Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Final Fantasy?

♥ Italian Princess ♥ *~Angel Wing~*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xurts View Post
    The obvious exceptions to this are 10 and 10-2, which shouldn't even be considered FFs because they are a disgrace to the series.
    I disagree.

I thought Final Fantasy X was a GREAT game!!!

Of course it's not as good as Final Fantasy VIII, but I think you're going too far saying FFX and FFX-2 were a disgrace to the series. I admit FFX-2 wasn't that great, but it wasn't a disgrace.

*~Love is the best feeling in the world~*

Lets not get into this shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by *~Angel Wing~* View Post
    The obvious exceptions to this are 10 and 10-2, which shouldn't even be considered FFs because they are a disgrace to the series.
    I disagree.

I thought Final Fantasy X was a GREAT game!!!

Of course it's not as good as Final Fantasy VIII, but I think you're going too far saying FFX and FFX-2 were a disgrace to the series. I admit FFX-2 wasn't that great, but it wasn't a disgrace.
    I will spare you my rant on why they are such horrible games, since this isn't the board for it.

♥ Italian Princess ♥ *~Angel Wing~*'s Avatar

Moomba

I will spare you my rant on why they are such horrible games, since this isn't the board for it.
    Whatever...:rolleyes2

You have your opinion, and I have mine.

*~Love is the best feeling in the world~*

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Your right, it should be put in the [strike]ff7[/strike]General Final Fantasy section.
    Better.

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus
    Ahem, IMO ff8 is the most enjoyable. Character/story/music wise.
    I think I agree with the music. I think it does have the best music. But, it's hard for me to decide on that considering that I liked FF6, FF7, FF9 and FF10's music so much. But, Eyes on Me alone made great feets in the music industry. Which is alot to say for a song that was composed for a video-game.

I don't have a favorite FF game. They are all magnificent and have their pros and cons. None is better than the other.

wow, thats a little harsh. they are not a disgraces at all. Dont get me started. But thats your opinon. Its most certaniley not mine.

Back to the topic, FFVIII is a great game, but its not the best.

7's definatly the best of ALL! but FF8 would have to be a strong second

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Come join the FF8 Hangman! Made Possible by.... me!

True, True! I agree with you! FFX and FFX-2 are such a humiliation!

chrisfffan, do you play FF First Generation? Their story are much deeper than any of second generation except maybe FFT.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Except for you know, FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV and FFV.

I've played every FF except 1,2 and 3 and FFVIII is by far my favourite.

I think it is to do with what one you really played first though (the case with many people and 7)
    or the one you were old enough to really care about ( my case with 8).

8 was the best in my opinion. It had the most in dept characters & storyline of any FF i've played. To back that up, i will say that the story had everything a story could give; love, hate, revenge etc.
    Other than that i believe the game holds the most memorable characters from any final fantasy. An example being Squall (he has to be the most loved/hated character from any FF, just look at the character elimination threads, every go he's been mentioned for been given/deducted points).
    Then there was the stat/ability system. I know this again is a love/hate thing with people, but i personally loved it. It was incredably flexable & customisable, and was just... fun. To keep the rest short, i don't think i will ever play a game quite like 8 again, i mean, c'mon, it had the card game.

From GitcherSpite to GetaSling to GitcherSpice
    - Mauro Picotto's Iguana

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by licence View Post
    I think it is to do with what one you really played first though (the case with many people and 7)
    No, it has nothing to do with that. For me atleast. The first FF I've played (FF9) wasn't my favorite, but I did like it. I don't think you should like a game more than the others just, because it was the first one you've played out of the series like some people tend to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    I don't think there is a best. The series is still ongoing. Until it ends and we can look back at all of them I don't think it is possible to point at any one and say, "this is best".
    You know, that is very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by licence View Post
    No, it has nothing to do with that. For me atleast. The first FF I've played (FF9) wasn't my favorite, but I did like it. I don't think you should like a game more than the others just, because it was the first one you've played out of the series like some people tend to do.
    I said many people think that, there are exceptions. It's just that everyone I speak to (outside of these forums) was always expecting another Cloud with each new Final Fantasy which was made.

Banned

The Gap... And I'm not talking about the clothing store.

Why is there a general comparison between VII and VIII?

Personally, I think the best Final Fantasies are I, IV, VI, X maybe VII and my second favorite next to VI: Final Fantasy Tactics. Of course one can only post their favorites and I like these Final Fantasies because of their story and music.

FFVIII? I dunno, something just went wrong with VIII that caused a 'generation-gap'. It's not a 'bad game' just the center point of arguements.

I think the second generation is kinda biased because FFVII and FFVIII were their first or second Final Fantasy and most don't or have yet to play any previous Final Fantasy based on it's graphics or old story are the basic claims I hear. Hate me if you will, but I'm that's what I think. I hope I'm wrong.

Final Fantasy IV was my first Final Fantasy on the Super NES, but after that I had to play FFI on the old NES just to see where it all started. I wasn't disappointed. I didn't care about the graphics, the story, the journey was what was worth it. I dunno... What was you journey through the Final Fantasy series?

My journey through FF series? Started with VII, then VIII (my favourite), then XI (also loved this one), then VI (didn't really enjoy this one), then X (found it good) then I bought IV and V (I love IV but I've never really got into V, it's good nonetheless) and finally I purchased Tactics Advance, which I think is a great handheld game. I played X-2 at a friend's house and wasn't impressed with it. I may still get it, but it doesn't look like what I expect from an RPG now.