Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bands you listened to before everyone else

I don't pretend to have "discovered" any bands, since any band that I hear for the first time will probably already have a single out, or at least have a record deal. I got into the Arctic Monkeys before they hit mainstream success, but they were so hyped by the musical community that it's nothing to be proud of.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

What Cz said.

Death Cab For Cutie, easily. I started listening to them years ago, and no one knew that I did, of course, 'cause no one knew who they were. Once they appeared on the O.C. everyone was like, "Gosh Feona, you're such a follower." Sure, that's right. :rolleyes2

Evanescence.

There must be something, but since I was grossly unpopular my entire life, I would never know if I was listening to music that no one else was.

The Mars Volta

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Massive Attack

I recieved their album Blue Lines when I was six years old, and have been an avid fan of them since then. Once Protection and Mezzenine hit, it seemed like there was quite the flux of "followers".

It does alwyas strike me as odd when people feel as if they are more of a fan if they "discovered" a band before everyone else did. It just seems like a sad, strange excuse to gloat or boast...

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Most bands I listen to I found out about before 90% of the population.

Just to name a few:

Children of Bodom
    Kalmah
    Dragonforce
    Amon Amarth
    Job for a Cowboy
    3 Inches of Blood
    Lamb of God
    Mastodon
    The Black Dahlia Murder

practically EVERY band I've ever listened to...Good Charlotte I LOVED but now I hate them. I can just have no respect for a band whose lead singer is dating Hilary Duff. I liked it when they sang about getting beat up in school, not this crap they do now. But they were still my first concert ever, and that was like the best day of my life. I had so much fun. I just can't like them like I used to, and that's sad. Also, I loved Rancid before they were popular, and the Ataris