Thread: So..

Default So..

.. doea anyone know of a good program to use for recovery after a reformat? (By good I eamn that it works and si free)

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

What kind of format was this? Low-level (over-writing data with 0's and 1's)? Or quick format (which basically clears the partition table disallowing the OS from seeing the data still on the drive)? With the latter it's possible to recover data as long as you haven't been accessing the drive a lot which would cause old data to be overwritten by new data. With the former it's not possible since the data has been completely overwritten.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    What kind of format was this? Low-level (over-writing data with 0's and 1's)? Or quick format (which basically clears the partition table disallowing the OS from seeing the data still on the drive)? With the latter it's possible to recover data as long as you haven't been accessing the drive a lot which would cause old data to be overwritten by new data. With the former it's not possible since the data has been completely overwritten.
    Ive got no idea, but I think it would be the latter, I was told by the company that did the formating that as long as the harddrive ahdnt been replaced it was recoverable.