Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Thread: do you consider rap to be music? IF YOU LIKE RAP DONT COME IN HERE

I dissaprove of almost all rap.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by salvaje View Post
    Rap is music. And there is talent in it.

In some forms of rock, you have a singer that screams incomprehensible gibberish into a microphone - and is applauded. Ever heard of Cradle of Filth, or Slipknot?
    Just because there is talent in it, does not make it music. Beat poetry has some talent in it, is that music too?

Also, firstly, even the harshest of Slipknot vocals are far from 'incomprehensible gibberish' as you put it. Even Cradle's vocals are from more comprehensable than a lot of other bands with death growl vocals.

Most rap no a days is crap. I like rap and all but they have no message in them anymore and all they talk about now are big butts, boobs and getting some. I even heard a song about chicken noodle soup a couple days ago. It's pathetic what has happen to rap. From legends like Run D.M.C. and Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five to "rappers" talking about laffy taffy. Because of this I've turned almost completely away from rap and instead turned to past music or other genres. It's so very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by K. H. Kid View Post
    Most rap no a days is crap. I like rap and all but they have no message in them anymore and all they talk about now are big butts, boobs and getting some.
    You have just described your average, every day, red-blooded male. I guess they're crap too. (I'm sorry - I found that hilarious).

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by salvaje View Post
    Rap is music. And there is talent in it.

In some forms of rock, you have a singer that screams incomprehensible gibberish into a microphone - and is applauded. Ever heard of Cradle of Filth, or Slipknot?
    Just because there is talent in it, does not make it music. Beat poetry has some talent in it, is that music too?

Also, firstly, even the harshest of Slipknot vocals are far from 'incomprehensible gibberish' as you put it. Even Cradle's vocals are from more comprehensable than a lot of other bands with death growl vocals.
    One - yep; I made a typo. Am I in the Hall of Shame now? Will this turn into a grammar/spelling challenge?

Two - Yes, I believe it can also be a form of music.

Three - I've stated before; people are biased. The argument "Oh, I listen to rap, but I still don't consider it music" is a bit stale; it always comes down to preferences.

People hate rap. People hate rock. People hate me. People hate YOU.

It doesn't matter; any argument voiced will only turn into a game of "Ring Around the Roses", and I'm far too tired and weary to play such games. Think what you will - your hatred of rap will not topple the rap industry, and their hatred of rock will not topple the rock industry.

Now, I'd like to quote one of my more elegant, profound statements.

"Big a** f**kin' circle and not a damn person's f**kin' gettin' the message that it will lead NOWHERE in the end but an archive of a**holery and b*tchery."

Have a great one, everyone ^_^
    Un engaño, dos extraños jugando a quererce
    en lo oscuro el amor no puede verce. . .

(NOTE: image = 535 x 70, 37.0 KB; I'm really getting sick of my images being banned and removed.)
    [love] [love+100] [love+200]
    [love me harder?] [too much love]

Blog Entries

Listen to NaS. And AZ. They have some songs that are pretty "gangsta" and every song has a little of it but that's in all rap, it's part of rap. Just some MCs use it to exspress things and "drop knowldge"

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some rap is good. Most isn't. I think They should try finding another way to kill 50 Cent, as shooting the b*st*rd clearly doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by themagicroundabout View Post
    I hate you.

Rap is fine. :rolleyes2
    Leave 'em alone; don't bully them!

Blog Entries

Rap most certainly counts as music. I just don't like it.

Blog Entries

I think rap is good sometimes but not like it's now... everybody can rap now and music seems that it's losing it's value... I'm not protecting others genres of music but I think people should start earing beyound rap and pop...

I would agree some rap music is bad, since they put in something that has nothing to do with the word, just to make one thing ryhme to another. But rap music in general is great, i listen to it all the time. Real rap music, not some trash, where they make up theyre own words and such.

ow and pure quin14, i seriosly dislike you, first of you have no right to judge any rapper. You are allowed to have your aponion on that you dont like how they rap, but that certainly doesn't mean that he is suppost/deserves to die! I know so many diffrent things, that i see you clearly are. But im not gonna start being rude or anything, so ill just leave it.

Never Ending Pain....

Yes, I consider rap to be music.

In fact, it is! Considering it to be music is something else, but there's no question about it actually being music. If you need me to explain this, just yell, but I think anyone with a decent knowledge of music knows it's music, even if you like or not, it makes no difference.

I actually like some aspects of rapmusic, like the loud and usually slow bass which thrills your throat at live shows, and some artists are just geniuses with words.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenti View Post
    I would agree some rap music is bad, since they put in something that has nothing to do with the word, just to make one thing ryhme to another. But rap music in general is great, i listen to it all the time. Real rap music, not some trash, where they make up theyre own words and such.

ow and pure quin14, i seriosly dislike you, first of you have no right to judge any rapper. You are allowed to have your aponion on that you dont like how they rap, but that certainly doesn't mean that he is suppost/deserves to die! I know so many diffrent things, that i see you clearly are. But im not gonna start being rude or anything, so ill just leave it.
    Yeah I like the good rap.

And my opinion about how I want 50 Cent to die wasn't about the rappers in general. A lot of them suck, yeah, but I don't want them to die. Just 50 Cent. I really really hate him.