Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: America Under Attack thread, part deux.

Originally posted by Morticia
    And God help me if I can't restrain myself from spitting on those goddamned Palestinians when we all bow before the Throne.
    That is a huge generalization, because a whole lot of Palestinians are not like that.. That's like hating all christians because of the gruesome acts done in the name of christianity. The US is on Iraq's side in that conflict, and Palestinians are killed by American weapons all the time. I honestly can't see how you, that seemed so intelligent, would make such a generalization.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Frihet

That is a huge generalization, because a whole lot of Palestinians are not like that.. That's like hating all christians because of the gruesome acts done in the name of christianity. The US is on Iraq's side in that conflict, and Palestinians are killed by American weapons all the time. I honestly can't see how you, that seemed so intelligent, would make such a generalization.
    The image of Palestinians dancing in the street was... shocking to say the least. I mean, I am not as hurt as her by these events, but I understand that she feels anger/ hate against the ones dancing.
    She made a distinction before between Palestinians who care (Palestinians), and Palestinians who danced (the goddamned ones). I see that you might have misread what she meant to say, because of the way her distinction is formulated.

Edit: There.
    Last edited by Endless; 09-13-2001 at 05:18 PM.

And then there is Death

The thing that is bothering me most isn't so much the Palestinians reaction anymore, nor any of the other terrorist crap. It's the way the American people have reacted to it. It is so horrible. Such racism has taken place.

I live in the Bay Area and on the radio they were discussing this poor Pakistani man who was visiting the US. He was lost and kept asking directions. Several people gave wrong directions to him. Then finally a bunch of young men grouped around him and started telling him off for the terrorist acts. They treated this poor man so horribly just because he had an accent. It's disgusting and I hate that this sort of thing happens.

Not all Americans are like this, including myself. But I am in shock and disgust that other Americans can treat their fellow man in such a horrid manner. So much hate, so much anger.

Default This may sound horrible BUT...

I'm not from the US. I've heard everything that's happened. I am as shocked as everybody.

What is weird, is that even here, in a far away land many schools and other places had a silent minute to pay our respects to the victims of 9/11/2001. It was a good thing to do, but what I'm wondering (and what really irritates me), is WHY aren't we having silent moments every day for the people that are starving to death or dying of diseases, for example in the so-called third world countries. Instead, the whole world is shocked by something that really couldn't have been prevented, partly because it happened in a country that pushes its culture everywhere and is only therefore appreciated. If we really tried, we could help the people that are still alive and suffering.

Bronze

Shadowdust I agree with you, we don't even know who has done this, but their are some who already started to blame visting Palestinians and American-Palestinians alike just because of unfounded rumors. It's sad... The events of pearl hearbor persecutions are going to repeat themselves I fear...

Dracoa

I live about an hour's drive south of DC, right next to a military base. When I heard about what happened, I couldn't believe it, it had to have been a joke of some sort, but quickly the reality of it hit me and shock set in, after that it was sorrow, then the rage hit me. Those of you who know me, know me to be a peaceful man, someone who could be called a pacifist, but after seeing what happpened, if it takes a war to make them pay, lets do it. As far as the Palestinians go, if you noticed their leader did not join in the celebrating, and he in fact was opposed to it.

News reports this morning had people from Richmond talking, American-Arabs. They spoke of the racism that they were facing, the vandlism and the threats on their lives.

"Liberty or death, what we so proudly hail
    once you provoke her, rattling of her tail
    never begins it, never, but once engaged...
    never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage

don't tread on me" - Metallica, "Don't tread on me"

We are a country united. These terrorist, these monsters will pay for their crimes, and I hope they pay in blood. We are a nation set out to end the threat of terrorist, may God have mercy on them, I know I wouldn't.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not just the Palestinians and American-Palestinians, but Arab-Americans, Muslims, and anyone from the Middle East as a whole. But the President just announced that it is wrong to just blame every Arab-Americans, and Muslims who live in America as terrorists as a whole. It is wrong to point fingers and blame anyone. What he is doing is trying to find who is behind the attacks and let justice take place. I just find it terrible that many Mosques, houses where Arab-Americans live be spray painted and vandalized with threats from anyone who was affected by what happened Tuesday. It has happened, and each Arab-American, Muslims living in America are trying their best to live. They also feel sorry about what happened, offered condolences, gave blood, and supported America as everyone else in America. They shouldn't be labeled as supporters of terrorism, because that is not true.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

BlackCapedManX

Terrorist attack and deaths. Mourning and praying. Retaliation and justice. Repeat process. It's been like for the last ten years. I'm going to take this opportunity to apologize about my radical views on supporting the terrorists in their ideas, and almost in their ways. But they obviously have a reason why and I've said, it's just going to get worse unless U.S. soes something different. I say the U.S. should not be as involved in the foreign affairs as they are now. I had a heated arguement with my father last night about this whole thing. The terrorists were wrong in their action but it may be because of something that we can't just be told, something we can't just know, but something that has to be forced upon us.

And for the event itself. I'm scared for the people still trapped, and I pray for those whose loved ones have already been lost. They are doing a money collection at our school and I'm going to give some to it tomarrow. If I could, I'd give blood. I don't need to stress the importance of donating or ofgiving blood. Personally I am disgusted at the people taking action agaist people because they're palestinian or muslim. That is racism, hating because of something the person can't help, it's worse than anything else I can think of. I was watching the news, people are waving flags from cars in front and claiming "patriotism." They are destroying muslims shops and swearing at children because of a beleif. It sickens me.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, well, something positive.

At our school, there is currently no student government plan to collect money to send to the Sept. 11th fund. In fact, the principal discouraged a collection of donations to send to this, for reasons I don't really understand. So a few of the students have decided to take initiative on their own.

As of right now, we are going to organize a school-wide collection that will be ongoing as long as we can still get donations. We're still in the planning stages, but suggestions such as going around with envelopes and coffee cans for change, holding bake sales and the like, and having teachers post addresses for check and online donations on bulletin boards and chalkboards. The more we gather, the better, and we're going to split it between D.C. and NYC. I suggest any of you who have the time to get involved with something like this. Donating blood is also a good idea, as is volunteering to give rides to donation centers for those who don't have cars. Posters placed on public and school bulletin boards with blood and monetary donation information would also be desirable.

In addition, my friends and I have started and spread a sort of ribbon project in memory of the victims of this tragedy. We're currently using yellow ribbons (yes, I know this is technically "taken", but it's more short term than the other yellow ribbon project, and both are noble causes, so we don't really foresee a problem) for this. We made about 25-30 today, and they were gone in a matter of minutes, with students requesting more.

So, yeah, if you have any ideas, contributions, ideas, or anything of that sort, or if you have started something at your school, post it. It would be great if we could get something national or even international going among the youth of the world. We do care, and we can do something. So let's strive to.
    Popping up like a psychotic jack-in-the-box to get the Oldbies off their rocking chairs on the EoFF Assisted Living Home's porch >=D

About the ribbons, I think the ribbon for mass death is black. That's the color we used today.

Meteor of War

you people who say "we should drag them to the street and shoot them" arebeing compleately irrational, sure its a tragedy, sure, its shocking but you can't justify death with more death, it will only lead to more bloodshed, if this esclates it may go on like the mideast voilence
    and don't give me the "they started it" BS

Firstly, yes, Ben-Ladin is under house arrest.
    Second, it may sound weird, but Microsoft flight simulator could have been a possible planning tool. It is possible to crash into the world trade center, and it IS a very realistic simulation.
    Thirdly, On Virgin radio, tyey played a tribute, John Lenon's 'Imagine' with backup of various famous speeches, such as the decleration of war on Germany, or Martin Luther King's 'I have a dream' speech. It was beautiful. I'm looking for a possible link to it, I'll post it if I can find one.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

BlackCapedManX

Oh and asorie, we are using black ribbons as well (forgot about that.) And I agree with Meteor of War.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I went in to school, this morning, for the student council meeting I had to attend. The first official order of business was the unanimous approval of collection boxes across the school to donate to the American Red Cross. I thought that was cool.

Default Vengeance is sweet

"I say, bomb the hell out of them," Senator Zell Miller, Democrat of Georgia, said on Wednesday. "If there's collateral damage, so be it. They certainly found our civilians to be expendable." NY Times
    Looks like most Americans will get what they want. The whole of congress, the cabinet and just about anyone with a gov. position has essentially given Bush a blank check to do as he pleases in satisfying the bloodlust invoked by the barbarism of the attacks. I'm sure everyone knows, but "Collateral Damage" is civilian casualties. Essentially, SOMEONE's getting bombed. It's just a matter of finding out the best places.
    I couldn't find a specific article claiming bin ladin's arrest, but the top Times headline is Colin Powell firmly asserting Bin Ladin and co as the guilty party. Afghanistan is pleeding for mercy, claiming that "no factory, nothing in their suffering country is worth the price of a single missle."
    I think good or not, that Afghanistan is going to be the target of our revenge. I'm not giving any moral judgements on revenge, I'm just saying what'll happen. I feel sorry for the normal citizens who for lack of television radio and electricity are largely unaware anything at all even happenned. Hopefully "collateral damage" is minimized.
    By being American, when we do show them redemtion, and the full might of American/ Nato justice comes raining down upon them, we can watch it unfold live on CNN. Is that good or bad, I dunno. I appreciated it during Desert Storm. I'm definately tuning in for this. I saw their attack as it happened, I'm going to watch the retribution. It's nice to see the entire government united in cause. Shows we can really do a lot when we put our hearts into it.
    Knock yourselves down.