Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Final Fantasy?

FFIX was the best, sorry guys. :rolleyes2

In my opinion, there is no FF that is the ultimate best in every category. I would say that:

FFVII has the "best" story and the "best" characters.
    FFX-2 has the "best" battle system.
    FFIX has the "best" theme. It's actually happy and joyful.
    FFX is the traditional FF with the "best" graphics, so far. X-2 and XI aren't traditional FFs and XII isn't out in anywhere but Japan yet.

FFVII would probably be the best if the graphics weren't so sucky and there weren't so many grammar errors in it. An FFVII remake with PS3 graphics, completely fixed dialogue and grammar would probably be the best game the world has ever seen. ._.

And about FFVIII, I think that the junction system is the worst system in all the FFs I've ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflagration View Post
    In my opinion, there is no FF that is the ultimate best in every category. I would say that:

FFX is the traditional FF with the "best" graphics, so far. X-2 and XI aren't traditional FFs and XII isn't out in anywhere but Japan yet.

FFVII would probably be the best if the graphics weren't so sucky and there weren't so many grammar errors in it. An FFVII remake with PS3 graphics, completely fixed dialogue and grammar would probably be the best game the world has ever seen. ._.

And about FFVIII, I think that the junction system is the worst system in all the FFs I've ever played.
    Nope, FFVII does not own Best Story and Best Character, First Generation deserves these title more than Second Generation (FFIX and FFT have good story and character). FFX-2 battle system is ATB which is the same as most FF. And FFVII only own its fan.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

In my opinion, the best one, is the one that picked all the qualities of the past FF games, and put them together in a single game. So, FFIX of course.

See, this is all a matter of opinion. No one can declare one best final fantasy. although FF8 is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflagration View Post

These are all very good points, but just opinions. For instance, I severely DON'T agree that FFX-2 had the best battle system. In fact, it was my least favorite game in the series, or the "worst", in my opinion. Likewise, its tough to say that FFVII isn't as good as others, because of the crappier graphics and translations. That's automatically putting one game at an advantage because its newer. Then you have people who say FFXII will be better than FFVII, because its newer and has better graphics. Regardless of how well this game does, there will be millions of people who will disagree.

Therefore, perhaps a poll should be made, to see which Final Fantasy is the most "Popular" amongst us EoFFers........actually.......

*creates poll under the General Final Fantasy Forum*

go vote!
    Last edited by crazybayman; 08-25-2006 at 06:22 PM.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

FF's VII and VIII are tied for my favourite game ever. And naturally for "Best Final Fantasy" too. The storyline in Final Fantasy VIII is

d
    e
    e
    e
    e
    e
    e
    p
    p
    p
    p

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

IV > VIII

Syberia > Final Fantasy

IMO it is the best. Mainly because it was my first FF and I just cant find fault with it, I love everything about it!

I like 8 because as EMX said it is DEEEEP. FF7 was also good. It wasn't as deep as FF8 imo. But I cannot say that either one is better than the other for FF7 does have Sephiroth.

Default first game

thats the thing though final fantasy 8 was my first final fantasy game so maybe thats why its my favourite but iv played all the others the only one that compares to it is 7

VIII could never take the position of VII, well in my mind.

VIII had a great battle system, and I'd like to see something similier to the junction system in future FF titles, but everything else was done better in other games in the series.

FFVIII > FFV > FFX-2 > FFTA > FFIX > FFII > FFIII > FFT > FFX > FFXI > FFIV > FFVII > FFVI > FFI
    The things I could not do yesterday, I shall not fear to attempt today, for I shall never give up on tomorrow. - Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs Crossfire)

I don't have a favorite FF game. They are all magnificent and have their pros and cons. None is better than the other.

The obvious exceptions to this are 10 and 10-2, which shouldn't even be considered FFs because they are a disgrace to the series.

FFVIII is my favorite Final Fantasy.

I don't think there is a best. The series is still ongoing. Until it ends and we can look back at all of them I don't think it is possible to point at any one and say, "this is best".