Thread: Boobs

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by mobiletype View Post
    I played it in HMV during winter and I found it hard. Certainly not to my taste
    If you're playing against the CPU and you're button mashing, chances are it would be hard. The CPU 'learns' what moves you tend to use a lot and will use reversals with nearly psychic speed and accuracy. Some people think it's cheap, but it really isn't. If you become predictable, you will get reversed.
    I thought it was cheap at first, then one time I was playing I stopped my combo short to see how Alpha 152 (the boss) would react. She whiffed a reversal, guessing how I would complete my combo. So it's not cheap, it just makes it very difficult to use the same techniques over and over.

DOA is one big Rock-Paper-Scissors game--moreso than most other fighters. If you keep doing Rock attacks, you'll be Papered into oblivion. Mix it up with a Scissors or a Paper however, and you stand a better chance of surviving.

lol cpu

i never liked dead or alive much.. its really a basic fighting game.. tekken or soul calibur are much better

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Wow so much more subtlety then I gave it credit for
    Last edited by Bart's Friend Milhouse; 08-23-2006 at 02:33 PM.
    ...Geddit?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
    lol cpu

i never liked dead or alive much.. its really a basic fighting game.. tekken or soul calibur are much better
    Tekken and Soul Calibur are in a league of their own. Virtua Fighter stands above them as its own solitary league, the pinnacle of 3D fighting games. Comparing any other 3D game to these 3 fighters is pretty harsh.

That said, I would say DOA stands near, if not *on* the top of 'the rest of the fighters'. It's no longer a basic game as there is quite a bit of depth in it. Play Bloody Roar or the 3D Mortal Kombat games and you'll notice a clear difference in depth.

One of the things that I really like about DOA is the reversal hold system. Similar to Soul Calibur's Guard Impact, every single character in the game can do it and it's the exact same commands. Tekken has its universal low parry, but it's limited to just low attacks. Characters in VF and Tekken have reversal, but usually it's select characters and the commands are all different. DOA works great as a 'pick-up-and-play' game once you learn the basics of the game system and the reversal system, unlike a VF where you'd have to learn a particular character's moves before being able to do reversals like that. Not that it's a bad thing--VF is definitely a more serious game that would warrant that.

DOA is becoming more recognized as one of the better fighters of the 'rest of the bunch'. There was even a DOA4 division at EVO this year, which is the most prestigious Tournament event in the 'States.

Quote Originally Posted by Shout View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by link31793 View Post
    im godly in that game. i like using the ninja guy, or the girl in blue or the karate guy.
    Go online say that and come back.
    cant. dont have xbox 360. dont have onlin eplay. is online play free?
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

No.

to poor to play online then.

60 dollars for a year's subscription + headset plus 20 dollar discount. They are really stealing all of your money
    Active after a year? ZOMG.

But yeah when i DID post a year ago I was an ass to everyone. So sorry about that. You can totally tell I used to think i was "gangsta" just by my name. Boy have I changed.

The thread name is perfect, though. I will say that much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix
    DOA is becoming more recognized as one of the better fighters of the 'rest of the bunch'. There was even a DOA4 division at EVO this year, which is the most prestigious Tournament event in the 'States.
    We'll probably find that when Tekken and Soul Calibur get online that DoA wouldn't be able to match it. But that's probably because the Namco fighters have had a huge arcade base for years and years. DoA, in my opinion, does deserve to be considered top tier among 3D fighters. What I love about the game is the speed of it. Compared to Tekken, the mix-ups you do come out a helluva lot faster and in many cases, it's impossible to pick up until it's too late (I reversal whiff a lot ) so you just can't guess where a move's going to hit you, you have to know and you can only achieve this by learning the characters and knowing your opponent (though this is true too for Tekken. I'm just saying in Tekken, you can more often than not tell whether the next move in a string is going to hit high, mid or low depending on how the opponent is coming at you whereas in DoA, it happens too fast for you catch it as easily.)

I wish I had a 360 for this game.

Ein's was my favourite character from DoA2 (the only one I have). ^^

Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness View Post
    The thread name is perfect, though. I will say that much.

I like DOA4 a lot. Havent played online though, not enough time for xbox live.

Boobs? I think I need graphical representation.

The outfit is pretty conservative if you ask me.

I am purchasing this game on the sole reason of...that above image.