Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who didn't like Leon?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post

uhhh... yeah, he kinda is. At least in battle.

Edit: Nevermind, it isn't big enough...but, if you'll just look at their in-battle sprites, it's apparent.

Holy crap! That's how the emperor looks in the old versions of the game!

I also never bought that he was under control by the stuff he said before he joins the party.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i think it was more of a passive manipulatoin by the emperor. his mind wasn't being controlled but im sure he was under some sort of magical influence. like in FF1, theres not much to like about the characters because they dont really have a character and they don talk much. or at least the 4 main characters dont, seems as minwu and ricard E.C.T get some good lines. so that also means there not much to hate about these basic characters. Leon was o.k and i sort of like his part in the story.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Leon has no real good stats like Minwu. He has awesome Stam. and Magic but only for quick lvling. I just try training him in weapons i'm not using. For magic he get's guy's Haste,Berserk and drain. Not really useful but the extra damage is okay and the one lvling cheat is easier.
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

jesus the censorship around here is a bit soviet union isn't it. anyway, leon and frionel look very alike in the NES version. sure lots of the characters have the same body, but they all have pretty different heads. Frionel and Leon have almost identical heads. Anyone can see this.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

It was the NES days, slight sprite differences were seen as completely different sprites back then. Anyway, all FF sprites have the same basic face unless that character is young, and even then it's still pretty dang similar. They all have the same jawline and T shaped eyes.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_20 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJZen View Post
    So people shouldn't forgive members of their own family?
    Plus the fact Leon obviously was controlled by The Emperor, Kain-style.
    I don't think Leon was controlled by the Emperor. If he was, why would he argue with the Emperor that he's now the new Emperor? He wouldn't have given the throne back to the Emperor without a battle, either.

Kishi: Those pics are great, and I think Leonhart's sprite looks a lot cooler than Frioniel's.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Leonhart is much hotter than Frioniel is. That's just how he is, and a big part of why I like him.

i wasn't criticising square for having them look kind of similar. obviously it was standard at the time. it just bothers me when people argue black is white just because they are so in love with square that they can't face reality. of course it doesn't matter that they looked similar, but that doesn't mean people should deny it.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

No one's denying that they look similar. And you shouldn't be so presumptuous about what people are thinking. I'm always eager to call Square on whatever crap they pull.

well the fact that my post was deleted either points to ultra-sensitive super cotton wool government at these forums, or a moderator that can't handle square being called into question.

this isn't even a big deal i don't know why i'm still talking about it, but a few people here are in denial. the mention of the both of them looking similar has drawn quite a few people (including yourself) to square's defense. which is a bit amusing, don't you think?

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

well the fact that my post was deleted either points to ultra-sensitive super cotton wool government at these forums, or a moderator that can't handle square being called into question.
    Or it may mean that the post was off-topic, and irrelevant. :rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroyh1999AD
    I don't think Leon was controlled by the Emperor. If he was, why would he argue with the Emperor that he's now the new Emperor? He wouldn't have given the throne back to the Emperor without a battle, either.
    Thank you.

Leon never claims to have been controlled. He just decided that he liked having power.

They're not the same. Leon's hair is more suave. Firion's is spikey.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    the mention of the both of them looking similar has drawn quite a few people (including yourself) to square's defense. which is a bit amusing, don't you think?
    Except I wasn't trying to defend Square's sprite-crafting skills circa 1988. I just wouldn't describe Lionheart's sprite simply as "a blue Frioniel." Personal impression.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Leon was a very useful party member in the end so I don't care what he did during the earlier parts of the game
    ...Geddit?

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Let me borrow this real quick.

Vuala. Kishi's right, they're not the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images