Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most Romantic FF?

Default Most Romantic FF?

I've heard from some people that this is the FF to play if you're into a romantic storyline. So what do you guys think? Is FFVI the most romantic of the series, or is it mostly hype? Discuss.

FF X I think. The story of the relationship that builds between yuna and tidus is a really good one. I think that is the most romantic FF.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

id say FF8 is the most romantic but FF6 has some really good romance and is probably the second most romantic. its been a long time since ive played it but the stuff with locke and celes and rachel is really good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

FFVI - FFX can be considered romantic.
    Figaro Castle

NO final fantasy 1-6 is not at all romantic in the slightest. Its kids stuff. So and so likes so and so. The relationships fail to impress me at all. 7 has crushes more than it had love...The love story takes place for the characters at like age 7 or some low age ....haha thats real . Cloud goes off to soldier and the world gets F-ed and the 2 happen to get re-united. Where as they have feelings for eachother from being friends long ago and they inherit some attraction when they reunite...I dont think I would call it love. They really dont get together at the end and it is basically childs love again. Made for a child to see and interpette as so and so loves so and so and really the game player hadnt a clue on what real love was. A gril with big boobs the attractive one in the game hooked up with the main character to build intetrest. They never really hook up at the end or are never really anything beyound good friends.

FF-9 the whole game looks like a childs game including the characters. I dont take too much of it seriously as far as relating adult themes. Such as a mature experienced truthfull love between 2 adults. Real love that lasts. they look about like 8.... Its more of an adventure and crush than it has to deal with love ...

I cant think of any ture love in final fantasy except for ff-10.

However ff-7 was very passionate over areths death I dont think that 7 really showed reasons for love or actions that showed true love. Just because you say something is red it doesnt mean tthat it was painted that way. Just because cloud get emo over her death to try to show his past feelings and present feelings crashing in...there is actually little justification or realiisitc revelance to that strong of feelings in actuall game play. So it fails. Simply playing the game with some one in your party doesnt cut it enough to establish any real relationship.The chessy lines that a 4 year old can pick up on and manipulate as love just dont do it for me.

ff-8 I wont go there its there I guess

ff-10 had so much feeling and concern ...I didnt see any real concern in 7 or any other. It was more like the characters relating to you saying this sucks...because you lost a party memmeber and the game creators knew you were bumbed so the characters were programmed for a momment to reflect on the poorly developed and un=presonalized character that had been lost and that never really had a personall conncetion established strongly in game play besides a few chessy suggestive lines.

Ff-10 offered extra scenes in the game where they bonded. You didnt feeel a close conncetion with characters simply because they were in your party. ff-10 had many videos of tidus and yuna bonding , its showed major concern and passion in what they said and in the videos. It was far superior in character development and so on. It didnt hang on to a chessy emo character like cloud with indentity problems so that all other characters including the ones playing the game could extra easily know all about the main character and relate to him right away in a boring and straight forward dull waqy. Most of ff-7 was cloud being emo complaining about sephriopth and himself. It was a one side coin that was well rotten.

FF-10 offers realsim in many elements. It gets inside everyones head not just the main character unlike 7. It makes it more presonall to the characters than yourself unlike 7. It isnt just like loosing a party memmber and being angry that you waisted time training that party member to high levels. Its not like in ff-7 where there is an honorbale mention of 2 chessy lines that the character is gone now. All the characters react in a our dramatic and realistic way in 10. A change in the story when aeris dies in 7 and they have one scene just to spice up the change and then through hours of game play there is no real mention of it , or personall grief from the characters is pretty lame and dull.

FF-10 did a great job keeping it real and it did an excellent job holding the momment and feelings that characters had for realistic durrations of time. It did far better than to have one momment of mention of its deeper concepts and then to have you running across the world map for hours cut off from all realistic characters..FF-10 didnt separate you from the characters and there own personall feelings ff-7 did. FF-7 didnt even do a good job developing those personall feelings to begin with. It was more about look at my cool sword and dress code and look how [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]ty our world is and how it has dorked me in particullar....that and they were all basically I CAN BE EMO TOO !!!!
    Last edited by lovehurts; 08-25-2006 at 10:09 PM.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by to sum up lovehurts
    I don't like FFVII and FFX is more romantic than FFVII.
    Figaro Castle

Aw c'mon, VII had romance. What about when Cloud and Aeris are on that ride in the Gold Saucer (assuming it turns out to be Aeris...sometimes it's Tifa or even Barret). Or Cloud and Tifa sharing a tender moment by the Highwind near the end.

For me though, I gotta pick VIII. When "Eyes on Me" by Faye Wong plays in the background whilst Squall and Rinoa are in the Ragnarok...truly breathtaking, and I don't consider myself a very romantic guy.

But to make this more on topic to FFVI, I just finished the flashback sequence where Rachel dies...so sad.

FFVII's romance was...... Kinda strange. Really strange actually, yet still very romantic. People were supposed to be in love, yet not one of them said to one another, I love you. The kept on saying, I............. That really doesnt cut as relationships, but it was very romantic.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kain Strife View Post
    Aw c'mon, VII had romance. What about when Cloud and Aeris are on that ride in the Gold Saucer (assuming it turns out to be Aeris...sometimes it's Tifa or even Barret). Or Cloud and Tifa sharing a tender moment by the Highwind near the end.

For me though, I gotta pick VIII. When "Eyes on Me" by Faye Wong plays in the background whilst Squall and Rinoa are in the Ragnarok...truly breathtaking, and I don't consider myself a very romantic guy.

But to make this more on topic to FFVI, I just finished the flashback sequence where Rachel dies...so sad.
    i agree with FFVI not being as romantic as others but it has romance. i wouldnt call cloud and tifa beneath the highwind "romantic" although they have romantic parts id call that under the highwind thing more like intimacy. but it's not like that sort of thing cant be romantic. but compared to FF8's romance scenes i dont think any FF compares. there are so many romantic parts.

E.G.

1. in the ragnorok.
    2. squall carrying rinoa to esthar when shes in the coma and nearly everything he says while she is in the coma.
    3. the ending.

and theres more. not to mention that they are a good couple anyway. i find it funny when in disk two if you bring rinoa to balamb garden and talk to doctor kadowaki she asks something like "is she your girlfriend? you two look so good together." and you have choices to say "yes" or "no" and it continues and rinoas reactions to this makes it funny. FF8 is just unbeatable for romance. and im pretty sure its not just squall and rinoa who have all of the romantic scenes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

FF VI has romance. It's just doesn't go deep enough like FF X

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by lovehurts View Post
    I cant think of any ture love in final fantasy except for ff-10.

ff-10 had so much feeling and concern ...I didnt see any real concern in 7 or any other. It was more like the characters relating to you saying this sucks...because you lost a party memmeber and the game creators knew you were bumbed so the characters were programmed for a momment to reflect on the poorly developed and un=presonalized character that had been lost and that never really had a personall conncetion established strongly in game play besides a few chessy suggestive lines.

Ff-10 offered extra scenes in the game where they bonded. You didnt feeel a close conncetion with characters simply because they were in your party. ff-10 had many videos of tidus and yuna bonding , its showed major concern and passion in what they said and in the videos. It was far superior in character development and so on. It didnt hang on to a chessy emo character like cloud with indentity problems so that all other characters including the ones playing the game could extra easily know all about the main character and relate to him right away in a boring and straight forward dull waqy. Most of ff-7 was cloud being emo complaining about sephriopth and himself. It was a one side coin that was well rotten.

FF-10 offers realsim in many elements. It gets inside everyones head not just the main character unlike 7. It makes it more presonall to the characters than yourself unlike 7. It isnt just like loosing a party memmber and being angry that you waisted time training that party member to high levels. Its not like in ff-7 where there is an honorbale mention of 2 chessy lines that the character is gone now. All the characters react in a our dramatic and realistic way in 10. A change in the story when aeris dies in 7 and they have one scene just to spice up the change and then through hours of game play there is no real mention of it , or personall grief from the characters is pretty lame and dull.

FF-10 did a great job keeping it real and it did an excellent job holding the momment and feelings that characters had for realistic durrations of time. It did far better than to have one momment of mention of its deeper concepts and then to have you running across the world map for hours cut off from all realistic characters..FF-10 didnt separate you from the characters and there own personall feelings ff-7 did. FF-7 didnt even do a good job developing those personall feelings to begin with. It was more about look at my cool sword and dress code and look how ty our world is and how it has dorked me in particullar....that and they were all basically I CAN BE EMO TOO !!!!
    i agree with everything you said. therefore i think ffx is the most romantic

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain Strife View Post

i agree with FFVI not being as romantic as others but it has romance. i wouldnt call cloud and tifa beneath the highwind "romantic" although they have romantic parts id call that under the highwind thing more like intimacy. but it's not like that sort of thing cant be romantic. but compared to FF8's romance scenes i dont think any FF compares. there are so many romantic parts.

E.G.

1. in the ragnorok.
    2. squall carrying rinoa to esthar when shes in the coma and nearly everything he says while she is in the coma.
    3. the ending.

and theres more. not to mention that they are a good couple anyway. i find it funny when in disk two if you bring rinoa to balamb garden and talk to doctor kadowaki she asks something like "is she your girlfriend? you two look so good together." and you have choices to say "yes" or "no" and it continues and rinoas reactions to this makes it funny. FF8 is just unbeatable for romance. and im pretty sure its not just squall and rinoa who have all of the romantic scenes.
    I agree. There's also the love triangle between Squall, Rinoa and Seifer. As well as Cid <3 Edea and Zell <3 the Hot Dog Girl. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by ama124 View Post

i agree with everything you said.
    That's a 1st....

The romantic event in FFVI is when Celes saves Locke's bandana.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

There IS some romance in FF VI, but it's more like an inkling of romance then any actual full-blown romance. In all honesty, I'd have to say the most romantic FFs were VIII and X, as a lot of the plot hinged on it.
    The more consciousness, the more will; the more will, the more self. Someone who has no will at all is no self. But the more will he has, the more self-consciousness he has too.-Soren Kierkegaard
    Every people has its own Tartuffery and calls it its virtues.-What is best in us we do not know-we cannot know.-Friedrich Nietzsche
    Trickery, bravery: who asks, in war?-Virgil, The Aeneid, Book II, Line 517

Which FF Character Are You?