Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfffan View Post
    but the game play
    Thats total bull,
    A. How would you know that if you never played them huh?
    B. That is untrue, I've enjoyed FFV's battle system much more then seven's which was actually rather plain (all seven did was introduce limits)
    FFIV (The hard type version) Is proving to be dare I say it difficult if you don't level up much unlike many of the new games, making it fun because you have to use strategy *gasp*!

the graphics
    Graphics are all relative to the time of the release of the game, when the FF's came out they pushed the limit of graphics so at the time* the FF's graphics where amazing for that time period, and before you bring this up the sound was consider out of this world considering the time and avalible technology.

*Again graphics are relative so graphics can only be measured by how they where at the time.

and the way the story is explained
    Where did you get this from? I found that FFIV's story needed very little after game explaination (as in none) the way it was presented was extrodinary(excuse the spelling I just woke up), in fact not only is FFIV's story better then VIII's it is much easier to understand as the story unfolds, not because of simplicity, because of the way it was shown to you.

but I know what your saying you love them because they were the first ones you played
    Actually the order I played my games where IX, VII, VIII, X then IV, (more then that I don't feel like listing). But I was impressed to no end to IV's storyline, I loved it dispite playing VII, and VIII and X first (I don't mention IX cause thats my favorite).

You are to quick to assume things about the orginals, and about me.

I respect that its like with 8 ,people slag that of and it annoys me.
    We don't slag, you are naming things about games you have never played we telling you our opinions, along with some facts (such as at the time *whatever I wrote up there) and you are taking it as slag.

Banned

The originals were the stepping point for the future games like 7, 8, 9 and X but comparing the originals to these games is mad they have great stories but the game play the graphics and the way the story is explained is lacking compared to 7,8,9 and X but I know what your saying you love them because they were the first ones you played and I respect that its like with 8 ,people slag that of and it annoys me.

How is it "mad"? The "New" games are BASED UPON THE OLD GAMES!

And again... You're just admitting that you're an eye-candy hoar. You can't compare graphics to their story-tellling.

It's not because they were just the 'first' ones. It's because people have taken to gloriifying graphics over story. FFVIII was a poorly executed story and people who took this as their first or second Final Fantasy claim it the "BEST OF ALL FINAL FANTASIES"... And that's just biased, stupid, and arrogant. Now, stating this in the clear form of opinion... That's another thing.

"Happiness without a past, is happiness without a future."

You gotta understand, Chris... A lot of the Final Fantasy that you're defending is based upon the Final Fantasy of the past, just with pretty FMVs.

I mean, c'mon, admit it... If it were'n't for the graphics and FMVs you would NEVER play a Final Fantasy, would you? Uh-huh... I thought so.

Bottom line, you have to give respect to your elders. You have to respect the rungs of the ladder that brought you this far... You might find it fun to go backwards in the FF trilogy and find where CID first appeared... When the Masamune and Murasame came from... And more and more...

Don't knock it until you try it... You gotta look beyond graphics and pretty colors. Because in the end, just like at the end of good movie... Only your memory and imagination are left...

Till next time...

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Whose being hard on him now ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboco View Post
    but the game play
    Thats total bull,
    A. How would you know that if you never played them huh?
    B. That is untrue, I've enjoyed FFV's battle system much more then seven's which was actually rather plain (all seven did was introduce limits)
    FFIV (The hard type version) Is proving to be dare I say it difficult if you don't level up much unlike many of the new games, making it fun because you have to use strategy *gasp*!

the graphics
    Graphics are all relative to the time of the release of the game, when the FF's came out they pushed the limit of graphics so at the time* the FF's graphics where amazing for that time period, and before you bring this up the sound was consider out of this world considering the time and avalible technology.

*Again graphics are relative so graphics can only be measured by how they where at the time.

and the way the story is explained
    Where did you get this from? I found that FFIV's story needed very little after game explaination (as in none) the way it was presented was extrodinary(excuse the spelling I just woke up), in fact not only is FFIV's story better then VIII's it is much easier to understand as the story unfolds, not because of simplicity, because of the way it was shown to you.

but I know what your saying you love them because they were the first ones you played
    Actually the order I played my games where IX, VII, VIII, X then IV, (more then that I don't feel like listing). But I was impressed to no end to IV's storyline, I loved it dispite playing VII, and VIII and X first (I don't mention IX cause thats my favorite).

You are to quick to assume things about the orginals, and about me.

I respect that its like with 8 ,people slag that of and it annoys me.
    We don't slag, you are naming things about games you have never played we telling you our opinions, along with some facts (such as at the time *whatever I wrote up there) and you are taking it as slag.
    I calmed down...

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoh Amon Khan III View Post
    The originals were the stepping point for the future games like 7, 8, 9 and X but comparing the originals to these games is mad they have great stories but the game play the graphics and the way the story is explained is lacking compared to 7,8,9 and X but I know what your saying you love them because they were the first ones you played and I respect that its like with 8 ,people slag that of and it annoys me.

How is it "mad"? The "New" games are BASED UPON THE OLD GAMES!

And again... You're just admitting that you're an eye-candy hoar. You can't compare graphics to their story-tellling.

It's not because they were just the 'first' ones. It's because people have taken to gloriifying graphics over story. FFVIII was a poorly executed story and people who took this as their first or second Final Fantasy claim it the "BEST OF ALL FINAL FANTASIES"... And that's just biased, stupid, and arrogant. Now, stating this in the clear form of opinion... That's another thing.

"Happiness without a past, is happiness without a future."

You gotta understand, Chris... A lot of the Final Fantasy that you're defending is based upon the Final Fantasy of the past, just with pretty FMVs.

I mean, c'mon, admit it... If it were'n't for the graphics and FMVs you would NEVER play a Final Fantasy, would you? Uh-huh... I thought so.

Bottom line, you have to give respect to your elders. You have to respect the rungs of the ladder that brought you this far... You might find it fun to go backwards in the FF trilogy and find where CID first appeared... When the Masamune and Murasame came from... And more and more...

Don't knock it until you try it... You gotta look beyond graphics and pretty colors. Because in the end, just like at the end of good movie... Only your memory and imagination are left...

Till next time...
    You got pissed!

Don't you think you went abit too far?

Default chill with the still

yea take a chill pill!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

As for you... he had a point! Read our posts, if you read them give more feedback then

yea take a chill pill!
    You are acting like a n00b.

Default explain

Your very biased and the only thing you have said that is better about the old games is the stories but they couldn’t have been that good explain one of them to me?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Your very biased and the only thing you have said that is better about the old games is the stories but they couldn’t have been that good explain one of them to me?
    Biased? Your the one judging things that you haven't played. I refuse to write an entire storyline (ruining it for you and others) plus I also mentioned more then story....

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboco

That is untrue, I've enjoyed FFV's battle system much more then seven's which was actually rather plain (all seven did was introduce limits)
    You aren't actually reading the posts. Your just continually saying we're being biased, The new ones are supreme, and we aren't mentioning enough.

I have to say that after I played IX and V, I changed my mind about VIII... FF8 had a great potential and a great story, but it was so badly executed and had so many boring moments if compared to IX () Not saying it sucks, Square still has to do a FF that sucks, but it's certainly not the best.

It....looks like....you guys are having...uhm....how should I say it......yes! Cold Debate! Don't you think CK will fly to you?

I don't think we need to discuss this, as they are no best Final Fantasy and they are no worst Final Fantasy, all of them are equal. If you still want it, Final Fantasy XII will take the Best Final Fantasy (Square commented that FFXII was their best work).

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Banned

Okay... Chris... Read back over what you said: ... "couldn't"...

Yeah, that's right... You're blatantly indicating that you HAVEN'T played the previous Final Fantasies that we've mentioned...

Dude, look, all we're saying is that it just doesn't seem fair that you're placing FFVIII on a pedestal when you haven't given recognition to the foundations of that pedestal. It's just wrong. It's disrespectful.

You have to understand, you're a Nu-Gen, a 2nd Gen. One of those of countless others that were introduced to Final Fantasy via FFVII and nothing else mostly because of the sole purpose of "Pretty FMVs"...

Now I must admit there of some Nu-Gens that, coupled with the re-versions of the GBA, that have played the first Gen. And I respect them for that wholly,... Or "Holy"... heh heh...

(ahem) Anyway,... It's kinda like WWII verterans chastizing youngers.

It's kinda like fansubbers telling off Americans that saw DBZ 10 years late and suddenly getting into DBZ but refuse to listen to the original Japanese dialouge, especially because Goku, doesn't sound to their liking... Trust me... Give Goku as listen for a while and you'll WISH the American version sounded off with his emotion in his voice.

You gotta give things a chance Chris... C'mon... Go down to the video game store... Gamespot or whatever... Looking in the PS1 and GBA sections and see FFIV, FFI/II, ect.

Give 'em a chance.

P.S. I heard that FFIII sucked in Japan, but I'm still gonna give it a shot A.S.A.P.!!!!

Till next time kiddles... This PAK saying: MOMMY PUT THE KIDS TO BED AND... ... UH... PUT ON THAT "THING" I GOT YOU FOR CHRISTMAS!!! DADDY'S HOME!!!!

Default 7 has the best story

if u are judging the game just by the story you have to give it to final fantasy 7 but I don’t think a game should be judged just by the story theirs other elements to it like the gamplay the way its put together and YES the graphics.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

if u are judging the game just by the story you have to give it to final fantasy 7 but I don’t think a game should be judged just by the story theirs other elements to it like the gamplay the way its put together and YES the graphics.
    BITE YOUR TONGUE!
    VII didn't have the best story.

Order of important qualities...
    Gameplay then, Story, then graphics.

Default i know what your gona say!

i know what you are goin to say i havent played the first ones but the story would have to amazing to beat 7 thats why i wantead you to explain it i dont think many people have on this forum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The story in FFIV was simple stunning, it took characters and showed how fragile they could be, showed that there is evil in even the purest.

The story began with Cecil as a murderus dark knight and ended with him as a Pure Paladin.

More then that and I am ruining a great game.
    Like Pharoh said(but alittle blunter), shut up, go to your local game place, buy Final Fantasy Cronicles, and Anthology, do not think about how "This game can't be any better then these" while playing them, and then think.

Chris asking us to explain them is stupid. Even if I gave you the most detailed touching storyline, you want to believe it isn't as good therefore you'd say FFVII is better.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah this thread has had its day. Is it that much of a challenge not to get personal?