Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which Character would you put in XIII?

No cloud clones, no sephiroth clones, no clones at all or characters based on the mentioned characters. I want originallity. A new Jobclass would be great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciretho View Post
    Two words: Job system. That way you can make all the male white mages you want!
    There would still have to be pre-made characters, enemies and NPCs, like in Radiata Stories . . . Oh! There were a lot of male magic-users in that game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

How 'bout some twins? Like I mentioned earlier and all polite and proper scientist and a military explosives expert with a bad mouth?

I'd like to actually role out the game as the Magus Sisters . . .

Someone whose main weapon is Sycthe and maybe someone who double-crosses you halfway through the game
    Mods hate me because they know they'll never be as cooll as me!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I loved Cloud's Multi sword from Advent Children and would love to see something similiar (just not with guns please...)

I want a charismatic scoundrel for a main character, someone whose not afraid to get their hands dirty just not blatanly evil...

We definetly need more treachery in future FF's...

I agree that I don't want the summoners to be the main focus or end all be all. Square's been trying to recreate Rydia for years and I feel they should stop (because Garnet and Yuna are the main issues that keep their games from being good)

Please for the love of all that is holy, don't have a female lead that leaves the party in hopes of doing what's "best" for the party and instead forces you to move halfway across the planet in order to save her cause she has now just placed your party in danger. And if that can't be done for me, at least give my party the option to break her legs so she can't wander off...(wishful thinking concerning Garnet and Yuna... yes it's one of my pet peeves in rpgs)

I would love to have a suicidal character, it would bring some strong character interactions and character development as long as it was done correctly (that thin line between wanting to help heal this poor soul or wanting them to just do it finally cause you're sick of their constant whining...)

No more perky little girls whose sole role is to add "fun" to the party...

I would love to see a lot of strong willed individuals in your party. More conflict cause you're group is only thinly aligned because of a common goal.

A villian that doesn't want world domination, to become a god, or the the total destruction of everything... Perhaps a charasmatic self righteous individual who is doing his crimes for the sake of what he/she feels is for the "greater good" and what would even be better is if they were'nt completely wrong. That even the player would feel that they are not wrong or just hopelessly misguided.

I want a moogle for a party member (playable, not just some cute mascot who appears in cutscenes)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Moogle:Mogty! Strong-Willed:Hallard AND Wachen Summoners:NO! Perky Girls:Not really... The Villian:Wants to destroy the main countries of Marshall, The Archapheligho, and St. Veronica so he can conquer their allied plans to build a way to get other planets to join them, so he'll have the universe to revive his dead love... OH! Suicidal? Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I loved Cloud's Multi sword

I want a charismatic character who's not afraid to get their hands dirty and do what's necessary without too much forethought, just not blatanly evil...

We definetly need more treachery in future FF's...

I would love to have a suicidal character

No more perky little girls whose sole role is to add "fun" to the party...

I would love to see a lot of strong willed individuals in your party. More conflict in your group because it is only thinly aligned due to a common goal.

A villian whose crimes are for the sake of what he/she feels to be the "greater good" and what would even be better is if they weren't completely wrong. That even the player would feel that they are not wrong or just hopelessly misguided.

I want a moogle for a party member (playable, not just some cute mascot who appears in cutscenes)
    The multi-sword is being done again in Versus XIII

I agree. There needs to be a leader who can make the tough calls without overly drawn out contemplation or severe regrets.

I agree . . . again.

Maybe if it wasn't the main character or anyone else in their group. I don't know how much I'd actually enjoy the game if one of my characters was thinking about offing themself.

Right! No more "fun" girls

Yeah, like in Grandia Xtreme (or at least, the beginning anyway.)

Or how about if the main character actually agreed with the villain and decided to help him out (or at least, found it harder to put their all into trying to stop him)?

I don't really care so much about Moogles. Maybe one of the myriad other trademark FF creatures . . . Chocobo, Moomba, Tonberry, Fang, PuPu, Cactuar, Cait . . .

Formerly NewBlackMage Fate Fatale's Avatar

Post # 5 in this thread (the long one with all the misspellings) is actually completely the opposite of what I am looking for in an RPG. I'm also not down with the futuristic crap, but Square made the descisions. I'd be liking the main character a skinny underdog who is deadly with the rapier. Not having them be the strongest of characters would be excellent, allowing the story to focus on other the less wantable characters more.

Also a nice addition to the game would be allowing you to select which character you want to start with. Then later in the game, you can view flashbacks up until the point that you met the others in your party. Sure, it would talk up a lot of space, but who said that you can't have a 2-disc PS2 game or maybe the PS3 will have the capability to hold it all on one game thing. Who knows?

Anyhow character need to be atypical and not stick to the status quo. How about a peppy black mage? or a playable male summoner?

As far as the look of the characters, they need to be creative as they were in FFIX. Sadly everone looks over that games as a black mark in Square history, but I, for one, think it is the greatest in the for of creativity. (The Chocobo stuff was the best in the series!)

Anyhow, these views are mine and talk about them as you want.

"Everything has a purpose. It's your life's mission to find yours."

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

1. A good comical relief character, like Quina or Steiner from IX.
    2. A rough playable character who doesn't evolve much throughout the story to become just like everyone else in the party.
    3. A female lead is awesome.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

2. being like Kimahri?
    jkhkjg

Weapons I want to see turning up.

A three section staff with a blade at the end.

A big, awesome bow.

Chakrams!

And last of all, a scythe.

I'd also like more girls wielding those kinda weapons, and guys doing the magic and sumoner thang.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    2. being like Kimahri?
    I wouldn't know, I haven't played FFX or X-2.

Have I ever mentioned that I was writing a game that turns the genre-cliche on its head? Using the Extremely-long List of RPG Cliches (not what it's actually called), I formulated an RPG that uses the opposite of all cliches . . . among them being that a male summoner falls head-over for the main character (also male). As the player makes all the decisions, the story itself lends no clue as to whom the main character will end up with. Childhood friend? Gritty gladiatrix? Awesome princess? The summoner?

It was only after reading through the whole list that I realized just what was going on in these RPGs and decided that, man, I want main characters who break all the stereotypes and all the rules.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Chocobo Ahem...

I think that a Child would be a good main Character.
    Last edited by Formalhaut; 03-10-2007 at 07:31 PM.