Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: out of 10 what do you give this MMORPG?

after CoP I would have said 8/10, but since ToAU came out, 9/10

The game is great, and has lasting appeal. Like all games it has its faults, but we know then and live with them and embrace to good things (which there are many of).

I just noticed a powerleveling add at the top of the screen... that would be one of the problems of the game... lazy ****s who don't want to really experience the game...

The only time I really like PLing, is when I'm on my 15th job through the dunes, and wish to just avoid the n00bs out there. >.>

It get's tiring leveling 1-20 the same way 15 times through. T_T
    This space intentionally left blank.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I personally don't mind PLing, but I'd never pay for one. It's just a bonus that means better exp.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Also a means for newbs to stay newbs....>_>; PLing is the bane of all newb problems, let em die a few times to learn.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

From my experience, most don't learn even after deaths. It just accellerates the idiocy that is n00b inside them. >.>

And results in more often then not a "OMFG this exp is t3h suckerz! I h4x better exp, you suck I leave!" Which I've gotten that response to a death in more then one dunes party. >.>
    This space intentionally left blank.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'd probably give it a 6 out of 10 or a 7 out of 10.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionx View Post
    Also a means for newbs to stay newbs....>_>; PLing is the bane of all newb problems, let em die a few times to learn.
    I've died more than enough to not be a noob. I still like PLing.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I'd give it an 8 or 9. Quite frankly, I can't give the game a low score whilst playing it with the same vigor after about two years as the same day I got it. To me, that's one of the defining qualities of a good game. To rate the game low would be to give my intelligence an equally low rating. I'm not the sort of guy who likes pain. I don't self inflict any misery upon myself without fair compensation (that's how I justify going to work). If I didn't think FFXI was a great game, I wouldn't be playing it. I can't exactly put my finger on what works, but FFXI certainly has something going for it, and I can't stop playing.

I'd Give It a 6 or 7...for the simple reason u cannot solo anything worth getting...this game is to heavy on working together! don't get me wrong it can be good..but sumtimes i know u just don't feel like dealing with assholes in a party and u want to solo(nd get the same exp) nd lv..nd don't get me started on the diffcuilty of the mobs in higher lvs..at my Lv Easy Prey is not Easy Prey..more like Tough or Very Tough..nd then u gotta worry about the exp lose IF u die >.<!! nd then i feel sorry for the noobs thats just starting off nd trying to get Gil..nd can go on all day...but i just wish SE made it so u can solo more things in the game nd parties should be for like gaining lv's faster(not just the only way u can lv) nd HNM fights nd stuff like that..

Weed Is Not A Drug..A Drug is sumtin dat is chemically mixed in a smurfin lab..Weed is from da earth..God put dis here for me and you..So i can't under stand why Weed is Illegal..When is the Last Time u Heard sum1 Overdose On sum Weed? Seriously? Oh But Asprin is legal, nd i guarantee u take 10 of those, dat will be you last headache.

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

6. Its boring me now. All I do is craft basically, untill inflation hits, then I'll rate it an 8.
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.