Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $150 for SNES FFIII?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Genji View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xurts View Post
    If you bought any of that NES/SNES/etc. stuff for so much you are a complete dumbass. Seriously. They're called emulators, and they are free. Not to mention superior to the console versions.
    Emulators aren't that great. I'd rather sit down and play a game on a console over playing it on a computer anyday.
    Suit yourself.

If any of you guys would even consider buying 3 or Anthology for anything above $50, then you should be punched in the face.

Blog Entries

I would spend up to $60 on III for the SNES version. I would spend up to $20 on the Anthology version, because loading screens suck.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

II and III for SNES are going for 50$CND at a store called 1UP Games down the road a ways from me. They also have Chrono Trigger for 99$.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Makes me happy I have two copies.

Quote Originally Posted by aisle_s View Post
    II and III for SNES are going for 50$CND at a store called 1UP Games down the road a ways from me. They also have Chrono Trigger for 99$.
    Aisle, Look at all these mean people getting into the FFVI forum, You're not being that great of a narshean guard. =[

Quote Originally Posted by Xurts
    If any of you guys would even consider buying 3 or Anthology for anything above $50, then you should be punched in the face.
    I still would buy all of those. Anyone who would punch someone in the face for something so insignifigant should realize that they're being biased and people who would buy it have their own reasons for buying it, sentimental or just to collect. :rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xurts
    I still would buy all of those. Anyone who would punch someone in the face for something so insignifigant should realize that they're being biased and people who would buy it have their own reasons for buying it, sentimental or just to collect. :rolleyes2
    Or maybe because they are just completely retarded.

ha-ha

my sister got an NES and like, 10 games for it for only 40euro at a car boot sale. and it works like new.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Anthology can be had for less than $50 though. I got it for $30, complete, black label, in excellent condition. I can understand wanting the game, but put a little research into it before dropping money on the first listing you see.

No more than a couple years ago, Gamestop still sold SNES and NES games, and I bought spare copies of FF2 and FF3 for $25 each, used, of course.

And to those of you who think FF3 is a rare game, you're a little off. This (Click here) is a rare and hard-to-come-by SNES cartridge. FF3 was actually one of the most talked about successful games for the SNES. It wasn't as common as Super Mario World, but it was pretty dang common. Final Fantasy is a pretty big franchise. I mean, I was in line for almost an hour in my small town at K-Mart when FF7 came out for the PSX. I'd be willing to bet that me and everyone else in that line owned FF3 for the SNES, otherwise we wouldn't have devoted that much time to getting the follow-up game. The reason it's so pricy is because most people who have don't want to sell it, and those who do want to sell it, they know that. They know that they can charge that much and a lot of people will pay it, because if they don't, they may not get another opportunity to purchase the game. I know I won't be selling any of my copies of any of Square titles, unless someone is offering me enough money to conviniently get another good copy, and have a few bucks to spare. And that's not gonna happen.

For those of you who want to know, that picture is a Super Probotector Demo Cartridge. It's unliscened and all that jazz. Unless you're a hardcore video game collector, you probably won't be stubling accross a cartidge like that.

Oh, by the way, in PAL regions, the game "Contra" is called "Probotector". That game is called "Super Contra" in the USA.

Emulators aren't that great. I'd rather sit down and play a game on a console over playing it on a computer anyday.
    I agree. While it is actually the exact same game, there's a certain magic to consoles. I'm kinda worried that consoles are gonna go obsolete because it seems like everytime a new console comes out, they're making it more and more like a PC. I like PC and all, I really do, but can you imagine playing Mario Party with 3 of your friends on a computer screen?

Furthermore, using Emulators to play ROMs is illegal. Yes, it's true that you can back up any software that you own, including video games, but taking someone else's rom image from the internet or elsewhere is not backing up, it's taking someone else's back up. The only way using a ROM of Final Fantasy 3 for the SNES would be legal is if you ripped the ROM Image yourself.

Just ask Nintendo, they'll tell you all about it via e-mail.
    Last edited by feioncastor; 09-05-2006 at 02:38 AM.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Friend of mine paid about 2 bucks for Final Fantasy III when he found it in a pawn shop. It wasn't mint condition and didn't have a box or manual or anything, but it was still a hell of a deal for such a great game.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Xurts, your attitude towards other members is quite bad. We don't tolerate that kind of thing here. I suggest you knock it off.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

My thoughts exactly. I also don't appreciate it when people only play emulators and are vultures on the net the day after a game comes out looking for the ROM of the game so they can play it. It's very hypocritical to say you enjoy a company's games and work and that you support them but then turn around and spit in their face and steal from them instead of buying the game.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Bantam View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I also don't appreciate it when people only play emulators and are vultures on the net the day after a game comes out looking for the ROM of the game so they can play it. It's very hypocritical to say you enjoy a company's games and work and that you support them but then turn around and spit in their face and steal from them instead of buying the game.
    In the case of final fantasies that I cannot buy, I make an exception. But then again, you can like a companies games, and hate the hardware they are designed for. This makes me not care that I play final fantasy VI via ROM. I do not want to play the game on a game boy or a second rate emulated CD. ish.

On a side note, I have bought this game 3 times; and it gets stolen everytime. I hate siblings.

Instead of buying the game, I wish oracle's fundimentalism of buying code would have emerged better in the software industry.

bipper

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    I saw FFVII for $30 a couple of days ago. I nearly bought it, but then I realized I already got one. Man, cheap. Most other stores has it for $80

That had nothing to do with FFVI though. But I did buy the PSX version for $24. It's sold without FFV in Europe.
    I have seen FFVII for £160 somewhere. The same place was selling another used copy for £10.

"Kraken, Fiend of Water, is a joke. A one-eyed squirrel
    armed with a piece of wet spaghetti could kill 20
    Krakens before it needed to heal itself."
    Owen Macwere made this for me. Isn't it fatabulous!

I found a copy of FFVII for $20. I guess that was a while ago though... maybe a year or so... So I wouldn't be surprised if the price had changed. As for FFVI, I got my copy for $54, and after reading this thread, I'm glad I got it then. I got FFIV for $17, then read maybe a week later the price went up to $54. Man I thought that was a sweet deal. Maybe some day I'll sell all my FF's. I'd have to get a complete set though, which would mean finding a cartrige of FF2, 3 and 5, which would be difficult, as I am not in Japan. But a complete set would sell for a heck of a lot.
    The project that was awesome, has fallen apart... oh well.