Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dirge of Cerberus Reactions

Default Dirge of Cerberus Reactions

Well, the game is finally out and I'm sure a lot of you picked it up today like I did. I've been playing for the last three hours or so and just as I expected I am having a great time with it. The game does not feel "slow" at all in my opinion, which seemed to be the big complaint. The introduction FMV was amazing, the gameplay has been unique and fun, and I am really digging the weapon customization system.

I can now say with confidence that this game is only getting burned so bad by everyone because people like to hold Square to insane standards and expect every game to be as detailed and expansive as a new installment to the Final Fantasy main series.

What are your reactions so far?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My friend got it today (I'll probably borrow it when he's done).

Kitten Sith!!!!! My baby kitty!!!!

It certainly looks badass. (SPOILER)He just beat the first boss, and met Kitten Sith...<3

I just got it today, as well. I want to replay FFVII again, though. Unfortunately, I couldn't put it down until like an hour into the first chapter when my dad was like "Go to bed."

Man, even the tutorial was fun.

Wow, I was afraid I wouldn't like it b/c I never like shooters, although I rented GoldenEye a few times way back and thought that was ok. I've tried Halo at a friend's house once and hated that. But Dirge of Cerberus seems very good. It's good that it's not too easy, but it's not too hard either, which I think is appropriate since I think most fans of FF aren't very good at or play a lot of shooters. I could be wrong, though.

The customization option might take a while for me to get the hang of. Right now, I'm kinda just blindy equipping stuff when it says so and know what something does, but I don't quite get yet where to put stuff except for where the item comes up. I also need to get better at controlling Vincent and get better at avoiding getting hit when I'm being ambushed.

The voice acting, and yeah the opening movie and other cinematics are all good. Steve Blum as Vincent! I couldn't ask for a better English male voiceover.

Some people might not like how Kalm has changed and looks a lot larger instead. Yeah, I thought it was funny that Kalm got much larger! But that's good, b/c now it looks more like a real town. But of course, I still love the Kalm of FFVII. It was simpler but I still loved it, like the rest of the areas you explored. Now, when Kalm looks more like a real town, even though it's different, I'm pretty ok with the changes. You can't really make an action game w/o expanding Kalm.

So far so good, I like it a lot!

The only thing I think was a slight disappointment was I can't change names. Hmm, I guess what I could do in my next playthough of FFVII before I go back to DoC would be to leave Cait Sith, Yuffie, and Vincent as default and change everyone else since everyone else doesn't really do much in DoC.

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

you all suck. it hasn't even came out in tennessee yet. it comes out tommorow, the 17. i cause atleast breath a small sigh of relief to know that it isn't as bad as everyone has been saying

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Yeah, I got it today and have been playing it off and on already. I'm at chapter 5, and I've really enjoyed the game so far. I've never really enjoyed a shooter before, but I find DoC really fun to play. I don't really find it slow at all, I don't get why people say it is. The story is pretty interesting as well.

I'm only on chapter one, but I don't think it's slow, yet. Maybe the longer story scenes come later? Oh, yeah, the opening movie was a little lengthy, but it was so good I didn't notice and forgot it was lengthy! Well, lengthy compared to the next scenes, like the one with Cait Sith.

I just completed the game on Normal mode. My cumulative result was an A rating. Wonderful game.

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    I just completed the game on Normal mode. My cumulative result was an A rating. Wonderful game.
    HOLY CRAP YOU BEAT IT ALREADY?!?!?!

@_@
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

=O That's amazing! Well, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the whole game. I'll need to hurry up and finish it myself.

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

I really want to play now!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

All of you make me cry! Wal-Mart never has games when it's supposed to! *sob, sob* Well, at least now I know that it's an okay game. Perhaps it won't be held to the high standards of, say, Resident Evil 4 *holy choir chord*, but it sounds like it will be fun. I'm anxioius to know what this weapon custimization system is. Should be interesting, if Wal-Mart ever freakin' gets it!

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

I walked 8 miles to the mall to get this game, and then 8 miles back. It was well worth it.
    I've been playing non-stop since 2 o'clock yesterday, and I just completed hard mode. This game is freaking awesome. My pistol does more damage than my sniper rifle (I defeated fifteen copters in only 30 shots), but I have to lower my weapon then not firing cause I move two milles an hour. I made it WAAYYY to heavy.

The game is not slow at all, and if it is, lower your weapon, it's probably heavy. The controls are easy to master. I think the item thing was brilliant (left cue item, right use it). Another innovation was you could get exp, OR gil, not both. I found myself taking gil always until I had maxed out my pistol. However I found it a little to easy. I'd go to a shop, buy and use phoenix down and buy another, it was like having three lives.
    Last edited by Cruise Control; 08-17-2006 at 02:08 PM.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

You are all so lucky. It comes out today in New York, but i still have to wait until the price goes down. Grrrrr...

Thanks to Reno is my man for the awesome siggy!!
    R.I.P Owen Macwere
    R.I.P to my cat, Turk

Man this threads making me want this game even more now.

I want to play this game, but I'm already occupied with X-2 and XI and I'm gonna be even busier when FF III DS gets released in a few weeks. I'm gonna wait till this game becomes part of the greatest hits selection or something

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html