Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big up the down Red Mage!

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Yep, two Fighters and two Red Mages is a very good party. I tend to use a more defensive approach, though, so instead of having two Red Mages, I usually have a Red Mage and a White Mage. That way you'll get better healing spells and Dia/Harm spells too. Red Mage will help you as an additional healer, and he still has enough black magic to destroy large groups of enemies. And the spells Haste and Temper. Besides, by the time you get all those spell-casting items, it doesn't really matter any more that Red Mage has less MP than Black Mage.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

red mage is the only class i've never used in this game. seems kind of boring. i liked the extremism of all the characters in this game. tank, damage dealer, healer, nuker. or sometimes i swap the damage dealer for the agility of thief (although the THF in DoS can't run from battles very easily).

red mage is like a catch all class. i like my characters to be polarised and have to rely on each other to survive.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    As a side note, INT has no effect on magic damage in the NES version, so Red, Black, White, and Purple mages cast all spells just as crappily. But of course, we don't really need to cast crappy spells. We need buffs and debuffs. And swords. And pirate-ness.
    Couldn't agree more.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Garn the Red View Post
    Yah, but with the redmages you cant warp. YOu have to walk everywhere!(or fly in the airship.)

They can't cast Flare or Holy either

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Of course Red Mages rocks. I mean, LOOK AT THEM! Awesome outfit.

Which FF Character Are You?
    Ok, that's not so not me.:rolleyes2

Sounds like an interesting party, which I should try on FF Origins sometime. The only drawback might be that tons of fighting would be needed to keep all of the best equipment for the party, which can get tedious.

They have a pimp suit on. That's always cool.

A Feather in the hat. A Freakin Feather.
    Too big.

Red mages suck.

TOO MANY ONE LINERS!

I'm not a big fan of the BM as the RM gets all the buff spells anyway and he can still do some nice dsamge using Thundara in the Water temple. White mages rock though as they have massive HP and allow for constant healing. I played a 4 Fighter party and got all the way to chaos. But without any buffers or serious healing Chaos owned me. All i had was cure and healing staff lol. Ojh well i also had difficulty on the Lava dungeon as i didn't have the healing items and the damage was starting to actually hurt. I lost my first guy in the volcano :sob:
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

The party i used was knight, monk, thief and red mage. i cant wait till they make a red mage a main character in a final fantasy.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

red wizards have all the useful spells of the black and white mage as well as some decent spells. they lack the great healing of the white mage and the holy spell and dont have black mages nuke but they are still good.

a party of a white mage,black mage, red mage and a fighter would be a good one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by Psi View Post
    I just played through FF1 with a party of two fighters and two red mages, and it was the easiest game I ever played. Why? Because my two mages didn't spend 90% of the game stood in the back row hitting for 1 damage while I saved magic for when I really needed it!
    Two fighters, two red mages - this is certainly a strong party. I've experimented with two fighters, white mage, black mage...with the idea that if I can ever get away with putting two weak mages in the same party, it would be with two fighters. Two red mages instead would be a lot easier to keep alive though, and that may more than compensate for the disadvantage of having fewer spells and few high level spells. Red mages are undeniably the strongest character in the beginning (even better than fighters until level 5), but they are also arguably the weakest character later on. So I wonder if this party would be strong enough in the later stages of the game.

If always believed two fighters, two red mages to be the best/easiest party for this game. The upper level spells suck, especially in the NES version, and in the DoS version, you can get items to cast basically everything useful anyways.

Of course, I'm also a fan of, one fighter, three dead people

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    If always believed two fighters, two red mages to be the best/easiest party for this game. The upper level spells suck, especially in the NES version, and in the DoS version, you can get items to cast basically everything useful anyways.

Of course, I'm also a fan of, one fighter, three dead people

THE JACKAL
    I think having 2-4 Fighters and the rest as Red Mages will quite easily become one of the best parties because of its high attack power, good defence and having some spells (except for 4 Fighters until they become Knights).
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi