Thread: Is Okami PS2's Zelda

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Default Is Okami PS2's Zelda

I just read a review for Okami a few days ago and it astounded me that they gave it a 9.5/10. With the review it claims that the game plays a lot like The Legend of Zelda instead that you're a wolf goddess. What are all of your opinions on this game for so far that you have seen and heard can it be the PS2 Zelda? It should be coming out soon in September. Discuss.

Yellow Winged Angel

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Answer to topic: Yes. Perhaps not the same brand power that Zelda is to Nintendo, but in terms of game style they are very similar.

Strangely enough, Twilight Princess turns Link into a Wolf. Coincidence? Maybe...

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Strangely enough, Twilight Princess turns Link into a Wolf. Coincidence? Maybe...
    yeah that is weird.

Yellow Winged Angel

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm very much looking forward to this game, it's gorgeously done and is a genuinely interesting concept, especially with the calligraphy brush. I'm definitely looking forward to this game.

yeah could be.. but link owns some wolf :P

Link might own some wolf, but not a wolf goddess XP

The demo was interesting for the little while that I could play it, so I think I might have to buy another PS2 (As Void's taking ours with him when he moves to the dorm) and then buy the game XD

omigosh no unless i was manipulating him

I saw a preview on this game, and it looks pretty interesting. I'd really like to play it one day. I don't know if it's like Zelda or not though.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The play style is like the newer Zelda games, but I would hardly call this the PS2's Zelda. It's a good style for that kind of game, and Zelda doesn't exactly have the copyright on that.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Okami > Zelda.

I wouldn't call it PS2's Zelda at all...since it's totally different and far prettier and more fun to play~

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

havent heard of it....

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Zelda fan here.

ok, the wolf in the story line would be the only similarity (dispite being a very small similarity). as for the "wolf goddess", its the "sun goddess in the form of a wolf". Link doesn't own a Wolf in Twilight Princess, he does turn into a wolf in 'some' parts of the new Zelda game. this info was in SO MANY press releases and articles, some of which were BESIDE articles about Final Fantasy! thank you to those who 'knew' this 'before' posting. now that thats settled moving on to what bugged me.

Quote Originally Posted by aisle_s
    I wouldn't call it PS2's Zelda at all...since it's totally different and far prettier and more fun to play~
    I must admit that it is in its own unique way beautiful, but to state its "far prettier and more fun to play" than Zelda is demeaning:O_O: . you've probably never played the Twilight Princess demo at E3, and thus ASSUMED okami is more fun to play. I however, having not played either, I state that they 'both' look fun and innovative in their own rights.

what you said sir, in my opinion, is 'almost' equal to someone 'who never played Final Fantasy' claiming that 'Katamari Demacy' is way better than FF7 . which is hugely inaccurate, because even though Katamari Demacy is very fun to play and has a very fun atmosphere, FF7 is just plain awesome and anyone whos played both wouldn't compare FF7 to Katamari Demacy because they are incomparable due to the extreme difference in both style and gameplay.:kaodizzy:

besides I'd compare Zelda more to Shadow of Colossus because the story line, although different, holds some strong similarities to some of the games in the series, not just one small detail that isen't even a major facture to gameplay :kaoyatta: (they could have made the sun goddess into human form and you still would have played it, its a wolf due to legend not due to someone picking his nose and saying "I like wolves, they're fluffy").
    Last edited by renoa; 08-24-2006 at 10:44 PM.
    my name is not a typo, its a nickname from my BF, Squall

Think out side the Square!