Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: explanations. *serious spoilers. do not read uless you hae completed the game.*

Banned

Calm down shorty....

Okay, here we go... Time Compression was the attempted and failed achievement of the "Everlasting Moment".

Ultimecia was attempting to compress moments of the past to the present she resided in (ergo the "future" that most of you cling to) in order to find that moment that she would no longer be persecuted. (cue music to "One Moment In Time).

Essentially, she could only compress moments of the past, NOT the future because that was what she was trying to avoid. What sense would it make to include the moment of her defeat and demise? Hence she sought out Rinoa and Ellone so that she could gain access further back in time past Adel's rule and Sorceresses preceeding her. I find it strange and oddly convienant, that era of Rinoa was as far as she could go. But also, it's possibly because Sorceress Edea was her Successor that she was able or only able to access this time period.

Anyway, the Sorceresses that the Fated Children were destroying while HITCHING a ride through Time Compression were the very Sorceresses that Ultimecia was seeking in order to aquire their power to ultimately achieve Time Compression. With each Sorcersses the Fated Children slew Ultimecia OR Rinoa absorbed these fragments of Sorceress Power.

My explaniation of Time Compression goes as such...

Let's look at this like "Dominoes" all set up ready to be knocked over in succession...

I I I I I I I....

Now as time goes each on of these dominoes or 'events in time' will fall over in succession connecting or 'knocking over' the next series of events...

I I I I\\\\\\

Understand.

Ultimecia, probably somehow knowledgeable of the fated prophecy set by the Fated Children knew that she was the Final Sorceress and did not want to die...

I(Ultimecia's Death) I I - (attemp with Time Compression)- I I I \\\\\

Let me know if I'm not explaining this clearly enough.

The fact of the matter is, is that time is immutable. You can not change it. This is why she sought to not so much as change time but to escape it in the moment between an event in time.

And here leaves the questions... If all the Sorceresses that were defeated where the Sorcersses of the past... Where is Rinoa's successor? Exactly, there isn't one. It is possible that Rinoa will eventually become Ultimecia...

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoh Amon Khan III View Post
    Calm down shorty....

Okay, here we go... Time Compression was the attempted and failed achievement of the "Everlasting Moment".
    Just to get this out of the way, you are expected to support your interpretation with evidence, preferably in the form of in game quotations, screenshots, Ultimania, or similar materials.

Ultimecia was attempting to compress moments of the past to the present she resided in (ergo the "future" that most of you cling to) in order to find that moment that she would no longer be persecuted. (cue music to "One Moment In Time).
    This flies directly in the face of her scan info, which states she wished to compress all time in order to remake reality as its ruler. She did seek to no longer be persecuted, but she definitely sought godhood as well.

Essentially, she could only compress moments of the past, NOT the future because that was what she was trying to avoid. What sense would it make to include the moment of her defeat and demise? Hence she sought out Rinoa and Ellone so that she could gain access further back in time past Adel's rule and Sorceresses preceeding her. I find it strange and oddly convienant, that era of Rinoa was as far as she could go.
    I find it logical and perfectly ironic. Logical in that she's using a machine which must have a limit, and ironic in that her using it pissed off the past enough to make it come kill her.
    Your first point -cannot absorb because she wishes to avoid it- is speculation, and assumes that if she absorbs any chunk of time, she is subject to her status in that given chunk of time. This would mean that should she absorb her teen years, she would go through purberty again, or if she absorbed her twilight years, she would become menopausal. Actually, following this logic, if she absorbed a time when she was not yet born, she would cease to have started being. It simply does not follow.

But also, it's possibly because Sorceress Edea was her Successor that she was able or only able to access this time period.
    Or more realistically, it was the absolute limit of her machine and she wanted to be as far back as possible.

Anyway, the Sorceresses that the Fated Children were destroying while HITCHING a ride through Time Compression were the very Sorceresses that Ultimecia was seeking in order to aquire their power to ultimately achieve Time Compression. With each Sorcersses the Fated Children slew Ultimecia OR Rinoa absorbed these fragments of Sorceress Power.
    Then the sorceress power should suddenly vanish for a gaps in history, as Squall et all do when they jump forward in time. It does not. It would also render her absorbing time rather moot if their power alone was her goal and Squall et all killing them gave it to her.

My explaniation of Time Compression goes as such...

Let's look at this like "Dominoes" all set up ready to be knocked over in succession...

I I I I I I I....

Now as time goes each on of these dominoes or 'events in time' will fall over in succession connecting or 'knocking over' the next series of events...

I I I I\\\\\\

Understand.

Ultimecia, probably somehow knowledgeable of the fated prophecy set by the Fated Children knew that she was the Final Sorceress and did not want to die...

I(Ultimecia's Death) I I - (attemp with Time Compression)- I I I \\\\\

Let me know if I'm not explaining this clearly enough.
    Let me know when you reconcile this with her scan info, or support it with anything more than your assertion. Thus far, while easy enough to understand, this explanation has nil support.

The fact of the matter is, is that time is immutable. You can not change it. This is why she sought to not so much as change time but to escape it in the moment between an event in time.
    Except her scan info says she was absorbing time in order to change it.

And here leaves the questions... If all the Sorceresses that were defeated where the Sorcersses of the past...
    HINT: KEY WORD= IF. If not, the following is groundless. Any conclusion based on a conditional is only valid in the circumstance that said conditional is fulfilled. If they were instead the sorceresses of the future, which is just as valid- if not more so- than your conditional, then your big issue below is rendered entirely moot.

Where is Rinoa's successor?
    ::Randomly points at map:: Scranton.

Exactly, there isn't one. It is possible that Rinoa will eventually become Ultimecia...
    It is only slightly less possible that Irvine or Selphie will become her. It is simply not plausible for the party to become Ultypoo.

Banned

Obviously, you do not understand time.

Snap your fingers. Go on do it.

I have to say your explanation is easy to understand but its all speculation. If you can prove anything or bring up any proof that Rinoa did not die and have a successor then I might believe you slightly. So far you've just sat and typed in your own opinions on what Time Compression is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by licence View Post

I have to say your explanation is easy to understand but its all speculation. If you can prove anything or bring up any proof that Rinoa did not die and have a successor then I might believe you slightly. So far you've just sat and typed in your own opinions on what Time Compression is.
    Okay, I believe that Time Compression is "The Everlasting Moment".

What do all of you think it is? How are my opinions less vailid than yours? Especially when you have not expressed you opinons on Time Compression?

And you'll see that pretty much no one knows what Compression is. Mostly because they don't understand how time works.

Snap your fingers.
    Last edited by Pharoh Amon Khan III; 09-20-2006 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf View Post
    . he cant have died permantently because you see him in the ending sequence of the credits.
    damm, that's what i was going to say.
    In the last part of the ending squence, you've only noticed Squall at one point only, even after Rinoa waving her finger, familiar? A strange coincidence? Or maybe it was a dream in Rinoa's visions (seeing Squall after she blinked her finger)?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

1 - What was the whole story behind that 'Old Key'?
    2 - What was the giant crevasse about near Trabia (where Nida said the the dial in the Balamb Garden was going crazy when it got near or go over it),
    3 - The out of place blue spots on somewhere on the Centra Plains (i never understood why there were there, but at the same time why would anyone put them there if it was for no use).

Str8 Pimpin'

At best, this is pot kettle black. At worst, this is you pretending to knowledge you do not have.

Wiggle your big toe.

Alternatively, make substantial responses, not cryptic nonresponses.

Quote Originally Posted by licence View Post

Okay, I believe that Time Compression is "The Everlasting Moment".

What do all of you think it is? How are my opinions less vailid than yours? Especially when you have not expressed you opinons on Time Compression?
    Your opinions are less valid because there is in game evidence to state that Ulti's goal was actually to use time compression towards the end of becoming ruler of all reality.

And you'll see that pretty much no one knows what Compression is. Mostly because they don't understand how time works.
    Compression is the act of - in matter- reducing the volume while keeping equivalent mass. Bringing time into the matter, it would be the act of bringing all points in time further towards a central period, possibly to a single temporal point. The exact mechanisms have never been detailed by S-E, but apparently Ulty thinks that achieving this ability will allow her to remake reality and become ruler over all.

Snap your fingers.
    Wax on. Wax off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    1 - What was the whole story behind that 'Old Key'?
    2 - What was the giant crevasse about near Trabia (where Nida said the the dial in the Balamb Garden was going crazy when it got near or go over it),
    3 - The out of place blue spots on somewhere on the Centra Plains (i never understood why there were there, but at the same time why would anyone put them there if it was for no use).
    The old key was merely a key, an item that existed only for that subquest, (unlocking the rest of the LP).

Df answered 2.

3 is that it was where- if I am not mistaken, the LP was originally taken from, hence the strange blue stone, like the LP.

Banned

At best, this is pot kettle black. At worst, this is you pretending to knowledge you do not have.
    No that would be you... You're insulting my knowledge again in comparision to yours which you believe to be superior to anyone else. You are simply making counter statements and not making any statements of your own.

I only said that you don't understand time because you claim that time would get 'pissed off'?

Now once again, you ridicule any statement I make, but push me on to offer more detail or 'evidence' just so you can make a counter post to feed your over-indulgent egotistical arrogance. You'd rather insult than indulge. Either stop questioning my or anyone's validity or make a statement of your own. Now, as I was saying...

... Snap your fingers.
    Last edited by Pharoh Amon Khan III; 09-21-2006 at 02:19 AM.

No that would be you... You're insulting my knowledge again in comparision to yours which you believe to be superior to anyone else.
    Really? And you're not insulting mine by saying "you don't understand time"? Oi.

You are simply making counter statements and not making any statements of your own.
    ...AND?

I only said that you don't understand time because you claim that time would get 'pissed off'?
    Squbba wha? ::looks up:: "The past" was not literally referring to the time period, but the people in it. Oi.

Now once again, you ridicule any statement I make,
    No, I rebut any statement you make. Mockery only becomes involved when your contributions begin to lack substance.

but push me on to offer more detail or 'evidence' just so you can make a counter post to feed your over-indulgent egotistical arrogance.
    Firstly, that's a gorram appeal to motive. Secondly, without any evidence, there is no gorram reason to take your proposition seriously at all.

You'd rather insult than indulge. Either stop questioning my or anyone's validity or make a statement of your own. Now, as I was saying...
    1- Bahamut has said this time and time again, but you cannot come into this sort of thing and NOT expect your claim to be examined for flaws and inconsistencies.
    2- Why are you so hung up on me having a position of my own? I seriously do not need a position in order to respond to anyone else's.
    3- appeal to motive.

... Snap your fingers.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Seriously, if you have a point, make it. Avoid rhetorical BS like this.

Banned

Okay, once again, you cut up my post and only responded to that which you wanted to, and left out the relevant material that answered your questions and retorts. You cut up my entire post for your own benefit. I'm not here to argue with you. Your arrogance is so blinding you can't even see it. Which is why I and practically no one here can have a rational 'debate' or disscussion with you. You won't even participate, but just decapitate anything I say... You say I have to prove my points, but you have none of your own.

Now, you're the only one responding, (regretfully), but, I hope you understand that I am not speaking only to you, Ryushikaze, when I say...

Snap your fingers...

Okay, once again, you cut up my post and only responded to that which you wanted to, and left out the relevant material that answered your questions and retorts. You cut up my entire post for your own benefit.
    The entire content of your reply was contained in the above, and in this response. I do not snip important content from your posts without mentioning that I do so, and it's not like anyone can't bloody check themselves to see if I did so or not. Not only that, but I do not "cut your posts up" for my own benefit. I stop at each 'point' and address them. Which is a lot better than can be said of you, who has completely ignored the rebuttals and responses of people over, put words in my mouth, and generally whine and moaned this entire thread through. Stop making Ad homs about my point by point response and try firing a salvo right back instead of complaining all the time.

I'm not here to argue with you.
    Nor I you. You simply happen to be the current hypothesizer, and your claims are simply too outrageous to be allowed to stand without support. Were another person fronting these same arguments, or different but similarly implausible points, I would rebut them as well, such as I did with Viator, FE, and other people elsewhere.

Your arrogance is so blinding you can't even see it. Which is why I and practically no one here can have a rational 'debate' or disscussion with you. You won't even participate, but just decapitate anything I say... You say I have to prove my points, but you have none of your own.
    Y'know, the most irritating part about the above paragraph is that you are once again kvetching about being peer reviewed and are harping again on how I do not hold any points, when any points or positions I do or do not hold are completely smegging irrelevant in this entire process.

Now, you're the only one responding, (regretfully), but, I hope you understand that I am not speaking only to you, Ryushikaze, when I say...

Snap your fingers...
    And I hope you, and everyone else will understand that ending on cheap rhetoric is no substitute for an explained point. Of course, did it ever occur to you that I'm the only one responding because perhaps I'm the only one patient enough?

Banned

It's only irritating because it's true. Now either do one of two simple things listen and learn, or...

You only have patience to insult instead of indulge. You may be the only one replying, but even though I'm not addressing you yourself, you can not do something so simple as to...

Snap... your... fingers.

I just want to say that I have nothing to add to what Ryu is saying. Just so that's clear.