Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: explanations. *serious spoilers. do not read uless you hae completed the game.*

Rinoa does not have an abnormally long lifespan due to being a sorceress, and there's hardly any reason to think she'll somehow grow to be 150 years old and still look as fit as Ultimecia.

And using timetravel to justify her becoming Ultimecia is ludicrous. Not only is it completely unfounded, but there's absolutely nothing indicating Rinoa is capable of it to begin with.

Can you please each of you sum up your points, so i know what you're saying, as it takes a while to read many of your posts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bahamut View Post
    Rinoa does not have an abnormally long lifespan due to being a sorceress, and there's hardly any reason to think she'll somehow grow to be 150 years old and still look as fit as Ultimecia.

And using timetravel to justify her becoming Ultimecia is ludicrous. Not only is it completely unfounded, but there's absolutely nothing indicating Rinoa is capable of it to begin with.
    I didn't use time travel as why Rinoa is Ultimecia... I explained the dominos earlier to explain TC and the Succession of Witches... Ugh! Y'know what... I'm gonna have to write another looooong explaination on this again... Oy! Comin' soon...

Oh, sorry, getting things mixed up here it seems. But yes, you'll have to come with a good explanation, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoh Amon Khan III View Post

I didn't use time travel as why Rinoa is Ultimecia... I explained the dominos earlier to explain TC and the Succession of Witches... Ugh! Y'know what... I'm gonna have to write another looooong explaination on this again... Oy! Comin' soon...
    But rinoa will livelonger than her life span until she passes on her powers to someone or thing ...

Banned

Oh, sorry, getting things mixed up here it seems. But yes, you'll have to come with a good explanation, I think.

LOL... Y'know... I think we're both getting a little lost... I'm taking a break for minute... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gamewizzard16 View Post
    But rinoa will livelonger than her life span until she passes on her powers to someone or thing ...
    How? Sorceresses have normal human lifespans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoh Amon Khan III View Post

LOL... Y'know... I think we're both getting a little lost... I'm taking a break for minute... LOL
    hensed why i asked whether your points could be summerised in a post or two.

My point:

R=U is not implied by the game to be true. It lacks substantial, convincing evidence, which it sorely needs considering how bold a claim it is. It also requires a large amount of entirely unfounded and wild assumptions in order to even work to begin with. On top of that, the game itself readily offers a much simpler, more plausible background for Ultimecia far more parsimonious than R=U.

For these reasons, R=U cannot be considered a valid theory. Just because it is possible to conceive of a scenario which results in Rinoa becoming Ultimecia, the fact is that it has no real evidence backing it up, and so is no more valid than say, Squall = a Moomba.

they said they'd meet in the flower fields if ever they got separated, and he was kinda in another dimension/time zone (australia, perhaps?). Probably been said before though, just posting

My point:

R=U is not implied by the game to be true. It lacks substantial, convincing evidence, which it sorely needs considering how bold a claim it is. It also requires a large amount of entirely unfounded and wild assumptions in order to even work to begin with. On top of that, the game itself readily offers a much simpler, more plausible background for Ultimecia far more parsimonious than R=U.

For these reasons, R=U cannot be considered a valid theory. Just because it is possible to conceive of a scenario which results in Rinoa becoming Ultimecia, the fact is that it has no real evidence backing it up, and so is no more valid than say, Squall = a Moomba.
    Ok, that's better. I can actually understand what you're saying now .

Banned

Default We'll be right back after these messages...

I think I better state my points...

Rinoa is the Final Sorceress at the end of the story, as we as far as we know it. And with Ultimecia (her possible and I use that term loosely because she may not be, future-self) still existing in the future Sorceress Rinoa is subjectable to possession at any time.

Ultimecia is possibly, technically within the reach of the characters lifespan of years and the Sorceress Power, having a self-preservation, mutates physical characteristics of it's hosts which may also include prevention of cosmetic aging...

It is uncertain that Rinoa will have a successor simply because it has been 'tradition' of the as it were.

I have to go now... running late..... But we'll be back with more after these messages....

In order to not waste space repeating Sir Bahamut, just echo his statements for myself.

Though to make a quick response to PAK (it doesn't matter if you don't respond to me. It's the points that matter) Ulti can only possess people by wasting her own time doing so. When you leave her time, she is dead, and has no more time available to possess Rinoa. If she were to possess Rinoa, it would have to have been at a time- to her- before she possessed Edea, wasting time she could have spent as far in the past as she could be. So it's possible, but it would require her to waste her own time by needlessly possessing someone who was years outside the limit of JME.

As for 'technically within the reach of the lifespan', no one in game thinks so, and even if the power prevented cosmetic aging, it couldn't prevent actual aging.

There has been at least one potential sorceress throughout history for as far back as history can recall. That this source would suddenly dry up across of a planet is a rather extraordinary claim. Especially since one can point to the succession of sorceresses (who could easily be the intervening sorceresses, as would seem to be suggested by the fact that the party is jumping forward in time as they fight them) as handy evidence of future sorceresses as well.

Ball of Pure being sephirothishere's Avatar

i dont have the ultimania guide but what i thought the last time i played ff8 and finished it which was a long time ago but im playin it again to refresh my memory....oh yeh...i thought that ultimecia gave her powers to edea and edea gave her powers to rinoa and then rinoa didnt do anythin so she could be ultimecia....and isnt their somethin in the game that said that they had to be connected in order to give powers to each other...i dont remember....ill say more when i get to that part....

Sephiro this here.

i thought that ultimecia gave her powers to edea and edea gave her powers to rinoa and then rinoa didnt do anythin so she could be ultimecia
    Rinoa doesn't pass on her powers within the span of the game, no, but she's only 17! She has a long life ahead of her which we never see, so the fact that we don't see her giving up her powers hardly means she never will.

and isnt their somethin in the game that said that they had to be connected in order to give powers to each other?
    No.