Thread: equippting the great bow on cecil

Default equippting the great bow on cecil

so how do you do it?

epuipting the great bow on cecil? i'm trying to fight in the cave that makes metals heavy...and a walkthrough told me to equipt cecil with a great bow and arrows...and it wont let me

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Wrong forum. This is for the NES version of FF2. The SNES "FF2" is actually "FF4", renamed for the US on it's first release. Since it was rereleased on the PSX, it's since been known by FF4.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I find it hilarious that people still call it FF2 these days..

To answer your question however, have you tried unequipping both his word and shield first? Also, be sure to equip the bow in his left hand, and arrows in the right..

Quote Originally Posted by Reine View Post
    I find it hilarious that people still call it FF2 these days..

To answer your question however, have you tried unequipping both his word and shield first? Also, be sure to equip the bow in his left hand, and arrows in the right..
    Or you could be like me and do it the other way and totally reduce Cecil's attack on accident. :rolleyes2 Trust me, you don't want to make the same mistake that I made.

It's best to just go unequipped through the cave until the end. Whenever you see an enemy run like hell. With no metal items and Tellah only having 90MP you're not going to be able to get through.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

It's really not hard to have most of your party available throughout most of the cave. Simply equip crappy wooden/leather armor, Tellah has staves, Yang has claws, and Cid has the Wooden Wrench/Hammer. Cecil can either be paralyzed or use a bow or staff or something. However, it's really unnecessary. I usually just run from every battle.
    Sigless

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You need to unequip all other weapons/shields. And be sure to put the arrows in the dominant hand.

Like Rengori said, just don't bother fighting. Tellah's only a weak old man*. Just run from most battles.

(SPOILER)After the magnetic field is lifted, you can just slaughter the enemies with your nice shiny metallic weapons.

Remember, wear Ruby Rings and Feathered Hats if you really want protection. Yang's claws are unaffected by the magnetic field.

*Just wait until you meet Mr. Moon Mop...

Yes, they are on the SNES. But before FFIV was released in America as FFII you had Japan's FFII (Later released in America as FFII when FFIV was rereleased in America as it's original name) which is a completely different game.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?