Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thorn's Signatures

Itd be even better if I had green goblin. But I simply couldn't find a good enough picture. So that doctor guy from spiderman can go in. Cause hes got a green cloak. (lmao)

Erm...pretty simply, tried a border, it's pretty lame, but looked good wen I first made it. Now that I look at it, im a bit "hmmmm" but too late now. Couldn't find room for text so I didnt bother.

EDIT - almost forgot to mention Vinnie's minnie. He made this background here and i'd like to give him full credit for it. Thanks pal.
    Last edited by Thorn; 08-26-2006 at 09:09 AM.

I think it is a col sig Thorn, And the golden one has neat blending, go on in your good job.
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

It is indeed a good sig. And I agree Trying to force text into it would be bad.

As for the border. It ain't too bad, though I am sure you can do better . At the least you tried something different.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

With the wolverine one. I think its ok. I would've liked to include some text, but i've learnt that that isn't always possible.

The squall and zack one isnt as good I dont think. The text is semi corny, and insignificant. Though I like its font. As for the squares, I think theyre a bit distracting. But this is what I got.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

With the wolverine one. I think its ok. I would've liked to include some text, but i've learnt that that isn't always possible.
    The Wolverine one is definately ok. And I agree, putting text into it could be problematic to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn
    The squall and zack one isnt as good I dont think. The text is semi corny, and insignificant. Though I like its font. As for the squares, I think theyre a bit distracting. But this is what I got.
    I agree on all accounts . Though I will add I think the background is bit plain.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

I was aiming for it to be plainish. Simplicity can be very powerful sometimes. But I guess the customers are always right (though this is hardly a shop, but you know what I mean).

This sig is built mainly on the render. No real blending or effects. The quality has definatley been reduced upon uploading. Is there a particular file I should save them as? I always save as bmp. Anyway I like it, downloaded about 50 more texts. They'll come in handy.

I'll have a larger showcase tommorrow, feel a bit dodgy just producing one after two days. Been busy.

Thankyou.

EDIT - My weakness is cutting of renders. It's late. I think I missed a few little cranies.

Hey those are real good Thorn! You made use of my background, well done on it. Very good on all of these. I like them. Can't wait for more from you Thorn.

P.S:...Um...I'm not a he Thorn...I'm most certainly female...not that I mind, just so you know.

I'm really sorry.Lmao. What is this? the 3rd time ive mistaken a girl for a guy on this forum? It's not my fault damnit! All the other gaming forums have like 85% males. Perhaps FF is different.

Anyway thanks for your kind words vinnie. They're taken on board.

Just out've interest. Will you be entering the Owen comp? I know its early, but i've watched each round as judge. And now I wanna compete! I dropped out've last round. This time ill enter, and WIN!..................the 'crappest sig' award

I like the aquares in te Squall and Zack one, though yes the BG is plain.
    the other one, is cool like the BG, and the brown is nice, you just need to work on the blending though you said you didn't care about it.
    you are going all along a right way, nice products man.
    for best qualities use Png to save the files, byt png is most of the time is a file size large. I don't know if gimp saves as png or no.
    cool work.

The crapest sig award, Lol. I am sure you'd win something, dude.
    I <3 you Polaris

I'm sure you would be great Thorn and don't worry about it, I just thought I should tell you. Not sure if I'll enter it or not, looks pretty cool though. I'll think about it.

Thorn-o, love the Wolverine one. Are you sure you just started getting into sig making?

Started about 8 days ago and having alot of fun. I learnt alot by watching others. This is about the only forum I come to these days.

(Getting tired of the ff7 polls 'tifa or aeris' and ect.)

Png ay? Ill try that out. Currently using bmp, and that sig was like 5x better on my program, till I uploaded it.

EDIT -

yeh png seems to have made little difference. This ok I guess. THe lightning is a little corny, but i lowered its opacity to make it less bold. There were no good body shots of batman, so had to use two similar renders. Oh and that square thingy is a technique I saw owen use. Just letting you know.
    Last edited by Thorn; 08-29-2006 at 07:14 AM.

Cool!!! I like it Thorn, but work alittle more on the belding and you should be ok!.
    Let's see the thunder is quiet great, but if you have made it electric blue it would have looked cooler, yellow stand out wierd here.
    And these squares I use are brushs, nothing creative.

Good that you are having fun, that's why I make sigs and it is better than working to be the best, work to have fun not to be the best.

PS: This is the longest post I ever made, so be honored.
    I <3 you Polaris

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Macwere View Post
    Cool!!! I like it Thorn, but work alittle more on the belding and you should be ok!.
    Let's see the thunder is quiet great, but if you have made it electric blue it would have looked cooler, yellow stand out wierd here.
    And these squares I use are brushs, nothing creative.

Good that you are having fun, that's why I make sigs and it is better than working to be the best, work to have fun not to be the best.

PS: This is the longest post I ever made, so be honored.
    Lmao! It is too now that I think about it. And I am truly honored. I made the thunder yellow because its associated with batman (theres yellow on his clothes).

AHh g2g..ill edit more later. ty

Yay!! can't wait to see what you might show us.
    I <3 you Polaris