Thread: Anyone Else A Bit Disappointed?

Default Anyone Else A Bit Disappointed?

Was anyone else perhaps a bit disappointed in the Cave of Trials subquest that opens after you beat the game for the GBA version. While I'll admit that a lot of the character's "sidestory" challenges were fun, they did little to nothing to reveal anything about the characters to us, which would have been helpful since background stories and fleshing out characters' personalities was something this game heavily lacked.

Perhaps I was expecting too much, but I was kind of hoping that we would get to see something actually pertaining to the characters past or possible future, whereas the only time this happens is with Kain, (SPOILER)where you have him fight his jealousy and thus defeat his darker side. Again, I still found it entertaining, but I was disappointed at the lack of character development that could have been placed there and, in the case of only Kain, was placed there. Anyone else feel the same way?
    The more consciousness, the more will; the more will, the more self. Someone who has no will at all is no self. But the more will he has, the more self-consciousness he has too.-Soren Kierkegaard
    Every people has its own Tartuffery and calls it its virtues.-What is best in us we do not know-we cannot know.-Friedrich Nietzsche
    Trickery, bravery: who asks, in war?-Virgil, The Aeneid, Book II, Line 517

Which FF Character Are You?