Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: America Under Attack thread, part deux.

Custom Title. Funkmonkey Deluxe's Avatar

In concern to that "quote" that keeps coming up, I just read in the newspaper today that Nostradamus never said that. It was a hoax that someone created. Also, everytime I heard the "quote" there was more added onto it. Such as a date it would happen, the statues, and the steel birds thing.
    No need for anything. At least not here.

Fou_Lu

This is about this subject, but my thread too. I was wrong about blowing up those countrys, I thought about it and why sink as low as they did. My new idea is to take ground troops into the three countrys: Iraq, Iran, Afghaninstan. Then we take out their millilary by foot, then we help rebuild the three countrys without those scumbucket leaders.

And don't freak out about this idea too.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

That would be super. It would be.
    Except it seems like the people have extreme religious obligations to their leaders. It's not those countries that are the culprit yet, really. Osama Bin Ladin, right?

dunno

ok let me try to explian the situation in the middle east. We get like 60 percent of our oil if not more from there and oil is our base so we sent troops in operation desert strom to stop Sudam from taking that oil so we have troops there to protect that oil and we have Isreal as an ally there that we trying to protect and then minor conflict have been going in theier bewteen a difference in the religon where about 10% belive muhamed's ancesters should rule the islams and 90% believe that others should rule so the none desecdents of muhamed who rule attack those who think muhammed should rule some of whick live in country's where we get our oil.

Now Osamen beladin and other terriest are and leaders are trying to unite islam under them and want america gone so they can invaded those countries. That is why we have these terroist attacks.

Solutions for this

find alternative energy source. Europe has been under nuclear energy for 12 years with no incedents while we only have 20% energy.

or we could continue to guard the middle east and have futher people hate us.

these are the reasons for our very presence in the middle east.

also if those countries are helping terriest then i say we go after them for harboring terriest that attacks the US is like going after the US its self and so countries know they can't go agianst us convetionually so they have terriest groups which are deniable go in and mess us up little by little.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Fou_Lu
    My new idea is to take ground troops into the three countrys: Iraq, Iran, Afghaninstan. Then we take out their millilary by foot, then we help rebuild the three countrys without those scumbucket leaders.
    While it's slightly better than "let's kill the bastards!" that idea is still fairly.. overzealous, I think. For one, we have no idea if Iraq or Iran are even involved. Secondly, that would cost a good deal of American lives. Third, as Reno said, the Middle Eastern countries hold their leaders as Gods. Why else would Iraqi citizens live so long with Saddam Hussien?

FFXIV Character

Kalen Isis (Sargatanas)

This is SO awful... I've been in Texas this week on "vacation". I watched what happened from my hotel room. So many people died... I feel like crying, but for some reasen I can't. I fear the kind of racism this awful attack will create, and I fear a war. I don't want any more people to die. >_<
    Boo!

Is going to war gonna help restore America though? I just don't understand how the war is going to make people less angry and less sad. This is going to affect everyone for most of their lives and it's just not fair.....nothing is fair.
    I keep running....I am running....
    I keep living for the day that I'm with you

I still say America's number 1 focus should be reconstruction.

Now is also not the time to be accusing other countries of not helping the US during past disasters, though I fully agree with the Canadian gentleman's article.

Militarily usurping the governments? Hmm... sounds remotely plausible. It would cost a lot of American lives. Remember (some of) these countries have nuclear missiles. Also, I saw on the TV that Pakistan will declare jihad if we attack Afghanistan, I believe.

Racism has spread throughout America, and as far as I can see that is what will prevent America from fully rising again. If you people can just find it within yourselves to forgive and forget, and just hold your head up high, then and only then will America be reunited completely. Patriotism is good, but alienating the Middle Eastern portion of society? That's like Pearl Harbor and the Japanese, Germany and the Jews... we don't want that to happen again.

I still can't stress unity enough. Perhaps I am too impatient, but still, try to forgive.

FFXIV Character

Denston Fairclough (Midgardsormr)

Originally posted by princeofdarknez
    try to forgive.
    Do you know how hard that is for the average American citizen to do? I myself will never forgive for what happened. If we sit here and try to forgive, we're just going to get killed by terrorists for being friggin softees.

I am an American. My cousin is dead. I can forgive, it's the only way to move on and be strong. I expect no less.

This is really astounding...

I have watched the National Prayer Service on T.V., and it's really given me hope. The message each religious leader gave was shocking:They all sounded so similar. I used to really not know what to think, and before all this I leaned towards athiesm, but I've really been thrown for a loop.
    I feel like I have a newfound faith in life, and religion. I always promised if I ever had proof of God, I would believe. The past events, in some way, have made me believe in the Lord. I just pray now for a peaceful solution, and hope there is not much bloodshed.
    "It's a plastic bag, you stupid bastard!"

Ph3ear my FF1 Mod BlkWiz! Marak's Avatar

Forgiveness is a great thing. I am glad that some of us are able to forgive, however I doubt I will ever be able to do so.

One point I feel I must make: These terrorists and extremists are NOT looking for our forgiveness. They are looking for our total destruction.

Thus, I believe the only solution is to go in and forcibly remove the threat. Remember, they started it, and YES that IS a valid argument. If we must move in and use military force to eradicate these "people" and remove their governments, then so be it.

Maybe when all is said and done, and terrorism has been wiped from the face of the earth, then the world will be a better place for what transpired on Tuesday.

Until then, I refuse to play the pacifist. This thing (read: terrorism) must be stopped.
    No profanity in sigs please.
    Sigh. What profanity? I quoted Sephex's post from Eyes on Each Other from about a year ago, and any "profanity" in his post was either **** or ***** anyway. Whatever. And you wonder why forum traffic is way down.

Mr. Sparkle

I agree with Marak. We need to hit those terrorists and we need to hit them HARD.

On another note, Afghanistan has already warned us of retaliation if we go after Bin Laden(which isn't much of a threat against a coalition of 40 of the strongest militaries on Earth). I think we definitely need to overthrow the evil Taliban gov't there while we're going after Bin Laden. If you have ever seen what they do to their women, you'd know why.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

They did what?

0_0

*sign of the cross*

http://<a href="http://msnbc.com/new...628909.asp</a>

Video games killed 40 000 people! .. :P Now everyone's paranoid.

I know that they're definately going to up the security at airports and such. I saw that report on all the obscene dangerous objects people could carry with them on planes.
    Last edited by Sita Atis; 09-15-2001 at 08:58 AM.

"Ouch"