Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is your Favourite Headbanger?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Default Who is your Favourite Headbanger?

Throughout rock and roll history there has been headbanging and with this art of dancing comes people who are hardcore at it, people who take it to the extremes, extreme enough to snap their neck into tiny wittle pieces.
    Name your favourite, give links to show how hardcore they are at it. And Now I steal from wikipedia!!!! "Headbanging is a type of dance which involves violently shaking the head in time with music, most commonly heavy metal music. It is most visually effective when the person headbanging has long hair, though the added weight will increase the risk of neck strain.

* The up and down: the most common style, which involves shaking the head up and down. This style is demonstrated at the climax of the "Bohemian Rhapsody" scene in the movie Wayne's World.

* The circular swing (windmill): swinging the head in a circular motion. This style is more commonly known as the Windmill or Helicopter. It was popularized by Blackie Lawless of W.A.S.P. and George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher of Cannibal Corpse, and is used by members of Amon Amarth, Slipknot, Meshuggah, former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted, the late Dimebag Darrell, Brian Fair of Shadows Fall, Corey Beauleau of Trivium, and many other bands.

* Drunk style: a form of head banging in random directions, as if the person is drunk. Bands such as Immortal are a good example of this.

* The half-circle: swinging the head repeatedly from side to side in a downward arc. This style is often used by Tom Araya of Slayer.

* The figure eight: shaking the head in a figure eight.

* The side to side: shaking the head from side to side, whipping the hair on each transition. This style is used by Wayne Static of Static-X, Alexi Laiho of Children of Bodom, James Root of Slipknot (during the "build-up" moments of a song), Martin Mendez of Opeth, and Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo.

Dave Tyo of Bipolar demonstrating the 'whiplash' technique at CBGB in New York City.
    Enlarge
    Dave Tyo of Bipolar demonstrating the 'whiplash' technique at CBGB in New York City.

* The whiplash: an especially violent form of the traditional "up and down" style, characterized by the hair of the headbanger moving about so rapidly that it obscures their face. This style may have been pioneered by AC/DC guitarist Angus Young, and has also been used by Mick Thomson of Slipknot and late Metallica bassist Cliff Burton.

* The all-out: dropping on the ground, holding oneself up with the arms, and violently swinging the head between the arms. This style sometimes involves grabbing onto tables and other fixed objects, as their head movements have become so violent they seriously affect balance.

* The tandem. Judas Priest guitarists K.K. Downing and Glenn Tipton pioneered and perfected this form of headbanging, in which they stand side by side and headbang in unison. (See also Wolf Hoffman and Jörg Fischer of Accept.)

* The thrust: an antisocial form of headbanging where the person violently swings forwards and backwards from their waist, often headbutting people in front of them, or in more extreme circumstances, behind them.

* The hammer: a form of headbanging performed by Till Lindemann of Rammstein performed by semi-squating and hitting the opposite knee of the hand you're doing the hammer motion to, while moving your head side to side or up and down. The speed of the Hammer fist goes hand in hand with the drum beat. " as you can see it is a very important and extreme dance for only 1337 people, if you cannot do it then you're not 1337. Ok now, for me it has to be Either Blackie Lawless: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAblpJW5uXs or Jason Newsted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgSbsTb0ias

If you want to add humour into the thread get videos of yourself attempting it and hurting yourself.

Ok, let's rock. Just don't tell wikipedia I've been stealing from their articles again. *ninja*

LET THE HAMMER FALL

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

The guys from Apocalyptica headbang like woah xD

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

OH yeah, those guys are hardcore, headbanging with cellos is something quite rare. It's insane too.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Because someone's bound to say it sooner or later and I just want to be an arse and say it first: Zinedine Zidane.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Don't you mean what's your favorite style of headbanging?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

No, it's who is your favourite headbanger, I stole some stuff from wikipedia for people who got no idea what headbanging is.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Its either Blackie lawless or Mustaine.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Well Kirk Hammet & James Hetfield look cool when they stand next to eachother and do like some tremelo head banging up and down with their hair going the oposite way. Awsome I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    The guys from Apocalyptica headbang like woah xD
    Word !
    Also Cliff burton !!! YAY !
    When Metallica was doin Ride and Master, James was a beast of a Head banger >.<
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Quiet Riot with " Metal Health"

Immortal.

The Call of the Wintermoon video has such amazing headbanging near the end.

Messiah Marcolin, those who know will know. The "Doom Dance."
    Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    Avril's become more profane now with lines such as "Hell yeah, I'm a m***** f***in' princess"
    No matter how much you and Sigmund Freud want it to be, 'mother' is not a curse word.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alexi Laiho or Johan Hegg.

cliff burton and jason newsted.

those guys are/were awesome
    Last edited by tailz; 08-26-2006 at 04:11 PM.
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

Quote Originally Posted by Shout View Post
    R.I.P Cliff
    Second that.
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.