Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Original classes

Default Original classes

I was bored with ffI so I was thinking of some cool things to add to the game. Well, I didn't come up with anything spectacular, but I did come up with a new class. A bard. So I took with a red mage and only gave him buff/debuff magic, then I had a bard (I told you it wasn't anything spectacular:rolleyes2). I was also wondering what some other makeshift-classes there could be. Ideas? Questions? Concerns?

IMO your bard should take advantage of some status-inflicting magic like SLEP/SLP2 and CONF.

There are all kinds of things you could do by restricting the spells you learn for a particular character.

Warlock or Battle Mage = red mage with only damage/status-inflicting black magic
    Doctor = white mage with only CURE(1,2,3,4), HEAL(1,2,3), PURE, SOFT, and LIFE(1,2)
    Fire Mage/Ice Mage/Bolt Mage = self explanatory

Likewise by limiting yourself to certain weapons and armor you can create some melee classes:

Viking/Berserker = Fighter/Knight using Axes (and non-metal armor?), does not use magic

Here's a combined option:

Cavalier = Red Mage using only swords and non-metal armor (bracelets are acceptable), limited to magic that improves defense/avoidance or offensive chance to hit..

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Here's a few classes:

Dark Knight = Knight, but with the same black magic as Ninja instead of having white magic.

Ninja Red Mage = Ninja + Red Wizard. Can use weapons, armor and spells of both classes.

Sage = White Wizard, but able to use all the spells a Black Wizard can in addition to the white magic spells.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

FF1 is fine as it is
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

I used FFHackster to completely overhaul the game one time--I added Blue Mages (->Blue Wizard) and Ghosts (->Renevant) as new classes.
    Sigless

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD View Post
    Ninja Red Mage = Ninja + Red Wizard. Can use weapons, armor and spells of both classes.
    Awesome!

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shout View Post
    Awesome!
    Thanks. Can you think of any ways to create the Pirate Red Mage class, or a Pirate Ninja class?
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Thanks. Can you think of any ways to create the Pirate Red Mage class, or a Pirate Ninja class?
    I do be advising against making a Pirate Red Mage. When ye first step out of town, ye be winning the game faster than it takes a bottle 'o rum to be drunk on a vessel with twenty thirsty men strong and true by default. That be how awesome Pirate Red Mages are.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Twenty? You're joking. A REAL pirate can chug a bottle of rum in under a minute. In fact, it would take twenty pirates longer to drink that much rum because of the amount of bottle passing involved. Pirates = win.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen View Post
    Twenty? You're joking. A REAL pirate can chug a bottle of rum in under a minute. In fact, it would take twenty pirates longer to drink that much rum because of the amount of bottle passing involved. Pirates = win.
    Nar it be quicker. The fastest Pirate be taking the rum, then quickly swigging it before the rest of his traitorous crew men can be stealing said rum.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

i would take the white mage/wiz without the ability to cast spells and take away his use of any weapons aside from knives and call him a villager

Pirates are dumb. What can they do? Stick to Ninjas, seph.

Pirates can go on plunderous/murderous rampages, not get caught, and steal lots and lots of money before retiring. I'm sorry, what can ninjas do again?

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

ninjas can be sneeaky and stealthy and steal things as well as throw shurikens and wield mulitple katanas. they often have special ninja magic as well. although i think ninjas would win, pirate red mages are awesomesauce, after all whos ever heard of a ninja red mage?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

So ninjas can tiptoe around like girls, throw shiney things like girls, and use smoke bombs.

Pirates shoot you in the face. EoT