Page 1 of 16 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: America Under Attack thread, part deux.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

America Under Attack thread, Part Two

Go ahead and continue exactly what you were using the old thread for, here.
    Popping up like a psychotic jack-in-the-box to get the Oldbies off their rocking chairs on the EoFF Assisted Living Home's porch >=D

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

*pokes his head in*

I'd also like to add that we'd appreciate everyone keep a level head and avoid openly antagonizing others. Thanks.

Good luck. And Godspeed. bossker's Avatar

"The whole middle east is a giant trout hole. They have so many terriorist groups and wars over there that it just doesn't matter any more. We need to go over there and kick some ass! Demand that the governments over there help us search for the terroists. We have had a bunch of terriorists attacks in the last years and they keep getting worse. We know that a majority of them come from the middle east but they are uncooperative. If we are not harsh and make it known we will not stand for this trout anymore these attacks will come more frequent and more harshly. If we go to war like we did in Desert Storm then I hope that Bush will give the order to kill the leader unlike his dad who let Sadam go. [[edited by Asorie]] They went WAY to far and any country could be next if they anger that area like the US some how did. Terroists need to be taken down with a big-ass bitch slap" ~That one guy...you know....*forgot his name* The antagonistic foo'

Anyways, in response to this, all I gotta say is "Hah!" Its pretty humorous how you automatically assume its the Middle East. What if this operation was AMERICAN based? Do we blow up Florida (where the cell phone call went)? How bout send a couple of nukes all over the USA to see if we can get them??? No? Don't like that idea? Well...why do we allow it in other places? And in regarding the Middle East, from the first hand accounts from my relatives, people in the Middle East are the single NICEST people in the world, they just don't like Americans. Which I think is understandable, I don't like America in general either. Anyways, theres quite a bit of "justification" for this attack. America has EASILY claimed 100,000+ lives in collateral damage in like Iraq alone. This attack was 1/10 of that magnitude. Although I don't agree with the violence, I can understand it.
    Don't ya just love EoFF?
    ------------------------------------------------

"How can you not know the greatest member known as Bossker?!" ~Rirse
    "How can you not like bossker!? Bossker's a hottie! "~Ayame
    "Bossker's my dad."~Mikitzsu

Now YOU'RE making a generalization. Nicest people in the world? Ever hear of bin Laden?
    "It's a plastic bag, you stupid bastard!"

Origionally posted by Wolfboy
    I just want to go on record right now by saying...
    This is NOT the end of the world. This has NOT been prophecised by Nostradamus/the bible/Kreskin/anything else. And there is NOT going to be a war, for goodness sake! I mean, be realistic here for a minute. There's a difference between a military strike and a terrorist attack, mostly that wars are started because of military, not terrorism. If they do respond with voilence, it will not streach out into a war.
    OK, here's the deal: We (at least I) have not been saying that Nostradamus/theBible/etc prophecied this attack, but instead that there are some striking parallels between the incident and the text. As far as the war goes, president Bush has already stated that '...we will make no distinction between those responsible and those who harbor them.' Also, recently president Bush has recieved NATO support in that if the attack was found to be sponsored by any nation, all NATO members would be 'entitled to respond under international law.' Read: If we find out a country funded this, NATO is going to war with them. If we find out that a country is knowingly hiding the terrorists responsible, we decalre war on that country.

Ok, I really don't feel like reading through the last 10 pages of stuff that was written yesterday, because classes were cancelled yesterday and I did nothing except watch the horrors on TV. But I do have some stuff to say.

Ok, first of all, i would like to point out some stuff from the bible, i think Unners already said this but i'm too lazy to find it. In Revaltions 18, it describes the city of Babylon falling, how the great towers fell and depending on the translation, it may or may not mention dust being seen for miles. It mentions merchants weeping because no one will buy their goods. Also, the flight numbers of 3 of the planes that crashed add up to 11, 12 and 13. Yesterday was 9/11. Revelations 9:11 says that the first of the three woes has passed and to be prepared for the next two.

Ok, now! About these hijackers. I'm sure many of you have heard that they found out that some of the hijackers were from Boston, and others were from Florida. Well, what they do not tell you is where in Florida. Two of the suspected hijackers were from my home town, Vero Beach. They lived right down the road from me, one of my friends lived next door to one of them. They learned to fly at our local(tiny) airport under one of the flight programs they offer. Right now my home town is swamped with FBI, I heard they were going to start going door to door and questioning people. National news crews are in my small town saying "This is where two hijackers came from." I find it rather frightening that people such as these came from my very town.

Meh, I would say more, but i am sure that it would just be a repetition of what others have already said. I'm not going to get into an argument about the people who did this because thats all i've done in all of my classes all day. All I can say to you people is to send supplies, give blood at your local blood bank, I know I am, even though i'm only 108 lbs and I will probably pass out. Peace of God be with you all.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Red Wizard
    If we find out that a country is knowingly hiding the terrorists responsible, we decalre war on that country.
    What would the purpose of the war be, though? That's what I've been wondering. All through history, wars have been to either drive an offensive force into surrender, or to drive forces out of a place/take control of the place. To what means would we fight? Would our goal be annihilation? Surrender would be meaningless, and they possess no territory we must defend.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Never mind.

Britt, the purpose of the war would be to show the world that we (the US) will no longer tolerate terrorism. Any country who knowingly house these terrorists are potentially a threat to us and our way of life. Unless the world bands together against this threat, it will always be there, lurking in the shadows, ready to strike with the best they have without any regard for themselves or others.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Red Wizard
    Britt, the purpose of the war would be to show the world that we (the US) will no longer tolerate terrorism.
    So, annihilation, basically. That's pretty depressing... To think that innocent people will die because of their government. A US weapons guy on CNN already said that civilian lives, though precious, will be compromised because their governments dragged them into their situation. That's downright scary, and practically terrorism in its own right.

Good luck. And Godspeed. bossker's Avatar

Now that I think about it, Osama Bin Ladin could have done SOOOOOO much more damage to the United States. He needs better thinkers working for him. Imagine if he had used Englishmen to take control of the operation. He has plenty of money, he could have hired people from England easily. Now imagine if the United States had to hold England responsible for what happened to us yesterday? Eh? I don't think Bush would back down after saying all that crap about retribution. He'd make Britain make a formal apology and probably break the Euro-American alliance. Imagine if the fool went farther and tried to fire cruise missles in remote areas of England? England wouldn't tolerate that, they'd probably fight back....and then there would be a war between the Gulf's 2 biggest enemies. What could be greater for them?? As well thought out as his scheme was, he could have done better, IF it was him...

And who's to say Bin Ladin's "evil." ? What if he believes that he's doing God himself a favor to get rid of Americans? Ever heard of the Crusades? Do you consider the Christian Paladins to be murders? Bin Ladins no different than they were except he's on the Islamic side.
    Don't ya just love EoFF?
    ------------------------------------------------

"How can you not know the greatest member known as Bossker?!" ~Rirse
    "How can you not like bossker!? Bossker's a hottie! "~Ayame
    "Bossker's my dad."~Mikitzsu

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by bossker
    Do you consider the Christian Paladins to be murderers?
    Yes, I do. But that's a whole different discussion.

If that's the only goal, then when if ever would we stop warring? Usually wars end when the winning side is satisfied with their newly acquired/defended land.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Edit: I'm sorry bossker. I had no right to post that.

all i can say ..

trout .....
    this sux

good luck
    ~tenshi