Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dirge of Cerberus Reactions

This game is one of those one's where it will become what ever you think of it at first. If you listen to the previews and ratings and such, and buy it thinking "this is ganna be crap", then as you play through it your mind is gonna be more sensitive to the flaws you encounter (and don't kid our self people, this game dose have some flaws) and will be nit-picking the game apart as you play it. If you buy it becuse you think "hey, ya, this looks cool plus it's FF related and it's all about Vimcent", then your gonna just be having a good time with it, you may notice falws as well but you will probably end up disregarding them as you play through the game and have fun.

Like I said befor, this games what you make of it. I had fun with it, but everybody has there own opinions, so I dunno, it's up to you.

Props to Owen Macwere for my kick as* sig

KH Survivor Character- Cloud

This game toatly destroys all other free online rpg''s out there. You have to check this out, it's really fun. Think Ragnorok Online, only free and with less people.http://www.kuyaro.net/

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Theres no way i could play this game on Normal mode, it would bore me to death .

Im happy with the game. The FMVs have great movement, the voice acting is good, and I love the customisation menu. However, if you didnt know what games Square-Enix make before you played this game, youd tell that they dont make shooters. Even in the refined american/english version the shooting and a lot of other things feel awkward, and I play a lot FPS and the like.

Still, im enjoying the game. Im glad it has a Hard mode!

Guys, its obvious that edczxcvbnm is the law. Now lets all inject ourselves with Prozium and continue as before.
    Last edited by Croyles; 08-19-2006 at 02:47 AM.

hmm.... u guys use ps2 jiystick to play or use keyboard/mouse to play?

i just play about 30 min (still in klam), i got play japanese version b4... both also not large different. I find out that very hard to aim sometimes especialy in ladder.... how u guys think? btw, the FMV is nice... ^ ^

Once again I find myself having to repeat that until you have played the game do not comment on whether it is good or bad. I'm talking to you edczxcvbmn or whatever the heck you call yourself, if you play the game I do not care how much you flame it, even if it is a really bad game, if you have not played the game then don't comment. I said it earlier, but I really hate it when people do that. It is wrong and I would wish you quit your [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]E while your ahead. The NA version is much better than the JP version and yes it is has many flaws, but it is a 'FACT' that the game deserves recognition of being a decent game. It is not great but it is not horrible like many games out there. The story is also pretty good with only the gameplay and movements bringing it down. If you don't ever want to play it, DON'T comment on it! If you do play it(and you are telling the truth) then you can bring it down all you want, until then please just stop! The game is also a decent challenge and is a bit difficult on extra-hard the extra levels aren't too bad either except for the time thing. Is it better to believe someone who has not yet played the game, or someone who has? It wasn't that bad a game, rent it if you don't want to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    Everyone here fails to note that no matter what...My opinion is not an opinion. It is a fact. And fact of the matter is that this game is crappy.

Its a fact. I don't know why you guys are trying to fight facts...maybe this should just be a law. A law of the universe.

Squares law states that Dirge of Cerberus is a [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]ty game.

FACT!
    another FACT would be that everyone here has an opinion as well, just as you have yours. The problem is that your opinion (not a fact bud) is bashing everyone els's opinion who is on here, wich is why people are getting a little bit pissed off. If you have somthing negitve to say about the game, and you played it, and stated it once that would be fine, but continuly stating the same fact over and over just to bash a game who havent played is probably pushing it a bit. You also seem to be standing alon on this as well, since I see no other negative poasts on here aside from yours. But whatever. Do as you wish.

Props to Owen Macwere for my kick as* sig

KH Survivor Character- Cloud

This game toatly destroys all other free online rpg''s out there. You have to check this out, it's really fun. Think Ragnorok Online, only free and with less people.http://www.kuyaro.net/

Default I LOVE THIS GAME!!

I got a copy yesterday! Its so good. Its fun, action packed and really cool to look at. I played it to the second stage and didnt want to stop. All of you buy it now! lol Thanks,
    Cody

Just to toss my few cents in the ring... I rented it early today and I'm about halfway through now I think. To be honest I wasn't even through the third stage or so and I got semi-bored. I even started completely zoning out and thinking about when the release date of Yakuza is. It's not that the game doesn't require my participation, it's just that my brain kind of goes on "Aim and smash R1" auto-pilot.

It seems to not matter where I am, what city or building, everything just feels the same. I don't feel like I'm running through any of the places I love in 3-d. It's all just sort of bland.

The game isn't broken, and it isn't a catastrophe, but it isn't really good either. Everytime I'm about to quit a cutscene happens and reminds me why I should keep playing. I'd give it a 5/10 or a 6/10 around there. But 5/10 doesn't mean "horrible, unplayable beast" it means average. And it is average. It has a better story than most shooters but worse gameplay and that levels down to a 5 for me.

Of course, I knew that all along and never expected anything more from this game. That plus my fanboy for both the series and VII in particular allows me to say the game is worth playing at least once :}

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

If you have the above problem, turn off auto-targeting and play on Hard mode.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Blog Entries

I picked up my copy last night, and unfotunately wasn't able to play that much. I'm not someone who plays shooters at all really, mostly picked it up due to being part of the FF series. I need to play more to get used to the controls, but I'm optimistic...

I picked it up yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. I only wish the game would be a lot longer. I can see from walkthroughs that I'll probably finish it in the next 2 days.

Oh and it would be awesome if you could transform into all of Vincent's limit breaks from FFVII.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nosebleed View Post
    If you have the above problem, turn off auto-targeting and play on Hard mode.

I tried this for a while, and it was gravy for a bit but the controls and camera just frustrate me, especially in tight places like the 3,000 hallways. I have more fun on semi-auto for some unknown reason.

I'm not trying to make anybody mad when I say I think it's average, that's just kinda what I think. I like shooters pretty well, but this one isn't floating my boat much. I love Final Fantasy, and I especially love VII, but this game just isn't clicking with me. But my opinion, of course, doesn't really matter. If y'all dig it, then all the power to you

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

When I first saw a review for it I thought they were just mad because Cloud wasn't in it but after playing it myself.
    I hated it it was slow sluggish and the story was crap, square just didn't care couldn't they given a better name than the Deep ground soldiers just because they were underground. They should've talked to me first before making it, because I would've gotten it straight I'll just go with Tomb Raider Legend, it's way funner they just made the game for money.

Yellow Winged Angel

Thumbs up Follow-up Post Upon Completion

Following up on my earlier post, I just recently completed the game this past weekend. I'm happy to say that I enjoyed the game more as I went along, and I felt that they did a better job of pacing the game towards the latter stages. Either that or I just got used to it the pacing, and simply didn't notice.

Without getting into the gory details, my personal opinion is that this game falls somewhere between a low 7(like a 7.3) and an 8.0 on a scale of 10, depending on how you look at it. It's not groundbreaking by any means, and in terms of pure gameplay, it's entertaining enough, but very standard and conventional. However, I sincerely believe that DoC did enough things right to be considered a decent game.

The thing I was most happy about was that the story motivating the action was very legitimate to the FF7 universe. I was worried they'd just put in a placeholder plot only loosely associated with the original FF7, simply to cash in on FF7's popularity. Instead, I felt like it was a very legitimate addition to the FF7 universe, and gave a satisfying conclusion to Vincent's segment of the story. Honestly, I felt that the story for this game was more legitimate than the story that FF7:AC centered around.

In conclusion, I'd say if you appreciate the story of FF7, and can appreciate or tolerate shooters, you owe it to yourself to buy or rent(I completed the main story in 12 hours) this game. If you dislike FF7, or have an exceptionally high standard when it comes to shooters and action games, you'll find enough wrong with this game that you may want to pass on it.

I was like "Meh." until that part when they shoot Reeve and Cait Sith pops out. Then I got all into it, and played for about three hours straight. Bought it today, by the way.

For second I was like, "NOOOO how dare you spoil it" but then I realised when you said Caith Sith pops out I was like, "Oh, good, already saw that part." For those who haven't played, don't worry, that's like in the first chapter, so it's not much of a spoiler.