Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the smashing pumpkins re-unite

Default the smashing pumpkins re-unite

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003018864

I'm mad excited. I love the smashing pumpkins. anyone else?

also, has anyone heard new info about whos going to assist corgan?

thanks blitz ace for the sig

I'm not a huge fan (I don't own any of their albums), but I do like quite a few of their songs. Considering that so much of the recent rock out there, IMO, is crap, I am intereted to hear what their new stuff will sound like.

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

I don't really know much about them to be honest

the lead singer is bald, is he not? Let's see him re-unite himself with his hair
    ...Geddit?

This is pretty old news, beside the fact that they got Roy Thoman Baker on board for producing the album. I see The Smashing Pumpkins as one of the most important bands in history, so I'm highly excited for new material, even though I seriously doubt James Iha would ever work with Billy Corgan again.

'The Pumpkin Queen' pixie_demon's Avatar

Moogle

wOOt well i am excited i dont care about anyone else!!!

its awesome. as far as i know its billy and jimmy, not sure if d'arcy and james would go back...

but i prefered the pumpkins in the d'arcy days...

they were alright...i much preferred APC (of course) to either smash or zwan but meh...i like music

Quote Originally Posted by farplaner View Post
    I'm not a huge fan (I don't own any of their albums), but I do like quite a few of their songs. Considering that so much of the recent rock out there, IMO, is crap, I am intereted to hear what their new stuff will sound like.
    It's not technically "recent rock". It's not like the crap pop-rock put through your radio. And they have also been said to be "the" band of the 90s. I am all "interested' while being excited, because billy corgan was not as good solo so I hope their new stuff doesn't sound like his solo project.

Quote Originally Posted by mobiletype View Post
    I don't really know much about them to be honest

the lead singer is bald, is he not? Let's see him re-unite himself with his hair
    haha, I definetly think that billy corgan looked better with hair. I dunno if he went bald or if he shaved it though....

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    This is pretty old news, beside the fact that they got Roy Thoman Baker on board for producing the album. I see The Smashing Pumpkins as one of the most important bands in history, so I'm highly excited for new material, even though I seriously doubt James Iha would ever work with Billy Corgan again.
    It is old news that they were re-uniting. It is new news that billy is entering the studio very soon, if not already. I kinda hope that the band has tied up some ends and forgiven each other, because I would love to see the original lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_demon View Post
    wOOt well i am excited i dont care about anyone else!!!

its awesome. as far as i know its billy and jimmy, not sure if d'arcy and james would go back...

but i prefered the pumpkins in the d'arcy days...
    I'm really really excited too. And I would also like to see d'arcy back with jim and james.

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    they were alright...i much preferred APC (of course) to either smash or zwan but meh...i like music
    I think theyre more than alright, but thats your preferance. And music is good...

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I've known about it for awhile, but it's good to hear about it again. I'm definitely excited. There isn't enough Smashing Pumpkins music in the world. Not yet.
    --Box Box Box Box

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Billy Corigan is bald.

here's something interesting, a book can also be .. a hat

Quote Originally Posted by ffxatticus View Post
    I'm not a huge fan (I don't own any of their albums), but I do like quite a few of their songs. Considering that so much of the recent rock out there, IMO, is crap, I am interested to hear what their new stuff will sound like.
    It's not technically "recent rock". It's not like the crap pop-rock put through your radio. And they have also been said to be "the" band of the 90s. I am all "interested' while being excited, because billy corgan was not as good solo so I hope their new stuff doesn't sound like his solo project.
    I didn't say SP was recent, I said I consider most of the recent rock that has come out over the past few years to be crap...and therefore I am interested to hear if SP's new stuff will be a break from the crap.

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."

'The Pumpkin Queen' pixie_demon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kikimm View Post
    There isn't enough Smashing Pumpkins music in the world. Not yet.

i completely agree. there never will be IMHO

Yeah, I've known about it for awhile, but it's good to hear about it again. I'm definitely excited. There isn't enough Smashing Pumpkins music in the world. Not yet.
    yeah, I have like 500 songs by them on my iPod, but I need more!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Æ¿æƒ2 View Post
    Billy Corigan is bald.
    thanks for telling us

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    here's something interesting, a book can also be .. a hat
    thank you?

Quote Originally Posted by ffxatticus View Post
    I'm not a huge fan (I don't own any of their albums), but I do like quite a few of their songs. Considering that so much of the recent rock out there, IMO, is crap, I am interested to hear what their new stuff will sound like.
    I didn't say SP was recent, I said I consider most of the recent rock that has come out over the past few years to be crap...and therefore I am interested to hear if SP's new stuff will be a break from the crap.
    sorry I misunderstood you. we do need a break from the crap. the only good rock being made is...old rock haha.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_demon View Post
    There isn't enough Smashing Pumpkins music in the world. Not yet.

i completely agree. there never will be IMHO

Good stuff.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Default Mmmmm .... i can dream can't I !

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post

James Iha is the main reason i would really want to hear them ... he is a wicked guitarist ! Billy is ok ... but meh and darcy is'nt bad ... James is my reason to Love the SP and not be wrong >.<
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.