Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thorn's Signatures

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

I know that the common 'border' for new sig people is to use stroke in paintshop. GIMP does have a stroke feature... though I don't know if it can be used in the same way as in photoshop.... Heck I am working on a new sig so I will just try that sometime while working on it and get back. Unless of course you are talking about another type of border.

Edit-- Alright I looked at it in a test. It isn't really any different then a photoshop stroke border. Just increase the canvas size by 2 pixels in width and height(or more if you want a wider border). Make sure you sig is centered on the canvas, then use the magic wand to select your sig(make sure it doesn't select transparant areas) and then stroke it however you wish.
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 08-24-2006 at 08:04 AM.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Your sigs are amazing! keep it up i'm looking forward to seeing more of them!
    First you broke my heart...
    then you just had to step on it.
    </3

This is quite good if I may say so myself. I've used your border advice Fiona and Shun. I tried out this resizing theory, seemed to work. But didnt get too into it. Just a standard black border. Ill do some more later.

Cheers.

EDIT- Thanks Yunas. (didn't see ya msg) But theyre hardly amazing. Im probally ranked like 694th on the forum at the moment.lol. Gotta improve.

Yays, you are here!!!.
    I like this last oen verymuch, your work is amazing you just started but you make very good sigs, I like them all, but my fav by far is the abstract, rendrless on in the first post, awesome job, keep up your great work, you will improve fast.

And you are right, I do like spiderman.
    Last edited by Owen Macwere; 08-24-2006 at 12:46 PM.
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

This one is from my favourite NON square enix RPG. Star Ocean - Second story. I've taken my 3 fav characters, claude, rena and dias and put them in a semi collage. Though the color green isnt associated much with the game, I thought it was best for the sig.

I can make better, but before I go to bed, ill spit this out.

i thought star ocean was square enix lol you'll catch up to the 'godlike' owen soon enough.. go for quality not speed, there's no point making hundreds of signatures if they're all 'okay' :P and good work gimp is really annoying to use to me.. although im used to photoshop so.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
    i thought star ocean was square enix lol you'll catch up to the 'godlike' owen soon enough.. go for quality not speed, there's no point making hundreds of signatures if they're all 'okay' :P and good work gimp is really annoying to use to me.. although im used to photoshop so.. :P
    You're probally thinking of Breath of Fire. Often mistaken for eachother. Similiar games I guess.

Yeh your probally right, lately ive used like 12/14 sigs ive completed. I only scrapped 2. A couple of the sigs above did not deserve to be posted.

From now on ill only post my best.

They are great Thorn, love them. I really like that last one, I like Star Ocean too.

That green one has shocked me Thorn, I don't seem to know how to work with Gimp, but you are very good at these, and yes, go for speed.
    Last edited by Owen Macwere; 08-25-2006 at 06:22 PM.
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

Wow, huge improvement there. I love the Twin Snakes, Vincent and the black and white woman ones. Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
    You're probally thinking of Breath of Fire. Often mistaken for eachother. Similiar games I guess.

Yeh your probally right, lately ive used like 12/14 sigs ive completed. I only scrapped 2. A couple of the sigs above did not deserve to be posted.

From now on ill only post my best.
    nope i meant star ocean till the end of time on ps2

I like this one . The only thing that feels off about it is the text. Though that may be purely because I am used to trying to blend the text alot myself[that or the fact that I try to avoid putting the text on top of my renders]. I was going to say that perhaps star ocean being verticle on the right side(going down) would be better.... however, I can't figure out verticle text in GIMP(cept rotating the text layer[which wasn't the type of verticle I was meaning] or trying to line it up one letter at a time...).

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Thanks everyone. Your reviews encourage me to make more. Cheers.

Yeh Shun. I'm also often discouraged to put text on renders. But I just NEEDED text to sort've like...advertise one of my favourite games. I like it's unblendedness, but sometimes I do blend text.

Anyway heres my latest one, made it for my sister.

I aint a big fan of shirely manson but I actually like this a bit. Though the left renzer is a tad small. Ah well.

Thanks everyone. Your reviews encourage me to make more. Cheers.

Yeh Shun. I'm also often discouraged to put text on renders. But I just NEEDED text to sort've like...advertise one of my favourite games. I like it's unblendedness, but sometimes I do blend text.

Anyway heres my latest one, made it for my sister.

I aint a big fan of shirely manson but I actually like this a bit. Though the left renzer is a tad small. Ah well.
    so cool sigs,
    how do you download GIMP? i tryed and it said it can't work
    Offline/Online

The one you made for you sister is real neat . Though I do agree with you on the left render. However, it isn't like it really hurts it.

As for downloading and installing GIMP.

1)Go to http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html.
    2)Depending on your version of windows download the appropriate Runtime Package.
    3)Download "The Gimp For Windows" on that page.
    4)Unzip the Runtime enviroment(gtk+-2.8.18-setup-1.zip or gtk+-2.6.10-20050823-setup.zip depending on your version of windows) and the Gimp installer(gimp-2.2.13-i586-setup-1.zip).
    5)Once unzipped install the Runtime enviroment first(gtk+-2.8.18-setup-1.exe or gtk+-2.6.10-20050823-setup.exe).
    6)Install the gimp(gimp-2.2.13-i586-setup-1.exe).