts of war commited against the US and by being American it pisses me off that idiots would try somthing like this. I have to much pride in our country to just let them get off without getting even. And i feel that eveyother American should feel the same way. We all should be patriots. I liked the quote I heard on TV that said "May god have mercy on their souls........because we won't"

God Bless America

Garnet of Alexandria

Default EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..........

They're letting planes fly around Outer London again now (which is where my town is) so I'm really really scred and every time I hear a plane fly over I get really nervous..........

I'm so scared.. I don't want anything more to happen, but as far as I can see.. things are only going to get worse.......

God I'm so scared......

Rawr.

Originally posted by Kevin_05
    I don't understand how some people think that war isn't the answer. I feel that military force is the only way to retaliate. These were acts of war commited against the US and by being American it pisses me off that idiots would try somthing like this. I have to much pride in our country to just let them get off without getting even. And i feel that eveyother American should feel the same way. We all should be patriots. I liked the quote I heard on TV that said "May god have mercy on their souls........because we won't"

God Bless America
    So your saying becuase of that "pride" more people have to die?

I haven't been keeping up on this thread so forgive me if this is already mentioned.

I was listening to a speech that President Bush was making this morning and he basically implied that there will be a war and it won't just be the terrorist paying for it. He said that any country harboring or funding these terrorists will be punished. He's already getting other nations behind the US.

Sadly, this very well may become a war. Innocent people will die again.