92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dirge of Cerberus

35 38.04%
  • Resident Evil 4

57 61.96%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dirge of Cerberus vs. Resident Evil 4

Ever heard of Resident Evil: Dead Aim?
    This game actually let's you use a gun controller to blast off Zombies on screen.

And YES [RE4] it's the first to be third Person Shooter, compared to the rest of the number series.

The thing about Dirge of Cerberus is more a game for the fans, rather than be a tuned-in shooter like Timesplitters or Black.
    (Timesplitters has 3 games)
    (Black is trully based on Killzone... even the health bar is the same except you don't regenerate, you use health packs.)

Anyway, it really depends on witch series you are most fan about.
    Final Fantasy or Resisdent Evil, and if you like the game or not.

As I was trying to explain, and sorry for the confusion.
    Is that the Final Fantasy Franchise is purely based on RPGs (Except Cerberus) and that system, well, doesn't get you any better at shooting games.
    As for Resident Evil 4, if the game (series) starts being first/third shooter, expect the hole series to go in that direction.

*On a Final Note: I can't beleive Resident Evil 1-3 are not shooting.
    I mean, I use more Melee attacks in Dirge of Cerberus (problably in just one mission) than I would during the entire game of the Resident Evil... (Except Nicolai and the knife...) if you are using Melee attacks, it means you are getting digeasted by zombies.

Survival/Horror, hell, Resident Evil 4 is more Horror than it's previous series games. (And looks like RE5 is going to be more horrable as zombies now run. Give me a break, not another Dawn of the Dead monkey-like Canivore... I have o thank my friend to force me to watch that movie... on second though, let's not thank him.)

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    Devil May Cry came before it but even that was different...and better than DoC.
    It that a joke? Of Course Devil May Cry is better!
    Is there even a better Action game than Devil May Cry series??
    (I know there's Dynasty Warriors that is good, but never in hell can you move like Dante)
    I'm just curious to know... is all.
    (BTW, not laughing at you, so don't get offended, please.)
    Last edited by King-Killer; 08-23-2006 at 12:37 PM.

I bought RE4 after hearing everyone scream at me about how great it was day in and day out for a year. I played it, absolutely loathed it, and traded it back in the next day, which was a horrendous waste of my money. I am no fan of shooters, but I am actually almost through DoC....which will make it the only shooter I ever finish without getting sickeningly bored halfway through...and probably the only shooter I'll ever keep. Yes, the gameplay is bland, but its nice and simple for my RPG-wired brain, and the story fascinates me beyond anything RE4 and all its shambling dead people could spark within me. Also, in the visual department, there is no comparison. The FMVs are nearly FFVII:AC quality, and the in-game cutscenes are absolutely amazing...and the character designs pwn RE4's rotted farmer's clothing....

Me <3 DoC all the way :3
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

I am still waiting to play DoC, but from what I have read so far I think that a rental first is in order. As for RE4, it is one of the few games that deserves all of its praise. By far the best 3rd person shooter/action game that I have played. Too bad that its story had little to do with the rest of the series.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel411 View Post
    I bought RE4 after hearing everyone scream at me about how great it was day in and day out for a year. I played it, absolutely loathed it, and traded it back in the next day, which was a horrendous waste of my money. I am no fan of shooters, but I am actually almost through DoC....which will make it the only shooter I ever finish without getting sickeningly bored halfway through...and probably the only shooter I'll ever keep. Yes, the gameplay is bland, but its nice and simple for my RPG-wired brain, and the story fascinates me beyond anything RE4 and all its shambling dead people could spark within me. Also, in the visual department, there is no comparison. The FMVs are nearly FFVII:AC quality, and the in-game cutscenes are absolutely amazing...and the character designs pwn RE4's rotted farmer's clothing....

Me <3 DoC all the way :3
    everyone knows that RE4 doesn't contain any zombies whatsoever.

Yellow Winged Angel

Quote Originally Posted by aerithsloveslave View Post
    I am still waiting to play DoC, but from what I have read so far I think that a rental first is in order. As for RE4, it is one of the few games that deserves all of its praise. By far the best 3rd person shooter/action game that I have played. Too bad that its story had little to do with the rest of the series.
    Oh lets see, shall we?

Umbrella is supposedly gone and leon is going after the daughter of the president. Whilst there, he meets up with ada who turns out, is looking for a sample of the serum leon gets injected with. I mean, who knows? It might have something to do with bringing umbrella back or something else.

*shrugs*.

Played both, and I can't decide, both are cool, but DOC is alot easier than RE4.
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

RE4 to me i much much better then DoC but DoC is still fun and what not its just RE4 is a much more well designed with its shooting elements and stuff. But DoC wins in story graphics and a few other things.

THANKS FEONA17 FOR SUCH A GREAT SIGGY

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz' View Post
    everyone knows that RE4 doesn't contain any zombies whatsoever.
    lol
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Well RE4 does have a more challenging, and complex gameplay aspect to it. So if going for that Id have to say RE4. However, the back story on Vincent does make Dirge an interesting game. In that aspect its hard to compare the two.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

RE4 wins hands down in gameplay, but the story absolutely sucked, so DoC wins on that one.
    RE4 definiely wins on graphics. The all around graphics in RE4 are 10 times better than DoC without the FMVs (and its not like there are many of those). The lighting, shadows etc in RE4 was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    RE4 wins hands down in gameplay, but the story absolutely sucked, so DoC wins on that one.
    RE4 definiely wins on graphics. The all around graphics in RE4 are 10 times better than DoC without the FMVs (and its not like there are many of those). The lighting, shadows etc in RE4 was brilliant.
    I don't think RE's really known for it's plot's anyway. It usally stops at a big compony scrwed up and made a virus that turns people into zombie's, so you now gotta run your ass outa that city .

RE4's story is better, but it still isnt anything special.

Props to Owen Macwere for my kick as* sig

KH Survivor Character- Cloud

This game toatly destroys all other free online rpg''s out there. You have to check this out, it's really fun. Think Ragnorok Online, only free and with less people.http://www.kuyaro.net/

Come on people be realistic here, Dirge of Cerberus may be fun but Resident Evil 4 is a near perfect game. It is my second favorite game all time (behind Final Fantasy 9 and before Final Fantasy 6.

RE4 is far better than Doc. That game pwns. Chyeah I went there
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Resident Evil games are crap and lack story you just have to kill zombies!

I agree Dirge of Cerberus is a better game.