Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: America Under Attack thread, part deux.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Media like that is expected. Bah. Link doesn't work.

The Beatles/1967-1970 Cyan Highwind's Avatar

*yawn*

``America has been called a melting pot, but it seems better to call it a mosaic, for in it each nation, people or race which has come to its shores has been privileged to keep its individuality, contributing at the same time its share to the unified pattern of a new nation.'' - King Baudouin I of Belgium (1930-1993).

the remainder of this .sig was slaiking the tables, and I didn't know what you were trying to do, so I couldn't fix it, and had to remove it. -Bleys

I heard about the Taliban's plan to "retaliate by other means" as well. I assume they aren't talking regular war. The part about the Taliban being evil and that we should get rid of it anyways, I agree with that too. You can't treat people like that and get away with it. Besides, they house Bin Ladin. Whatever we do to them is their fault. They put their own heads on the chopping block this time. All they had to do is hand over Bin Ladin for a fair trial, certainly fairer than any trial one would get there. On a related note, you know about those foreign workers accused of preaching Christianity that are on trial there? The two Americans, Australians, Germans, etc. Shouldn't we get them back before any attack, so that they don't get executed? Don't get me wrong, I'm firmly in the war camp here, we need to avenge ourselves, but the Taliban isn't well known for their human rights. Is it possible to have our cake and eat it too? Destroy the evil gov and get justice/revenge, and save the hostages too. Way too complicated. I'd never be president.
    Knock yourselves down.

Midnight Sage

I agree with anyone who thinks we should just take them all out and shoot the bloody fools. I'm really not a violent person. The biggest thing I'll ever be able to destroy is a mosquito. But now I feel like heading over there and dropping a big nuke. I, for one, will never be able to forgive. Sure, war won't bring the lost ones back, but it will stop the murders upon the American people. And sadly there is no way to stop this terrorism without a war. The sooner we take action, the better.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Wouldn't you at least wait for the Innocent Civilians to get out? Oh wait, that's right, They don't have enough resources.
    A nuclear war would kill us allat this point.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

I feel that starting a war is wrong, plain and simple. But it seems to be the only thing the people in this world is to retaliate with a shooting or bombing of some sort. George Dubbya Bush doesn't even know where to attack first. And they are WILLING to kill HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of INNOCENT people to get to Osama bin Laden. They are planning to be even worse. That's all they know how to do now-a-days...nuke 'em.
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My opinions on this:

The people in charge of doing what they have to do are the right people to be in charge. I'm talking about W., Powell, etc. They are trained to make the right decisions in these types of situations.

I was once under the impression that there is no good or evil, only differences of opinion. But this has to be evil. This is a lot different from Pearl Harbor. That was a military target and was attacked for strategy. This, this is somethig far more grave. The media is right in calling this an "Attack on America". Nothing else in our country's history even comes close to this.

People who say they don't like this coutry or they don't like Americans need to move. Also people who don't support W. in this time of need also need to move. Hell, I didn't vote for the guy either but this is the system we live in and he is our elected official. That goes for every other government official. They do represent us. People who don't give their support to them now need to rethink what they are doing here.

Of course people who don't live here can bad mouth us all they want. They're none of my concern.

In concerns to war and counterstrike, W. did the right thing when he said he planned to hold the countries who harbor the terrorists responsible. Now they'll be more likely to flush them out. No country wants to make an enemy out of the U.S.. People swear that if we find out that "the terrorists are hidden in Afghanistan" then we're going to start bombing the hell out of Afghanistan (pardon any spelling errors). W. and Congress will handle the situation the right way because it's their job.

That's all I got for now. Just remember the people in charge are a lot older than most of us they definetely know what's best more than we do.

One more thing, this 24 hour news coverage is a little much. 2 days fine, but come on, if we keep the entertainment industry (one this country's biggest industries) shut down we're showing the terrorists that this incident is weakening us.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

At least nukes are completely out of the question.

I now have come to pull out of my idealistic lull. I can't really expect you guys to do 'the right thing' (note the ' ') and understand you want to obliterate everything.

But at least not the innocents? Just because they killed our innocents doesn't mean we have to return the favor. Think of it this way: If we defeat these terrorists in a 'fair' (once again, note the ' ') war, then it will make them look that much more shameful for trying to use underhanded techniques to debilitate us.

Long live America.

| * * * * * * |_________________|
    | * * * * * * * |#################|
    | * * * * * * |_________________|
    | * * * * * * * |#################|
    |_______________|_________________|
    |#################################|
    |_________________________________|
    |_________________________________|

w00t! ASCII r0x0rs!

David

We don't want the innocent to die in military strikes, but it's almost inevitable. I don't like the thought of innocent men, women, and children dying as a result of madmen's insane, evil deeds, but if that is how it is going to be, that is how it is going to be. And...I fear for my family and friends if we don't make it a full scale war. I know it sounds racist, but the odds are good that many of these innocent civilians in the middle east that we might accidentally kill could very well become the suicide bombers and terrorists of next year. With such strong anti-american sentiments in middle eastern countries, killing one man will not make any difference.
    The terrorists...they just don't care about eachother's lives and safety. They willingly give their lives and others' to harm us and...I can't see a group like that even being discouraged unless they feel fear for the lives of their entire nations and I have my doubts that even that will completely deter them. We will be fighting once again. We'll be fighting for our right to live without fear of impending doom. These people...not just bin Laden and the terrorists, but every man, woman and child in the middle east who cheers for the deaths of American citizens is a threat to our safety. I know it sounds like racism and generalizing, but it is also reality. If we don't make the statement that we'd sooner kill them than be killed, it'll happen repeatedly and one day they might gain enough power to come after us with something we won't be able to fight off. I don't think this country should take such a chance.

*sighs*

Originally posted by Reno Leonheart
    Media like that is expected. Bah. Link doesn't work.
    http://msnbc.com/news/628909.asp

forgot the http..

"Ouch"

my condolences to the people who died or got injured very badley in that attack!!!!

"we will hunt down and punish those who caused this chaos!!"
    (pretty much the same thing he says!!!)

g w bush's sklls and judgement will be tested in this incedent......my prayers go to the mourning family

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Dagger212

I’ve been trying to post on this topic for days, but I kept getting disconnected. I don’t know why, I really want to share my feelings, my thoughts. The attack was awful, the pictures in the paper were horrific, the videos on the news heartbreaking. Even though I’m in the UK, the attack has left me devastated. In the newspaper there are pictures of the deceased, some at their weddings, graduations, or just sat holding a family member close. One, of a little girl who was about four was particularly sad. She was killed in one of the planes, at only four years of age. The innocence shone on her face, who could anyone kill someone like that. Everyone who was involved, be it you mother, father, sister, brother, aunt, uncle you have my deepest sympathy. As for the victims, I pray for you, pray that the bastards who killed you will be brought to justice.
    All those people, had their lives ahead of them, dreams for the future. Now, they will never be lived. No one deserves a death like that, except the bastards who did it. They deserve everything that they get.
    I’m crying now, one of my e-pals lived in New York, and I haven't heard from them in ages. Normally, we email each other every day, but they haven't been online. I hope they are ok, but deep down I am expecting the worst.

dunno

this is one of the saddest things I have thought of yet but we will all probably know some there and probably some one died from EOFF.

What a traggidy(sp?). That was not only an attack on the U.S. it was also an attack on the rest of the world. I was and still am extremely outraged about the situation. I personally think we should bomb the <bleep>. The states should go in to afganastan, egypt and irak and carpet bomb the shameless mother <bleep> for oh I don't know how does 20 days straight all day all night sound. Wipe them all out. If you willingly harbor terrorists in your country and give them asylem then you are just as guilty as the terrorists themselves which makes those people <bleep> outa <bleep> luck in my book!
    Oh yeah and the muslums have the awdasity(sp?) to dance in there streets and cheer and all that <bleep>. <Bleep>! killem all!!!!!!:grr:
    P.S - sorry for the swearing but I couldn't help myself!

Edit by Unne: I dislike having to censor people.
    ~Patience is for those who lack conviction~

-=Cooker88=-

Articles
    Blog Entries

Kill them because they're happy?

I didn't like it any more than you did...
    But...

What will your reaction be when Osama Bin Ladin is executed?
    These people don't realize that civilians have been killed, it's, sad, really.

But I understand the sentiment. Even the most self-proclaimed pacifist will raise arms when their family is attacked.