Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Best Final Fantasy?

Default crap graphics

how can u count the first ones? the graphics are so crap

I thought Final Fantasy VIII story was the best out of any game i have ever played. Final Fantasy VII was good, but cannot be compared to Final Fantasy VIII. that, and the music cannot be toppled...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfffan View Post

Gameplay and story counts, not graphics.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by licence View Post

Gameplay and story counts, not graphics.

Hear! Hear! Most noobs and 2nd Gen are just eye-candy addicts. They only played FFVII because of the pretty FMVs.

Back in the day, people would make fun of me for playing the First Gen games, right? They were asking how can you play this man? All those little people do is go half-way across the screen, swing, never hit the thing and go back.

My response was: You read a book? A book with pictures?

"Yeah."

"Well do the pictures actually move?"

"....?"

"It's called imagination... I'm playing it for the story... Well that and the music."

Nowadays people just play till they get to the next FMV. FFVII and FFX are the only two that I think have done an excellent blend of visuals and captivating storytelling. But that's just my opinion.

Try playing these kids: www.projectaon.org/

Mind you, it's not the actual books I used to have but it's better! Still requires imagination.

This is what I did as I awaited between Final Fantasy, y'know back in the day, when you only heard about in a magazine a year or more before it was actually realeased and then it may not come to your shores.... I

Default story and graphics

yea but 7 and 8 has both
    story and graphics

Banned

yea but 7 and 8 has both
    story and graphics
    You missed the boat Gilligan.

Quote Originally Posted by *~Angel Wing~* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mobiletype View Post
    I personally think Final Fantasy 8 is the best FF game ever!
    obviously
    FINAL FANTASY VIII IS THE BEST GAME!!!
    :kaohappy2 :kaolove: :kaolove: :kaohappy2

:bigbiggri

VI. Playable graphics and a killer story.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

yea but 7 and 8 has both
    story and graphics
    If your saying 7 and 8 have the best story then thats horrible and is a diservice to FF's 8's story isn't even in the top 3! 7's was really good but best, probably not. 8 had good graphics (honestly in certain parts they pissed me off because I couldn't tell where to go) but its story was not that good, I don't even take this thread seriously.

Haha, sorry guys. FFVII > FFVIII

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

ff7 above all and future ff games will remain the best. ff7 was the beginning of a new genre of rpgs. style, storyline, battle scenes, in game movies, ad the intro to cool mini games to be played to pay the time by and win items.

Materia was also the big thing about this game no other has ever been ablr to compare to how it made suck and impact on the progression of the game and the meaning of what it is the corrosponded to the storyline about the lifesteam.

in all actuallalty ff7 is the perfect game. none can compare to it, and none ever will!

... yet most people in these forums, including me, don't think so. Final Fantasy VIII had by far the best story, gameplay and soundtrack in the whole Final Fantasy series. Im not saying its the best, you can't simply tell which is the best because they are meant to be different games. Still, FF8 is my favorite Final Fantasy, RPG and game aswell. Its pointless to discuss such thing in this forum, where most of the FF8 fans hang around.

You say that graphics count? Hell, how come people are still playing the older FFs? How come Square is porting them to mobile cellphones and consoles? They like to loose money or what? Face it, the older Final Fantasies had kickass features and story, and many of them beat the so-worship-and-overrated FF7.

That's just me, but whats the point on discussing that? Better make it a pool to see which is the most-liked game, then arguing over and over. This has to be the 4th thread in here, probably the 100th in the entire EoFF forums. So just leave it like that.

Oh, FINAL FANTASY 8 FTW!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    ff7 above all and future ff games will remain the best. ff7 was the beginning of a new genre of rpgs. style, storyline, battle scenes, in game movies, ad the intro to cool mini games to be played to pay the time by and win items.

Materia was also the big thing about this game no other has ever been ablr to compare to how it made suck and impact on the progression of the game and the meaning of what it is the corrosponded to the storyline about the lifesteam.

in all actuallalty ff7 is the perfect game. none can compare to it, and none ever will!
    There is no way that FFVIII is better then IV, or what I've played of V, and VI. Don't even kid yourself, and FFVII isn't the "perfect game" it has its flaws like every other FF, for example it was WAY too easy. Most of the later FFs are. (Not many people agree with me but...) There is almost no difference in have Cait Sith or Red XIII or anyone else, except limits.

Also have you played the earlier FFs?

Default maybe

yea that’s why I said it can only be 7 or 8 the thing they done great in 7 was the purpose of the story about saving the planet and the way it unfolded with cloud and Areis dieing it made you really want to Defeat Sephiroth and save the the planet! that might be the only thing they got wrong in 8 that they didn’t kill anyone but its still my favourite maybe its because it was the first one I played but I have played all the others since

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

yea that’s why I said it can only be 7 or 8 the thing they done great in 7 was the purpose of the story about saving the planet and the way it unfolded with cloud and Areis dieing it made you really want to Defeat Sephiroth and save the the planet! that might be the only thing they got wrong in 8 that they didn’t kill anyone but its still my favourite maybe its because it was the first one I played but I have played all the others since
    And FF's have ALWAYS been
    Person"Let's go save the world"
    Everyone else "Yay world save-age!"
    FFVII isn't the first game with death, have you played IV? Death everywhere! Also 2 there is death, and to more then just one character.

(I didn't want to kill Sephiroth considering he was cooler then your party members:P)