Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Explanation on the R=U theory?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Blue View Post
    Why is this thoeory still alive? It's full of holes, but the biggist one is this:

In a game, featureing a grand story of love, conquering evil, THIS WOULD NOT BE HOW IT ENDED. It's vomits all over the theme of the rest of the game.

You mean like "Romeo and Juliet"? I rather like to believe that some see the R=U theory as seeing this as a tragic romance with a happy resolution.

I can live with that... But like most 'parents' believe that this is a 'bad' influence amongst young players/readers to imitate art...

Is THIS why the R=U is so hated? I want to know...

R=U is hated for many reasons, depending on the person.

For many, it is simply ridiculously in violation of parsimony.

For others, it simply would destroy the story as written.

Then there are those who think it's stupid.

Oh, and R&J is NOT a 'grand story of love, conquering evil'. It's a story about two romantic yutzes, one of them a preteen, who destroy their lives by rushing headlong into a wanna-romance without any gorram clue of what they were doing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze View Post
    R=U is hated for many reasons, depending on the person.

For many, it is simply ridiculously in violation of parsimony.

For others, it simply would destroy the story as written.

Then there are those who think it's stupid.

Oh, and R&J is NOT a 'grand story of love, conquering evil'. It's a story about two romantic yutzes, one of them a preteen, who destroy their lives by rushing headlong into a wanna-romance without any gorram clue of what they were doing.
    Okay, retranslate that for the rest of us...

You missed the one where people are just plain sick of a theory that's been around for years and persists to come up every few months on every FF board, with little to no additions.

Banned

And apparently you missed that 'fact' that is will persist because it is perspective just like all the 'proven' 'factual' 'truths' of 'how' the ending occuerred. From all the people that have posted and shared, there is no ONE conclusive, evident, secular, ending to FFVIII. That is why I'm trying to understand the vehement loathing of the R=U "Theory" other than that there are those they don't won't others to see it as that and only just out of that hatred of that vision. I truly hope I am wrong as that I don't want to be wrong. I just want to UNDERSTAND.... And then come to some sort of amerliration...

I just think it'd be logical, that if Square intended on Ultimecia being Rinoa, they would make it more noticeable, so most people would understand it and see it. If it's something THAT big, like Ulti being Rinoa, they would have made it obvious, and would have throwns tons more stuff in the game to at least hint at it, if they didn't want to be direct. It's just not enough.

Thank you Hysterian!

Banned

Default See That's What I don't Understand...

The "Theory"; just like the STORY... It's full of HOLES!!!! I'll get more into detail of that later if you want me to... But let's face it... This was the most weakly constructed story since... well the first thing that comes to mind is... Street Fighter (The movie) or "House of the Dead" (the movie), or Dukes of Hazzard (the movie starring Johnny Knoxville and Jessica Simpson, and co.) to name a few; that was a possible good idea, but just wasn't followed through properly... Some of you may disagree, but... yeah... Read a book...

Quote Originally Posted by G SpOtZ View Post
    I just think it'd be logical, that if Square intended on Ultimecia being Rinoa, they would make it more noticeable, so most people would understand it and see it. If it's something THAT big, like Ulti being Rinoa, they would have made it obvious, and would have throwns tons more stuff in the game to at least hint at it, if they didn't want to be direct. It's just not enough.

How was it 'not noticable' and yes, I can see how it 'was noticable'?

I can see both sides of this endless debate because I was 'neutral'. I did not like the STORY of FFVIII. The R=U gave a... something, (don't judge me like that!) that wasn't there. I saw and viewed, and understood all the interpretations that others had of the game's 'story' simple before the R=U 'Theory" even came up... And y'know what... For me... It explained some... 'questions' I had during the game play... Hey, I just gotta tell ya.... It happened... and I THANK GOD for Final Fantasy Tactics (Not that crappy imitation FFTA) to restore my faith in Final Fantasy, to continue on (after finishing FFT) through FFVIII... But nonetheless, I finished it because it was a FF... Hopeing to be satisfied.... I'll explain myself later... I'm getting ahead of myself; seeing as I"m writing my 'essay' now... Later kiddles....
    Last edited by Pharoh Amon Khan III; 08-22-2006 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoh Amon Khan III
    And apparently you missed that 'fact' that is will persist because it is perspective just like all the 'proven' 'factual' 'truths' of 'how' the ending occuerred. From all the people that have posted and shared, there is no ONE conclusive, evident, secular, ending to FFVIII. That is why I'm trying to understand the vehement loathing of the R=U "Theory" other than that there are those they don't won't others to see it as that and only just out of that hatred of that vision. I truly hope I am wrong as that I don't want to be wrong. I just want to UNDERSTAND.... And then come to some sort of amerliration...
    The game ending has almost nothing to do with the R=U theory. In fact, apart from a brief scene involving Ultimecia's face (as well as Edea's and Seifer's) appearing over Rinoa's, it is almost never used to try and substantiate the theory. In fact, the R=U theory generally conforms to the accepted notion of what happens in the end. It the events that would theoretically take place after the ending that it refutes.

Also, you missed the point of my post. I said that most people are sick of the theory because it gets brought up so often, not because loath the 'vision' it portrays.

Banned

Default No hit ; and a miss...

Quote Originally Posted by Lilliputian Hitcher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharoh Amon Khan III
    The game ending has almost nothing to do with the R=U theory. In fact, apart from a brief scene involving Ultimecia's face (as well as Edea's and Seifer's) appearing over Rinoa's, it is almost never used to try and substantiate the theory. In fact, the R=U theory generally conforms to the accepted notion of what happens in the end. It the events that would theoretically take place after the ending that it refutes.

Also, you missed the point of my post. I said that most people are sick of the theory because it gets brought up so often, not because loath the 'vision' it portrays.

Hey batta, hey batta, hey batta, HEY!!!!

You missed my point. WHY... is the R=U perspective so vehemently ATTACKED? No other views are so vicously attacked as this one... Why? I'm looking for perspective... Give me some...

As I said, it's so people will finally shut up about it.

PAK, you continously ask the same question yet many people have already answered it repeatedly. How many different answers do you want before you're satisfied?

The theory is "hated" by some because they think it is an entirely invalid theory with no supporting evidence which regardlessly is defended by 14-year olds with bad grammar who say nothing but "it's all opinion lol" in threads that invariably end up as massive trollfests because every FF board has at least one exceedingly stubborn supporter who won't ever back down.

That's why. It's simply because most peoples experiences with the theory and it's supporters has given it a severely negative connotation. That and the fact that many find it frustrating that so many people believe it for no reason when it is clearly NOT supported by the game.

Is that a satsifactory answer or does someone else have to repeat it again? :rolleyes2

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like HATED theory and it is pretty obvious that Ultimecia is JENOVA.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I like HATED theory and it is pretty obvious that Ultimecia is JENOVA.
    That would not be possible because Jenova is purple and as an eye in one of her boobs...(yes i noticed that)

Banned

Default And y'know what?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bahamut View Post
    PAK, you continously ask the same question yet many people have already answered it repeatedly. How many different answers do you want before you're satisfied?

The theory is "hated" by some because they think it is an entirely invalid theory with no supporting evidence which regardlessly is defended by 14-year olds with bad grammar who say nothing but "it's all opinion lol" in threads that invariably end up as massive trollfests because every FF board has at least one exceedingly stubborn supporter who won't ever back down.

That's why. It's simply because most peoples experiences with the theory and it's supporters has given it a severely negative connotation. That and the fact that many find it frustrating that so many people believe it for no reason when it is clearly NOT supported by the game.

Is that a satsifactory answer or does someone else have to repeat it again? :rolleyes2
    I'll just keep on asking it until I get a satisfactory answer.:rolleyes2

Did anyone ever tell you you're unreasonably demanding? :rolleyes2 The correct answer/s have already been given several times, and yet you dismiss them because they're not what you wanted to hear? Sorry, but that's your problem, not ours, so you're wasting everyones time by continously interrogating everyone as to why they dislike R=U.