Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sepiroth thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by f f freak View Post
    That's because for most of the game he was stuck in a crater. Also he doesn't sick his mother on enemies.
    No, he sicks Jenova on his enemys. Why don't use Jenova's body to FIGHT? During half the game Sephiroth controlled her body, but everytime that he have to fight, he throw a piece of the body to fight for him, and run away. And in the Northern Crater, when he don't need the body anymore, his mind just go out of her body(he run away again), and you have to fight against Jenova. Then, in the second half of the game, he is hiding in the NC, protected by a barrier.
    Like i said before, Sephiroth becomed a coward.

PS: Belive me, i'm not bashing Sephiroth. Hell, i even like the fact that he was using more of his head, instead of his muscles, during the game. But you have to admit that he is a little coward.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal
    No, he sicks Jenova on his enemys. Why don't use Jenova's body to FIGHT?
    Umm you fight Jenova's body.

During half the game Sephiroth controlled her body, but everytime that he have to fight, he throw a piece of the body to fight for him, and run away.
    Yes he controlled her from the northern crater. So therefore you fight Jenova who had changed her body to look like Sephiroth's.

Then, in the second half of the game, he is hiding in the NC, protected by a energy shield.
    That is because he is using his energy to stop Holy from working. And he needs to make sure no one can interfere with his plans.

Yes he controlled her from the northern crater. So therefore you fight Jenova who had changed her body to look like Sephiroth's.
    Exactly. You fight Jenova. But why you never fight against Sephiroth using Jenova's body? I mean, her body and his mind. In the fights against Jenova, you are fighting only against Jenova(her body and her mind), because Sephiroth already run away.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post

Exactly. You fight Jenova. But why you never fight against Sephiroth using Jenova's body? I mean, her body and his mind. In the fights against Jenova, you are fighting only against Jenova(her body and her mind), because Sephiroth already run away.
    DUH! Thats the whole point of sicking Jenova on you so while your busy fighting her/him/it? He gets to get away but more importantly not be distracted by you and continue his plan. That wasn't cowardice.... its not like he even wanted Jenova to kill you.

Oh so you can't take Kefka seriously? I mean Kefka was definetly on at least the verge of insanity. And he poisoned a castle, Killed a general and the Emperor. I take both of them seriously.
    Forgive me, but I have no idea who you're talking about. FF7 is the only FF game I've played so far. And I did say that Sephiroth was cunningly insane, so I'm not calling him an idiot, or anything. And when I say serious, I mean, how can you factor someones insanity into their 'coolness' and take it seriously? I mean, come on, insanity is cool? Please.

That's because for most of the game he was stuck in a crater. Also he doesn't sick his mother on enemies. As far as I know Lucrecia was in a cave.
    You know what I mean. I'm talking about Jenova, whom he refers to as 'mother' throughout the game. Stop dodging.

I'm sorry but have you actually played this game. He has a whole frickin master plan and the best part is that his master plan won't result in suicide because if you play the game you'll know that he intends to make a wound in the planet large enough for all of the lifestream have to come together to heal it. And guess who will be stood there when the lifestream arrive. Sephiroth. His plan never had anything to do with suicide. He had it all planned out. From getting Jenova to kill Aeris to having Cloud give him the black materia.
    Yeah, I see, destroy the world you're on to become godly. Sure that makes a WHOLE lot of sense. -_- Gimme a break. Everyone knows that Meteor would have destroyed the world and if not, every living thing would have been killed. ('Nuclear winter' ring a bell?) But Sephiroth, in his insanity, was so intent on gaining power to 'take back' the world he was willing to go to any extreme to gain the neccessary power. Even if this meant wiping out the world and/or all life. So actually, yes it was a suicide attempt. Not neccissarily an intentional one, but it was suicidal nonetheless.
    And it seemed to me that going on this whole quest was not planned out. In fact, it seemed like a spur of the moment decision to me. He did not plan for Cloud to go multiple-personality or to have a flower girl from the slums of Midgar creamed. Every thing just seemed to fall into place and he manipulated the others into doing things to benefit him.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Mage View Post
    Oh so you can't take Kefka seriously? I mean Kefka was definetly on at least the verge of insanity. And he poisoned a castle, Killed a general and the Emperor. I take both of them seriously.
    Forgive me, but I have no idea who you're talking about. FF7 is the only FF game I've played so far. And I did say that Sephiroth was cunningly insane, so I'm not calling him an idiot, or anything. And when I say serious, I mean, how can you factor someones insanity into their 'coolness' and take it seriously? I mean, come on, insanity is cool? Please.

That's because for most of the game he was stuck in a crater. Also he doesn't sick his mother on enemies. As far as I know Lucrecia was in a cave.
    You know what I mean. I'm talking about Jenova, whom he refers to as 'mother' throughout the game. Stop dodging.

I'm sorry but have you actually played this game. He has a whole frickin master plan and the best part is that his master plan won't result in suicide because if you play the game you'll know that he intends to make a wound in the planet large enough for all of the lifestream have to come together to heal it. And guess who will be stood there when the lifestream arrive. Sephiroth. His plan never had anything to do with suicide. He had it all planned out. From getting Jenova to kill Aeris to having Cloud give him the black materia.
    Yeah, I see, destroy the world you're on to become godly. Sure that makes a WHOLE lot of sense. -_- Gimme a break. Everyone knows that Meteor would have destroyed the world and if not, every living thing would have been killed. ('Nuclear winter' ring a bell?) But Sephiroth, in his insanity, was so intent on gaining power to 'take back' the world he was willing to go to any extreme to gain the neccessary power. Even if this meant wiping out the world and/or all life. So actually, yes it was a suicide attempt. Not neccissarily an intentional one, but it was suicidal nonetheless.
    And it seemed to me that going on this whole quest was not planned out. In fact, it seemed like a spur of the moment decision to me. He did not plan for Cloud to go multiple-personality or to have a flower girl from the slums of Midgar creamed. Every thing just seemed to fall into place and he manipulated the others into doing things to benefit him.
    What you have to understand is that prior to FF7, the main villains of Final Fantasy (X-Death/Kefka) simply wanted to bring all existence into non-existence, for no apparent reason. So in '97, it seemed like Sephiroth was the deepest main villain of all time, because it was such a huge jump in storytelling in videogames.

Also, Sephiroth never had his "mother" fight Cloud & friends and then run away; he was asleep during the entire first disc in the northern crator in the pod you see when it all collapses. "1" was the only clone strong enough for "Sephiroth's Will" to control.

About him killing Aeris, that scene now seems to me as paying homage to when Setzer jumped down to the stage of the theater to claim Celes. except he rammed the musamune into her back...

The name Sephiroth also (more than an actual entity) has more to do with the whole Jewish religious basis of the storyline, for Cloud to achieve complete consciousness of himself, he had to "follow the path of the Sephiroth". You'd have to read Squall_of_SeeD 's stuff to get it.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sephiroth was indeed, controlling Jenova's body from the Northern Crater.

Just read the UOG guide.

Default Sephiroth..HIM

sephiroth is one of the best villans because he has a ritious cause. he wanst a villan at first and in his mind he still isnt. hes a rebel with a cause and to him the planent witch robbed his dear mother, Jenova, witch is the only one he has come to know, if that makes sence. so i think that hes willing to take out a hole planet to be with mother and finish what she started, so hes a G.

Quite possibly the best game ever made...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...There's not a thing I don't cherish.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Speaking of which...

Sephiroth: I love you mommy!

Jenova-SYNTHESIS: I love you too, son.

*Jenova hugs Sephiroth with its tentacles.*

It isn't so funny...but it's been in my head all day long. xD

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Sephiroth was a lot more interesting in the first half of the game, when everyone spoke reverently about what a godly soldier he was, and then a series of gruesome incidents began occurring that were attributed to him either by eyewitness accounts or the sheer brutality of their execution, although he always remained out of sight. The trail of blood, the President found slumped on his desk with a sword in his back, the Midgardsorm impaled messily on a tree, the slaying of the cargo ship crew leading up to his ghostly first appearance... This was all great stuff, imbued with a sense of mystery and creeping horror that was gradually eroded as the story progressed and you began to find out what his whole deal actually was.

Sephiroth looks like a nerd? what the hells wrong with you. Coward? hell no, It was him against the world. He used Jenova to fight for him because they were unworthy to face the Godly Sephiroth. The slaughtering of the Shinra headquaters was awesome, so was the impaled snake. Sephiroth is by far the greatest villain so far in the FF series, looks, personality everything. And his the most popular villain too.
    finished: ff3ds, ff4,ff5, ff7,ff8,ff9,ff10,ff tactics and advance

What you have to understand is that prior to FF7, the main villains of Final Fantasy (X-Death/Kefka) simply wanted to bring all existence into non-existence, for no apparent reason. So in '97, it seemed like Sephiroth was the deepest main villain of all time, because it was such a huge jump in storytelling in videogames.
    I see. Thank you for the explaination. I can see why people would like Sephiroth so much because he had a plan other than classic 'destroy the world'. Understandable.
    But what I don't get is why everyone goes on about how awesome he is in every single way. It's gay; really, it is. This is what I'm arguing about.

Also, Sephiroth never had his "mother" fight Cloud & friends and then run away; he was asleep during the entire first disc in the northern crator in the pod you see when it all collapses.
    Then what are all those Jenova battles? And I never said he ran away. Just that when you get your mommy to fight your own battles, that's pretty sad, and of all things, it is not cool.

He used Jenova to fight for him because they were unworthy to face the Godly Sephiroth.
    Some how, I knew that this reasoning would come up. It wasn't because 'they' were unworthy; it was for the story line. It's a classic cliche, where you defeat the ultimate bad guy at the end and win. That's why you never fought him until the end. Sory line, plain and simple.

I like Sephiroth. I could come up with a list of reasons to justify it, but I don't see why I should I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    i think sephiroth was kinda cool...he was so powerful in his early days. just because he did an evil thing by sneak attacking a girl who can't fight her way out of a wet paper bag doesn't make him a wuss, it makes him evil.
    I love you.

Ball of Pure being sephirothishere's Avatar

sephiroth kicks major ass.....he was more interesting in the earlier parts of the game when you didnt know anything about him....at first he scared the b'jesus outta me...but then i played through the game a second time and was like thats cool....so?.....ya know what i mean