Thread: Avoiding random monster encounters

Default Avoiding random monster encounters

I was told there was some sort of item or magic that you use to avoid random monster from popping up, but I have no idea which one and where to get it. Anyone gives me a hand?

At one point Cid will give you an item called the "Magical Lamp". When you go into your item screen and use it you will enter a boss fight with the GF Diablos. Defeat him and you can use him as a GF from that point on. Diablos can learn an ability called "Enc-Half", which of course halves enemy encounters, and then an ability called "Enc-none" after that which will eliminate them completely.

Edit: Wait, it's been a while since I've played the game and my memory is kind of coming back. I don't believe Cid simply gives you the Lamp you have to talk to him to get it.

If I'm not wrong: After the Dollet section of the beginning of Disc 1, Squall, Selphie, and Zell will officially become Seeds. They get sent out on their first mission and are told to meet Cid. You'll know the scene because Zell comes in on a hoverboard and gets scolded because hoverboards aren't allowed in the Garden. When you get control of your party you're supposed to run off and take a train to Timber. Cid will be standing right there, just talk to him and he gives you the lamp before you leave. If this is wrong, somebody feel free to correct me and hit me with a bloody kleet.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 09-19-2006 at 08:29 PM.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Yes, the GF Diablos will teach you the Enc-None ability. I used it very often on my first game, and I started to use it on my second game after all my characters reached level 100.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

The Enc-None ability takes away the fun of FF it´s only usefull to help you find Pupu.

Quote Originally Posted by DfKimera View Post
    Kinda unrelated to the forums, but anyone knows if there is a similar feature on FFIX?
    Unfortunately, no! I don't think so!

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

Well enc-none ability is good at getting Odin to be your guardian force...I use that ability so it'll safe time...

想要對妳說的 不敢說的愛